OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

My thoughts:

No major stand out tracks. It’s all just cool. The first half of track 1 was unbearable. I skipped it. The last min and a half of that song is ok. Tracks 2 and 3 are great. Track 6 is great. Track 7 is good lyrically.

Whole album felt cohesive and well produced. You could tell he did it all in the same mindframe. Def wasn’t a MAGA album. If anything it was “old Ye.” It was too short though.

Music is great. I love all of the different opinions

The only track I don't LOVE off the first few listens is track 2.

the only people across the internet saying this album isn't flames are the few lames on niketalk go figure lol guess who matters

Kanye’s just not in a space to give us anything new or fresh musically anymore

He’s in a content place in life with his family & clothing line, & that has caused his music to become directionless & plateau out

College Dropout, Graduation, 808s, MBDTF, Yeezus...those were all made while Kanye was dealing with events & emotions that warranted a specific vision in mind

Where's the HOV feature
200.gif

Kanye’s just not in a space to give us anything new or fresh musically anymore

He’s in a content place in life with his family & clothing line, & that has caused his music to become directionless & plateau out

College Dropout, Graduation, 808s, MBDTF, Yeezus...those were all made while Kanye was dealing with events & emotions that warranted a specific vision in mind

He was pretty personal on this new album.

I think as fans we prefer artists to remain in the same pocket in music but don't acknowledge the growth/decline that comes with life; ultimately changing the music.

Similar to Lebron, I've watched Kanye's career from the beginning and appreciate the successes AND failures because they feel real, just like my own. From that mind state, I approach Kanye albums differently than Id approach a Drake album.

I dislike Wouldn’t Leave the most. I wasn’t crazy about Pablo at first but it grew on me and this might do the same. Agree it is too short tho.

the only people across the internet saying this album isn't flames are the few lames on niketalk go figure lol guess who matters

Strange, every site i've looked is saying it's trash. But I suppose KTT will be saying it is great.

Album is very ok. Probably won't be in rotation much but it's a decent contribution to his discography.

which one is the real one? apple music ones doesnt have features. kanyes listening party had features....... that link earlier has those tracks? wth

i kinda dig the 7 track thing. i can listen to the whole album on my drive to work.

the only thing i'm mad about is the fact he used "lift yourself" as a throwaway beat :smh: :rolleyes

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/01/arts/music/kanye-west-album-ye.html

After the listening session ended, many of the guests piled into buses and ended up at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar, a supersized, taxidermy-filled honky-tonk in downtown Jackson, 45 minutes to the southwest.

A bluegrass band was playing for a few dedicated dancers, and after a little scene-sniffing — with both locals and visitors looking on warily — dozens of Mr. West’s friends burst onto the dance floor. Lil Yachty, his red braids flying, was doing BlocBoy JB’s signature kick dance, and Teyana Taylor, wearing a Goyard body satchel, was hitting a sturdy milly rock. Desiigner ran onto the floor to do-si-do with some regulars. On the other side of the room, Ty Dolla Sign was shooting pool.

A little while later, Mr. West showed up. While a crowd formed around him, it wasn’t unmanageable. He posed for pictures with locals, sat and talked to Big Sean for a bit, and generally played the part of guy in a bar, just like everyone around him. And on this night, in this room, America looked like it might be something great after all.

imagine being here :lol:

Ghost Town....GOOOOD GRIEF :sick::sick::sick::sick:

If thats what they didnt put on the KSG album,.....i cant wait to hear what they do have on that next week

Right now thats my favorite track but im sure by tonight itll be something else

Last week it was Infrared and by today it became Come Back Baby

Have a feeling more songs will come out like he did tlop

The merch is shipping with a cd that might have tracks we dont have it

Violent Crimes :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom