OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

WHERES the recording??? At least the Kendrick track??? I didn’t want to stay up and wait for this **** this time.

All mainstream artists rely on sales , it’s what keeps them relevant and paid. Ye likely isn’t doing these shows just because , he’s doing it for the insane amount of money he’s making lol

I know you hate drake but I don’t believe they have 2 different lanes. I’d argue it’s hard to find somebody who is a currrent drake fan that wasn’t a ye fan(maybe up to the maga stuff)

drake probably has more pop fans currently but their fan base overlaps a lot outside of the stans that are picking sides because they think they need to lol

Kanye is past a billion at this point & is going on 20 years in rap he's solidified in both relevancy & being paid. Kanye from the jump has never been the one to chase the hot sound or continue to make the same sounds over & over again to appease his fanbase & that's the difference.

Kanye througout his career has purposely made swift turns in his style, he didn't release Yeezus because he wanted more sales, he didn't turn to a 7 song project in a streaming era where people are putting out 25+ records for sales, He damn sure didn't release a gospel albums because he's worried about his sales :lol: .

I'm sure Kanye enjoys the extra millions he's making off the merch, but to say that's the sole reasoning is farfetched. He could very easily have just have gotten the merch made, sent out a tweet & sold the same, Could have just dropped another batch of Yeezy's etc etc. We're talking about someone who has notoriously put himself in debt on SEVERAL tours just to get his vision across. We've witnessed dude experiment with different kinds of art for years now, this is just an extension of Videos popping up on the sides of buildings worldwide, Doing the fashion show in MSG etc etc.... it allows for an actual experience.

In regards to Drake, nobody hates dude. I still listen to some of his music when it's good. But the truth of the matter is he makes mediocre music lately, cookie cutter, trend hopping, pandering, non original uninspired records. I've Been saying this about every project after IYRTITL, Has nothing to do with Ye. Dude is just bland, amazing marketer, genius promotion but artistically unimpressive.

Y’all see him last night? Lol
3806A5D4-3C5D-433A-96CD-26599E70F088.jpeg

Bible versus, but you on a stage with a racist and homophobe, both who are unrepentant women beaters. Somebody needs to go to Bible Study.

Ummmmm I think that was kind of the point of having them up there :lol: , The Bible does say that all sins shall be forgiven, The bible suggest that Only god can be the judge of people's action. Yet all over social media there's people passing judgement on everyone at that house under the guise of the Lord.

MM
Dababy
Rooga Did a song celebrating gang culture
Larry Hoover Jr is up there, we know what his father is accused of

I think the backlash makes the performance stand out even clearer personally.

Bible verses, but you on a stage with a racist and homophobe, both who are unrepentant women beaters. Somebody needs to go to Bible Study.
My mans has a lot of "duality of man" clashing for sure. The GD's at the door track totally didnt fit but it does under the sense of duality.

You can assume once people started ripping audio fromthe concerts that most of what you hear is not the final mix or version of the album. He's gonna cut verses and mix stuff up.

Ummmmm I think that was kind of the point of having them up there :lol: , The Bible does say that all sins shall be forgiven, The bible suggest that Only god can be the judge of people's action. Yet all over social media there's people passing judgement on everyone at that house under the guise of the Lord.

MM
Dababy
Rooga Did a song celebrating gang culture
Larry Hoover Jr is up there, we know what his father is accused of

I think the backlash makes the performance stand out even clearer personally.

The Bible also commands for sinners to repent. Neither of those dudes have changed a damn thing.
Like most people, he wants to be religious when it suits him. Looks down his nose at "liberals" and practices the worst type of Christianity.

Let me say this, I used to love Kanye. Same area, same age group, same hiccups. But the dude that's walking around now? Freaking heartbreaking.

The Bible also commands for sinners to repent. Neither of those dudes have changed a damn thing.
Like most people, he wants to be religious when it suits him. Looks down his nose at "liberals" and practices the worst type of Christianity.

Let me say this, I used to love Kanye. Same area, same age group, same hiccups. But the dude that's walking around now? Freaking heartbreaking.

1) you have no idea what any of those dudes have done to repent
2) Your looking down on people for not practicing their religion to your standards,
3) I'm pretty sure Kanye works with & has relationships with several people who consider themselves liberal :lol:. And there is no standard way to practice Christianity.

I agree, but i do think Ye wants the "competition" to highlight the differences between them. One is a pop star one is an Artist.

If he was to be "worried" about someone it should be Kendrick, because he's another one that innovates everytime he drops, & not just music, it's videos, concepts, stage shows etc etc

He's cut from that same cloth

Agreed. Kendrick may be > Kanye as an artist. I’m undecided. He’s definitely a better rapper though, but I don’t think that’s really up for debate lol

Two different lanes for Kanye and Kendrick. Can’t compare, but in all, I’m stuck on who I would take. Both offer so much.

Two different lanes for Kanye and Kendrick. Can’t compare, but in all, I’m stuck on who I would take. Both offer so much.
Considering Ye took Kendrick on tour with him as an opening act when Kendrick was just exploding as a star and kendrick fit right in, I don’t know that their lanes are that different. We just think of Kendrick as more of a rappity rapper, but stylistically, they're pretty similar.

Ironically, Drake is the most vanilla "get from point A to point B in a predictable way" artist of the 3, if you know what I mean.

Considering Ye took Kendrick on tour with him as an opening act when Kendrick was just exploding as a star and kendrick fit right in, I don’t know that their lanes are that different. We just think of Kendrick as more of a rappity rapper, but stylistically, they're pretty similar.

Ironically, Drake is the most vanilla "get from point A to point B in a predictable way" artist of the 3, if you know what I mean.

There may be parallels between Kanye and Kendrick, but they are just different. I can’t find a way to put it in words. But, they have different focuses and strengths, and their music fulfills different needs for the listener.

Was there in 100 level last night

**** was wack man lol all this star power, a sold out arena, and yall just stand around and press play. I guess that’s what I should expect but even the sound quality was *** too, **** sounded like somebody had the AUX in a Hyundai. Could barely make out words

This is coming from a Kanye fan since I was 12 man since thru the wire

left really disappointed

highlight might have been him playing they done let the GDs in the door and Westside Gunn verse/appearance

crowd was just standing around too not getting down seemed like ppl were just there for an insta or snap story

WHAT?????

I love Wayne but his biggest knock his entire career has been that he makes surface level raps
I thought about mentioning that. When Wayne is focused in regards to staying on topic you can hear it loudly. When Kendrick did "Mona Lisa" with Wayne it was clear as day.

Back
Top Bottom