OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Originally Posted by Wyse23

On another note, does anyone else have trouble wearing any other type of shoes to ball in, now that you've played in Kobe V's?
I used to wear Jordan's, Penny's, Lebron's, old Kobe's, etc. And now whenever I am getting ready to play bball I can't get myself to wear anything but my Kobe V's. They are so much lighter, more comfortable, and fit my foot perfect. Anyone else have trouble wearing there old shoes?
I gotta agree with you on this one. I used to rotate through Kobe III, IV, the Hyperdunk, and my V's. Now I grab my V's everytime. 

Originally Posted by Wyse23

Eastbay Rep:

Are there any plans to lower the price on some of the earlier colorways of the Zoom Kobe V's? I know many of the colorways have been on sale at FootLocker's for $99.99 for quite a while, do you know of any upcoming price discounts?

And yes I am aware of the coupon codes available, etc. I just wondered for additional savings/sales. Thanks.
Sorry, we are not told about any future price drops/sales.  Best thing to do is just keep checking the website for any updates.

EastbayRep - Ray

i swear... every other shoe is stupid to me now... F'n pointless to be honest. Love these 5s.
I'm glad the 6s have the same zoom set up.

whats the real score on the inks...is it the dark purple tranlucent sole or the solid gray soles???some websites have gray soles some have translucent purple soles..

Originally Posted by never wear them

i swear... every other shoe is stupid to me now... F'n pointless to be honest. Love these 5s.
I can wear the 4s and 5s casually and not feel like I am wearing a "hoops specific" shoe.  For hoops, I really have tried other stuff in the last year (i.e KD2, Lebron 6, various Jordans, hyperfuse,etc..) and nothing holds a candle to the 5s.  I have to say though,  From a casual aspect, I cannot see wearing the 6 much at all.  The textured look and the overall profile look much bulkier than the 5 which looks more like a soccer boot than a basketball shoe.  I am sure that certain colorways will be alluring for the 6, but I really think that in terms of an all around shoe- casual, hoops, performance( aside from outdoor courts ), that the 5 is pretty ridiculous and will be considered an instant classic moving forward.  I think the same may be said about the 4 as well, but there isnt nearly the lockdown feel in the 4 that you get with the 5.  It feels like you are thoroughly supported in the ankle area without having a bunch of material around your ankle like you would from a high top or even 3/4 top shoe.

Originally Posted by airJOBO

whats the real score on the inks...is it the dark purple tranlucent sole or the solid gray soles???some websites have gray soles some have translucent purple soles..
Its a purple translucent sole. Pics of the version being released are on the last page (pg 896).

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by never wear them

I can wear the 4s and 5s casually and not feel like I am wearing a "hoops specific" shoe.  For hoops, I really have tried other stuff in the last year (i.e KD2, Lebron 6, various Jordans, hyperfuse,etc..) and nothing holds a candle to the 5s.  I have to say though,  From a casual aspect, I cannot see wearing the 6 much at all.  The textured look and the overall profile look much bulkier than the 5 which looks more like a soccer boot than a basketball shoe.  I am sure that certain colorways will be alluring for the 6, but I really think that in terms of an all around shoe- casual, hoops, performance( aside from outdoor courts ), that the 5 is pretty ridiculous and will be considered an instant classic moving forward.  I think the same may be said about the 4 as well, but there isnt nearly the lockdown feel in the 4 that you get with the 5.  It feels like you are thoroughly supported in the ankle area without having a bunch of material around your ankle like you would from a high top or even 3/4 top shoe.

Spot on, and agreed with Edwin as well. Every day I wind up grabbing one of my Kobe V's.. They are so damn comfortable, can be worn casually, and my number 1 gym choice amongst my over 100 pairs... Suffice to say, I have never loved a shoe so much , and who would have thought most of us would have wound up with 10+ pairs? 20+ pairs? I would have said you guy's are crazy, and now look... hah

I do have to say though, the Hyperfuse is my basketball shoe choice... I just feel more comfortable mentally I guess with the little higher ankle support, Kobe's when I used them were always stout performers though and I had not one ankle issue!

Originally Posted by airJOBO

im not feeling the purple translucent...IMO its better with the gray soles...

Regular clear soles would have been best on the inks IMO, but I don't mind the purple translucent.

I'm done in this thread..... Effin Edwin and his pics. Just walked outta Sheikhs with 5 rings.

Thanks Edwin
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 My pics arent that great.

its the shoes!

as i mentioned yesterday... laced up the aways. 2nd favorite colorway
5125938555_e73f35f2a4_z.jpg

5126544832_41b218dd93_z.jpg

2nd time wearing them actually... and i dont like how they are creasing..... might need another pair
laugh.gif

5126548620_c06928e416_z.jpg

thanks again guys.

^^^^^^^dayum! I need a pair of BS Aways....might have to just fork out the duckets......
HG here I come this weekend.
btw, did anyone see the 24 hours with CP3(0)?....
was monty wearing the DD's?

^^ Nice pictures of the Aways. Only reminds me more of how I missed out on the Big Stages, only chance to get them here in MI was kb24 or ebay....
eyes.gif

fork it out fellas... you guys aint gonna see these on the regular... 'specially in like the next couple months...
ima aim for another pair

i'm not sure if i should keep my home big stages. they look pretty plain to me, and i probably wouldnt wear them since theyd yellow and get dirty as @#$%, but kobe did win the championship in them

Agreed BSs are a must if you have the chance to get em. Big ups to the man for holding me down for my aways! You know who you are.

As for the 5 rings, they're not the best colorway by far. But what they symbolize, and I have the 4 rings I felt I needed em. Sheikhs having em for sale while I just happened to be out today (which is rare for me to be out during the week) made it an easier decision. All in all, I'm glad I got em, and now am officially done with Vs.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Agreed BSs are a must if you have the chance to get em. Big ups to the man for holding me down for my aways! You know who you are.

As for the 5 rings, they're not the best colorway by far. But what they symbolize, and I have the 4 rings I felt I needed em. Sheikhs having em for sale while I just happened to be out today (which is rare for me to be out during the week) made it an easier decision. All in all, I'm glad I got em, and now am officially done with Vs.

but YOU'RE supposed to hold ME down man!.... lol
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by slim15

Hey yo wyse! What part of MI u stay in bro????

you stay in MI too?
nerd.gif

i had the chance to get the 5 rings from kb24 last night. i had them in my cart and everything..i just couldnt pay for a shoe i felt like i was falling into from the flood of pics
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom