OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

62900FAC-5B42-437C-A2A9-392F1844577E.jpeg
AA7E564A-C176-452D-AB44-D5F76C6207D9.jpeg

I don't know about top 3, but Kanye's best album if we not counting Watch the Throne.

$200 for a jacket with no zipper?!?! And it sold out in hours?? Kanye's influence on apparel is pretty nuts.

Should have bought some Gap stock when the deal was first announced :smh: .

and i'm going to post this every time he does some ill **** in apparel..... Whenever you have an idea & are facing criticism from people.... remember ****** told Kanye to stop trying to get "help" from the white man & make T-SHIRTS :lol:

and i'm going to post this every time he does some ill **** in apparel..... Whenever you have an idea & are facing criticism from people.... remember ****** told Kanye to stop trying to get "help" from the white man & make T-SHIRTS :lol:

What Ye is doing is dope but he very well could have built Pastelle or whatever up as a Supreme type brand over 10-15 years and still get the GAP/Adidas partnerships as opposed to going on all those rants about how Zuckerberg won’t cash app him for all those years :lol: dude didn’t wanna go the hardaway because “I’m Kanye ****ing West” :lol: would have been a better story and he’d have a brand with actual streetwear heritage on its own rather than YEEZY only existing off the strength of him being Kanye West the entertainer.

Hope the GAP **** works out tho and I can get a piece or two.

Last edited:

Got in at 11.99 once the news dropped. Dude is a cash cow.

What Ye is doing is dope but he very well could have built Pastelle or whatever up as a Supreme type brand over 10-15 years and still get the GAP/Adidas partnerships as opposed to going on all those rants about how Zuckerberg won’t cash app him for all those years :lol: dude didn’t wanna go the hardaway because “I’m Kanye ****ing West” :lol: would have been a better story and he’d have a brand with actual streetwear heritage on its own rather than YEEZY only existing off the strength of him being Kanye West the entertainer.

Hope the GAP **** works out tho and I can get a piece or two.

There are entirely too many in depth interviews about his journey in fashion for people to truly believe this narrative.

what your asking for is essentially expecting an indie artist to Become Drake/Cole/Kendrick without any major backing. Now think of the amount of capital that would take & 3-4x it in the fashion industry.

There are entirely too many in depth interviews about his journey in fashion for people to truly believe this narrative.

what your asking for is essentially expecting an indie artist to Become Drake/Cole/Kendrick without any major backing. Now think of the amount of capital that would take & 3-4x it in the fashion industry.

So how did James Jebbia and Nigo do it with a fraction of the resources, following and money Ye had in a pre Internet era?

Even Pharrell essentially set the blueprint for Ye with billionaire boys and while now Bape/BBC are in the Jimmy Jazz/Zumiez/etc. tier, for a solid 10 or so years they were respected as higher end streetwear.

I understand he did try to get something popping with the OG Donda line but that was his fault for starting with women’s clothing. you telling me 07-09 Ye, as many trends and whatnot that he put the game on, would have flopped selling streetwear? Start with exclusive/limited drops and by 2012-2014 he still has enough clout to get the Adidas deal or hell maybe even get his rightful respect business wise from Nike to begin with because he was already established in fashion/apparel...as opposed to what happened :lol:

and I say this as a huge Ye fan who was paying attention to all these rants and all the forgotten bull **** he tried like the $100 or $1000 APC tee :lol:

at the end of the day it went how it went but I always thought it was nasty how he was begging white men for money like they owed him when he himself is above that. ***** Make that call privately to Jay before you go begging Mark Zuckerberg to acknowledge you :lol:

So how did James Jebbia and Nigo do it with a fraction of the resources, following and money Ye had in a pre Internet era?

Even Pharrell essentially set the blueprint for Ye with billionaire boys and while now Bape/BBC are in the Jimmy Jazz/Zumiez/etc. tier, for a solid 10 or so years they were respected as higher end streetwear.

I understand he did try to get something popping with the OG Donda line but that was his fault for starting with women’s clothing. you telling me 07-09 Ye, as many trends and whatnot that he put the game on, would have flopped selling streetwear? Start with exclusive/limited drops and by 2012-2014 he still has enough clout to get the Adidas deal or hell maybe even get his rightful respect business wise from Nike to begin with because he was already established in fashion/apparel...as opposed to what happened :lol:

and I say this as a huge Ye fan who was paying attention to all these rants and all the forgotten bull **** he tried like the $100 or $1000 APC tee :lol:

at the end of the day it went how it went but I always thought it was nasty how he was begging white men for money like they owed him when he himself is above that. ***** Make that call privately to Jay before you go begging Mark Zuckerberg to acknowledge you :lol:

I don't know how you listened to those rants & yet you keep pointing towards streetwear. This was never about creating a streetwear brand, it was about HIGH END LUXURY FASHION that allow these celebs to promote & build up these houses but would give them no creative control & would not share the facilities & connects to those who weren't "initiated". By that i mean mostly european white men & a few homosexual black men.

All the ***** was asking for was the same opportunities his white counterparts had, it's not like this ***** just woke up on a whim and said i want to be a designer today. It's well documented that dude put in the work, interning with several different companies, hiring & collaborating with some of the worlds most renown designers.

In doing so the man created instant sell outs & insane hype for two of the largest brands in the world...... Now imagine doing all of this, being one of the main influencers in the world of fashion & being told you don't have enough credit built up. Meanwhile the 25 yr old who just graduated from Parsons, FIT, Central Saint (many of whom worked for or with him) is getting those opportunities no questions asked :lol: .

saying that he was "begging the white man" is an interesting way to word it. When rappers are asking for a deal from these labels do we say that? when Ballers are asking for new contracts do we say that?

***** knew his value, believed in his work & demanded the same opportunity his white counterparts got. Adidas was the only ones smart enough to listen & now a billion dollar company later... I think it's clear that his way of doing it>>>>>>>>>>>>> listening to the masses.

Ye had a bigger plan, that required large facilities, connects & teams. he got that & he's opened the floodgates for everyone else. Word to Rihanna getting an LVMH deal & Virgil running Louis Vuitton.

Yeah, my boy bought in as soon as announced and he is caking. He has yet to prove it with the clothes, but this price point I feel lends itself more to his brand of inclusivity and the actual worth of his designs lol.

Back
Top Bottom