OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

They need to merge the Kenny G sequence into the beat, and also the drum pattern that plays at the end...its all separated
I’m sure they thought about that....but can you really do that to Kenny G? The solo was dope, it HAS to live on its own.

Dog, I’m terrified to listen to this ****. I’ve acknowledged that he fell off some years ago but it’s still hard to accept. This seems like the final nail in the coffin :smh:

As someone who got the two lines in the head bc of Kanye as a jit that’s exactly what it felt like to me

Like that dude don’t exist no more fr

As someone who got the two lines in the head bc of Kanye as a jit that’s exactly what it felt like to me

Like that dude don’t exist no more fr
Not trying to offend you but...y’all didn’t grow up?

Not trying to offend you but...y’all didn’t grow up?

has nothing to do with our maturity. Buddy fell off musically. Everything since Yeezus has been subpar. Everything before Yeezus was musical genius, once in a lifetime artist stuff. We will never see a five album streak like that again

What crosses my mind whenever I remotely hear or talk about this album....
621BC386-9E7A-404D-80AA-245E2A6FF4D4.jpeg
F0E65F5E-B389-4908-9AC4-99B6B9BD3264.jpeg

I like this album more and more with each listen. When I saw people trashing JIK 5 minutes after it dropped, when the joint is 30 mins long... I knew the majority of people werent gonna give JIK a legit opinion. Yall asked for the "old Kanye" well... yall got him. I heard elements of his first three in this.

Music "fans" are truly fickle and follow the masses. But I'll let yall cook...

My favorite Kanye line post yeezus is

“russell Simmons wanna pray for me too
Imma pray for him cause he got me too’d”

it was in the “Ye” album. Forgot what the song title.
:lol: Not really a great line but it made me laugh

The album isn't bad, but I think it still falls way short of the bar he set from the first half of his career through MBDTF.

Maybe it's unfair to hold him to that bar, but it is what it is.

I share similar sentiment with alot of yall in here. I posted my thought on the LP on twitter but ill copy/paste it below

When I heard Kanye was doing a 'gospel LP,' I had reservations as Im not a fan of the genre. When I heard snippets from his recent shows, I began to think it wasnt going to go that churchy route. The final product ultimately left me disappointed.

The Good: The Production is top notch. Some of the best from his camp since MBDTF/YEEZUS. Beautiful choir pieces and sampling. The Clipse reunion. Malice washing everyone on the LP The Not so Good: The content. The biggest problem I have with #JIK is there is no balance. KW has ALWAYS been vocal about God, religion etc but hes has always delivered that message among the narcissism, wild one liners, wit. NONE of which is here. Its solely gospel/preachy music. Closed on Sunday deff sound like it could have went the raunchy route but it doesnt stray

The lack of cohesion. Just like 'ye,' this album doesnt flow well at all. Feels like collection of tracks thrown together. The outro going into the intro is nice though. I feel as though all of these songs would be great 'interludes' for his discography. But not as a LP itself.

TLDR, I love the production its amazing. I dont care for the content of the album itself although MALICE SNAPPED. #JIK as an LP wont get much replay from me but as individual tracks, they are tolerable on a shuffle if that makes sense. My 2nd least favorite Kanye album by far

:emoji_star::emoji_star:.5

Bruh is doing his Sunday service down the street from me. Apparently he was here yesterday too

Gave it 2-3 more listens and I went from thinking it was solid to ****ing with it.

I'm atheist so the content holds no weight for me, but I've always liked gospel music sonically and the lack of cursing feels like it saved me from cutting it off because of him saying whatever dumb thing comes to his mind (...a la bleached ***holes.)

I might end up listening to it longer than I thought.

Still super cool on anything he does or says outside of the music and sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom