OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Im glad Ye is done with Kim .... he starting to spund hungry again ....

IMO his verse in City if Gods is probably his best in years .....

dat boy was clean as hell. my god, this fit is goals :lol::lol::lol:
ye fit clean.jpeg

I ****ing hate this. Probably my #1 and #2 artist. I feel bad for Cudi man but hes def cappin here. Kanye gon Kanye :rolleyes

Hope they make up before it drops

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-200229_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-200229_Instagram.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220213-101502_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-101502_Instagram.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20220213-101455_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-101455_Instagram.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 110
I'm sorry but Cudi is a GOAT- sucks to see him and Ye go through it again but Cudi is a pillar in hip-hop.
Nah...

I know people like Cudi but you putting alot of sauce on it with words like "pillar in hip hop".

I feel like cudis last few releases haven't even really been hip hop focused, and I don't listen to much radio but I doubt he is getting spins like that on hip hop focused stations.

Last edited:
Personally I'm not big on Cudi projects these days, but he's somehow overrated & underrated all at once :lol:

What i will say is if there's a Cudi feature there's a 90% chance of it ending up fire

Personally I'm not big on Cudi projects these days, but he's somehow overrated & underrated all at once :lol:

What i will say is if there's a Cudi feature there's a 90% chance of it ending up fire
He gassed cuz he attached to Ye.

I will say heis early work had a lot of influence on the more popular sound from the last couple years but he can't even do his own sound the best at this point.

Kanye saying Cudi is one of the most important artist of this generation is what has helped propel a narrative that isn't exactly based in reality.

Thug> Cudi in just about every way possible including cross dressing

Nah...

I know people like Cudi but you putting alot of sauce on it with words like "pillar in hip hop".

I feel like cudis last few releases haven't even really been hip hop focused, and I don't listen to much radio but I doubt he is getting spins like that on hip hop focused stations.
Hip-hop centered stations are also playing Cardi B 6 times an hour so I don't go off them. 808's was a direct reflection of Cudi's style and influence. The stylings of Drake, Travis Scott & Ye are all drawn from Cudi's style. He played a pivotal role in the game. His best work will likely always be his earlier offerings but his recent albums have been solid.

I will say heis early work had a lot of influence on the more popular sound from the last couple years but he can't even do his own sound the best at this point.

Kanye saying Cudi is one of the most important artist of this generation is what has helped propel a narrative that isn't exactly based in reality.

Thug? Stop it!

I think the Cudi did establish his own little lane, EMO/mumble/humming and some cats got some elements of Cudi in their work, but I won’t go as far to say that his reach was all that influential. I think Cudi was Cudi before Ye’, but be associated with him gave him more ears if that makes sense.

To be fair... The Cudi as a pillar argument could be:

There's no 808s without Cudi (yes, T Pain was a bigger influence, but Cudi actually co-wrote most of the hits on that record.)

There's no Drake without 808s and heartbreaks.

There's no current generation of rappers without Drake.

Back
Top Bottom