* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

If thats RJ....HOOK ME WITH the MIA/LA tickets!
nerd.gif

Tony Parker needs to chill.
indifferent.gif

The shrit BRON is wearing is lame....I like this one.

391599377.jpg

pimp.gif

that aint a lebron james shirt tho.............

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Originally Posted by DubA169

i never said lebron "sucked" at basketball. not once. i even said pat riley will make him better because mike brown was awful. but don't act like lebron doesn't have question marks around him after quitting in the playoffs and the fake elbow garbage. He's still top 1 or 2 on the league, i'm not blind.

when nike doesn't let their cash cow speak at radio city music hall, some people are gonna wonder what nike has planned with him. i just find it very interesting. it's part of the whole story of next season

every basketball player has question marks around him.

dont try to downplay lebron

hes been the best in the L for like 3 years now

Yet he can't win @#% on a weak side Eastern Conference. Got his behind smacked good 2 times in a row by the Magic who almost got swept by the 30 years old age average Bostin Celtic. The fact is Lebron James is stoppable if teams play the Zone defense correctly.

And the fact if you back off him, he's prone to jacking up a bad three, or long jumper.

Yoooooooo, I am back from a nice little bday celebration in Vegas
happy.gif
pimp.gif
............... What did I miss out on?
nerd.gif

I have missed you all.

So, I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this.

I watched a 76ers game from back in 2003 (against the Mavericks, I had it taped), and I don't know, maybe it was past his "prime," but the guy just didn't seem to be productive at ALL.

He was still clearly the fastest player on the court, and finished at the rim better than anyone at the time, but goddamn, he was really poor with his decision making. His shot selection is terrible, and on defense he always gambled. ALWAYS. He got two steals in the game I watched, but still, he was just overall very poor on defense. When he gambled, he went all out, and he always left someone open. Maybe it was the joint lack-of-effort on defense for the entire team, but they were just atrocious.

This was a Mavericks team consisting of Dirk, Nash, Finley, Raja, and Van Exel.. Outside of that you have Shawn Bradley, Raef LaFrentz, Walt Williams, Adrian Griffin, Avery Johnson, and Antoine frickin' Rigaudeau. They were getting beat on the inside consistently, allowing the Mavericks to get open threes (12/22 for the game), and just not trying hard enough to play like an NBA team.

That falls on the shoulders of Iverson, he didn't create for his teammates at all that game, only three, while John Salmons (yes that Salmons) had nine assists.

It's what I remember of Iverson. GREAT individual player, but the man was never a team player. This was back in the day when he just didn't give out many dimes, sure later on he became a decent creator, and I know I'm basing a lot of this off one-game, but this wasn't a guy I'd want to lay my franchise on.

Not to toot my own teams horn, but Dirk looked FANTASTIC. He really crashed the boards well, and you really forget how effective Nash and Nowitzki were with their two-man game. He was very good defensively in the paint too, surprisingly so. He was still really weak sometimes against smaller defenders, but still put up 30/14 in a dominant performance.

^Not sure if what you posted has been a topic of ongoing discussion, as I have been gone for a few days, and not to shoot down your post............. but what you just posted is how everybody has felt about Iverson
laugh.gif

Those Sixers teams lived and died by AI. I can only think of a few rare instances where the Sixers won with AI deferring or completely trusting his teammates. But that is not to take anything away from AI. Iverson would 100% hand deliver/have the team on his shoulder and singlehandedly win games for Philly.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Yet he can't win @#% on a weak side Eastern Conference. Got his behind smacked good 2 times in a row by the Magic who almost got swept by the 30 years old age average Bostin Celtic. The fact is Lebron James is stoppable if teams play the Zone defense correctly.
Last I check basketball is a TEAM sport. Oh my bad LA avy why even waste my time.
tired.gif

NobleKane wrote:

that aint a lebron james shirt tho.............
  Then who did NIKE make it for?

How you gonna take one game out of the season in '03 and decide whether a player was in his prime at that time or not? Since when has A.I. ever been known for sharing the ball with the bums that were on that Sixers team?

i'm shocked that's not a lebron shirt. who was it made for?

football been making the off season go faster. things were getting really slow

I think Stuckey is smoking the same *%!+ as SuperCoolBeas.
Dime: I can tell you are driven after the difficult experience of last season. How do you feel things will turn out this season coming up?
Stuckey: Last year was tough. We were inconsistent. There was no chemistry. We all just have to stay healthy and the sky is the limit for us. On paper, we are the best team in the League. We are deep and athletic. All we have to do is play to our abilities. We don’t have the biggest roster, but if we share the ball, we’ll be alright.

