OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Y’all cappin if you saying yeezus wasn’t hated. That was the very first Kanye album where people swore he was washed.

And add the fact the Cole came out with born sinner the same day, people would look at you sideways if you said you were bumping some dam yeezus

I remember, vividly, having a summer class with a yamb I was tryna get at. Whole semester she was feeling me, talking to me everyday in lab. She was a huge Cole fan, and asked me if I listened to the album. As soon as I said I was listening to yeezus instead. I could literally sense in the atmosphere that thang quickly dry up. She ain’t talk to me ever since :smh:
Tbh, I feel like this was the album where the demographic of the majority of his fans changed drastically to what they are now.

Cultish, hypebeasts who are predominately white.

MBDF is NOT better than college dropout or late registration.

stop it right now.

1. Late Registration
2. College Dropout
3. MBDF
4. 808
5. graduation
6. yeezus
7. pablo
8. JIK
9. Ye

Last edited:
Wow lol what is this souls anchored song it sings just like Ginuwine. This + city in the sky...so many songs that just leave me confused why he decided to not throw em on
I’m positive “Jesus Is Born” will have all these songs. It’s featuring Sunday Service Chior.

for me its

Graduation - his thriller
CD - his illmatic
LR
TLOP - his best album outside of the trilogy imo definitely grew on me
MBDTF
Yeezus
808s
JIK
Ye

Last edited:
MBDF is NOT better than college dropout or late registration.

stop it right now.

1. Late Registration
2. College Dropout
3. MBDF
4. 808
5. graduation
6. yeezus
7. pablo
8. JIK
9. Ye

I would switch Graduation and 808, otherwise this is my list as well. Guess I just prefer the old Kanye.

Ye was ***

I usually rock with a lot of your view points. Out of curiosity is there an album out that you feel like accomplishes what Kanye was attempting to accomplish with Yeeezus?
Im not even sure I know what son was tryna do really. CD was his soulful sample steez. Used LR to work in more live instrumentation and symphonic sounds. Grad has alot more electronic elements. 808s as more minimalist. MBDTF was upscale grime. Yeezus? Im hearing edm, punk, house, and alot of choas. I dont listen to much rap any more but I cant recall if theres anything Ive heard that tried to exist in this same vein.

Anyone else think it’s funny how much merch he is selling for this “gospel” album.

I’m enjoying the album, but the fact that at the end of the day he’s really using it to make a profit makes it less authentic to me.

5E8E4F86-3CFA-483D-AFC9-1C078DF01D4F.png

the fact that he jumped to gospel as he was spiraling personally and musically didn't make it seem less authentic?

Nah, I thought this as well.
Kinda felt it was his way of not having to “compete” per say with Drake and whoever else is big in rap at the moment.

Almost like it was a cop out to stay relevant musically.

Back
Top Bottom