OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

so “live samples” doesn’t mean being able to record your own samples ?

upload them via the website. not sure how they are managing copyright infringement, though.

edit: Where are you seeing "live samples" mentioned?

A true creative can use anything to make something beautiful.

Again, it will be interesting to see where this goes...

The biggest barrier in my mind is the website requirement and secondarily that you cannot record...

If it's a high-quality piece (durable, good battery, etc.) and it gets hacked or jailbroken, that will go long way towards giving it a decent lifespan.

From what I read, seems the website is the key to the stem creation for remixes of pre-existing music, though.

upload them via the website. not sure how they are managing copyright infringement, though.

edit: Where are you seeing "live samples" mentioned?

D18BB6FF-DA9C-4108-9E24-1D63267996FE.png

If that thing could do simultaneous voice record it would be sick. Being able to lay something down in a instant when you get a creative spark would be tight.

Ok, gotcha.

Typically that means stuff like vocal snippets such as “hey!” or “Woo!” or pre-recorded live instrument samples...

Link to example: Free Live Samples

Not sampling like a MPC or something of the sort where you can record direct from a source. You’d have to do that with something else and then upload your samples to the stem web site and then the stem player.

If it takes off, maybe he will release an enhanced version with more features.

the product description/faq includes a snippet about how "any song" can be uploaded and deconstructed, and i looked into it, apparently machine learning based stem reverse engineering has come a really long way and there are a variety of services where you can upload a song and it'll spit out separated drums/bass/vocals/instruments after a few minutes of queuing and processing

eg http://melody.ml

so it's not unthinkable that for this product, they've produced some kind of deal where they get to run an instance of one of these services specifically for people who bought a donda pod

Yup, enterprise license for unlimited use through the website. The stem software is nothing cutting edge.

we pay more for sneakers...

tbh $200 for an mp3 player + built in speaker that allows you to control the volume mixing of four tracks simultaneously isn't that terrible of a deal

yeah, it's not bad. but i'll wait til it gets ironed out. i dont want to buy a donda player for $200. :rofl:

I'm not here to feel superior to anyone so this is an honest question. How is it stupid from a fans POV? If the fan has the awareness to know this is indeed a listening party and not a full blown concert performance, the fan had the choice to decide if they want to invest in such a thing. If they do, works for them. If they dont, still works for them cuz they dont have to.

I want to do it for sure. Just salty as hell about these prices. But I'd def drop some cash for a chance to hear a soon to be released album that I'm greatly anticipating on a sound system that will far exceed anything I will have the chance to listen to it on again.

As a fan like I am myself, I just want the album to b released with no pushbacks, no delays, in the comfort of my home / off my phone/ wherever i listen to my music regularly on the date that was originally given

but this is ye, so its expected love it or hate it

This thread is getting spicy.

I hate when people say female tendencies it’s hella sexist.

Lots of women are tougher mentally than y’all dudes.

Anyways if ye don’t drop this album this weekend and does a damn 2 night in chi or a LA listening event.

I fear this thread getting locked out of precaution lol

definitely copped the stem player,

As someone who loves playing with the EQ (annoyed that streaming services barely give you any control of that) i had to cop. Eager to see just how well the AI works in terms of Splitting the Songs.

The last Google upload of the Donda album someone posted here got taken down. Does someone else have a HQ version?

Back
Top Bottom