OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

If youre not downloading uncompressed. FLAC youre doing it wrong anyway...

Album is OK but it doesnt compare to his earlier work.

Not bad for 5 days of work. Also, sold out 2 arena shows, he made that 20 million in 24hrs. We don’t even know the merch sales or box office from the 2 listening parties. CRAZY/WILD/SUCCESSFUL WEEK! Only Ye lol.
IMG_9734.jpeg
This is lowkey insane man. To put these type of numbers up, after all the things he’s done - not tryna put the dude on a pedestal but his grip on the culture is wild

Cool accomplishment. I always wondered how it would look for a mainstream artist to go indy. Now if he did this before burning down his image and positive standing in the biz, what would that look like?....

You do realize he “burned” down his image to get out of his contracts right?

Like burning down your house to fix a bug problem... were the bugs that bad? Lol... and now he's crying to fans to not buy these Yeezys and that they are "fake". Dude is a clown no matter how you cut it.

Plus, that TMZ interview was years before he "strategically started acting crazy"

Like burning down your house to fix a bug problem... were the bugs that bad?
In this analogy the bugs are the major labels/companies and numerous contracts where others owned part of or made money off his ****.

The other solution is to wait for the bugs to die out (contract run out) or hope the bugs leave to some place else/better (majors and other big companies don’t have to do this cuz they can ho multiple ppl at once even if one signed star ain’t as hot as anymore). And he never had the option to just move out.

So I get why he burned the house down especially if he felt like he could survive it and bounce back.

Last edited:
Reluctantly finally broke down and dissected the album for about a week now. I’ve been so exhausted and disappointed with Ye and his embarrassing public self implosion episodes that I’ve just been avoiding him altogether. It’s just hard/sad to watch one of (if not) your favorite musicians ruin his image in public. All that said, the album is nuts :smh:. It completely slaps damn near all the way through, song for song. First Kanye project I’ve enjoyed in many years. At least since TLOP (I ignored all the Donda stuff). He sprinkled a lot of “old Kanye” in this album IMO which is why I find it enjoyable. It’s a true testament to his artistic talent and undeniable creativity that even when I’m completely disappointed in him and his cringy public antics and political statements, he pulls me back in with the music. I may disagree with a lot of what he says and supports but just like R. Kelly, I will always appreciate the music for what it is and just have to separate the man from the melody I guess. “King” is favorite off the album.

Reluctantly finally broke down and dissected the album for about a week now. I’ve been so exhausted and disappointed with Ye and his embarrassing public self implosion episodes that I’ve just been avoiding him altogether. It’s just hard/sad to watch one of (if not) your favorite musicians ruin his image in public. All that said, the album is nuts :smh:. It completely slaps damn near all the way through, song for song. First Kanye project I’ve enjoyed in many years. At least since TLOP (I ignored all the Donda stuff). He sprinkled a lot of “old Kanye” in this album IMO which is why I find it enjoyable. It’s a true testament to his artistic talent and undeniable creativity that even when I’m completely disappointed in him and his cringy public antics and political statements, he pulls me back in with the music. I may disagree with a lot of what he says and supports but just like R. Kelly, I will always appreciate the music for what it is and just have to separate the man from the melody I guess. “King” is favorite off the album.

Just curious, why’d you avoid Donda? It was before the controversy.

IDC what anyone says, Donda is a great album, and explores all of his sounds.

Just curious, why’d you avoid Donda? It was before the controversy.

IDC what anyone says, Donda is a great album, and explores all of his sounds.
Idk why I just never got into Donda. I do know by that time he was definitely in his full blown MAGA hat/ “slavery was a choice” era, though. And it only got worse from there. All of that made me tune out completely for a while. I was super hesitant to even entertain this album but did so just to see how it sounded sonically and can honestly say this is a solid project from him.

Idk why I just never got into Donda. I do know by that time he was definitely in his full blown MAGA hat/ “slavery was a choice” era, though. And it only got worse from there. All of that made me tune out completely for a while. I was super hesitant to even entertain this album but did so just to see how it sounded sonically and can honestly say this is a solid project from him.

I’m trying to recall the timeline 🤣 he came out and visited Trump in 2016 I believe, the MAGA hat was sometime before Ye, which came out in 2018, but yeah man I get it.

Donda really was a great project though. I’d recommend it if you were ever a Ye fan.

Last edited:
Like burning down your house to fix a bug problem... were the bugs that bad? Lol... and now he's crying to fans to not buy these Yeezys and that they are "fake". Dude is a clown no matter how you cut it.

Plus, that TMZ interview was years before he "strategically started acting crazy"
I mean both things can be true: he wanted out of those contracts and thought further burning down his brand was the way to do so.

My guess is he overestimated how he “couldn’t be cancelled” and is still reeling from the consequences of his actions in 2022.

The Donda listening parties were dope. Hearing songs for the first time like Moon, Jail, Come to Life were all memorable for me. Wish Donda 2 never got scrapped
I agree but Donda 2 needed A LOT of work though.

I suppose it could have been a multi-listening party rollout where songs were improved from party to party like Donda 1 though.

His INDEPENDENT run been GREAT SO FAR! Number 1 album back to back weeks. Now about to have his first number 1 song in over 15+ years. This might be top 10 of his biggest hits.
IMG_0994.jpeg
IMG_0995.jpeg
IMG_0996.jpeg
IMG_0997.jpeg

So rumor is Vultures 2 is only gonna be available digitally for $20 when it drops? Saw all his new merch is $20. Will admit I'm a big tempted to cop some pods but heard shipping could be a nightmare and they may not get sent out for over a month.

Back
Top Bottom