I can't believe training camp starts at the end of this week or beginning of next week (depending on the team).

NBA tranining camp is proably the worse out of all the sports tho

and with college and NFL football on i dont really care much.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

How you gonna take one game out of the season in '03 and decide whether a player was in his prime at that time or not? Since when has A.I. ever been known for sharing the ball with the bums that were on that Sixers team?
That's why I was making a statement about the overall state of that franchise during that time.

You guys hating on the Pistons, your telling me they suck? seriously? they would have made the playoffs with ease last season except half the roster got injured the entire season
30t6p3b.gif

The team has lots of talent, they will easily make the playoffs this year. SMH at the haters
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

You guys hating on the Pistons, your telling me they suck? seriously? they would have made the playoffs with ease last season except half the roster got injured the entire season
30t6p3b.gif

The team has lots of talent, they will easily make the playoffs this year. SMH at the haters
30t6p3b.gif
Yeah you're definitely Mateen Cleaves.

The Pistons don't have a cornerstone franchise player.

If Stuckey is your franchise player, you aren't going anywhere.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Naw he's not Mateen Cleaves.  Mateen Cleaves probably committed suicide when Tmac joined the Pistons.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Naw he's not Mateen Cleaves.  Mateen Cleaves probably committed suicide when Tmac joined the Pistons.

Updated: September 20, 2010, 5:44 PM ET[h1]Sources: Nuggets soften trade stance[/h1]
The Denver Nuggets' resistance to trading star forward Carmelo Anthony is fading away, according to sources with knowledge of Denver's thinking.

The Nuggets still aren't aggressively shopping Anthony and haven't withdrawn their longstanding offer of a contract extension, but numerous sources told ESPN.com that Denver officials have in recent days let other teams know for the first time that they will listen to pitches after previously resisting such discussions.

"I'm not sure how soon, but I do think they're going to trade him [between now and February]," said one rival GM.

1975.jpg

Anthony

Said another source briefed on Denver's plans: "There's no doubt they are working on it. Eventually they're going to pull the trigger."

Reports have persisted for weeks that Anthony, who can become a free agent at the end of the coming season, wants out.

ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reported Aug. 16 that it was "a matter of when, not if, Anthony and the Nuggets will go their separate ways," while CBSSports.com quoted "multiple sources" last week as saying that the 26-year-old "has not wavered in his desire to be dealt" and that the New Jersey Nets are making the hardest active pitch for Anthony.

Several league sources on Monday told ESPN.com that they believe the Nets have emerged as the front-runner to secure Anthony. Not only is Anthony willing to sign a contract extension with the Nets, sources say the club is willing to make an intriguing offer of Derrick Favors (the No. 3 pick in this year's draft), the expiring contracts of Troy Murphy and Kris Humphries and at least one future first-round pick to Denver to land Anthony.

A source close to the Nets told ESPN.com that he wasn't ready to concede that the Nets were the front-runners for Anthony's services, nor were they willing to confirm what the Nets would offer. However, the source did acknowledge that New Jersey was in serious consideration based on the Nuggets' reluctance to trade Anthony to a Western Conference team and the Nets' combination of expiring contracts, draft picks and a young player with serious upside.

A number of others teams including the Knicks, Bulls, Rockets, Clippers and Warriors have been pursuing Anthony as well. However, sources on several of those teams were pessimistic that they could match what the Nets have to offer.

"They've got what the Nuggets want," one general manager told ESPN.com. "We're trying to put a package together that matches what the Nets can offer, but it's tough."

Although Anthony has not made any such declarations publicly, it appears that Nuggets management is growing increasingly resigned to the fact that they won't be able to change their franchise player's mind.

One source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Anthony has been no more communicative with the organization since the hiring of Masai Ujiri as Denver's new vice president of basketball operations in late August than he was before Ujiri's return to the Nuggets. Ujiri began his front-office career as a Nuggets scout during Anthony's rookie season in 2003-04 and spoke optimistically about arranging a face-to-face meeting with Anthony -- which sources say has not yet taken place -- and trying to sell him on the team's plans for the future at his introductory press conference.

The Nuggets, during Ujiri's first two weeks in the office, consistently told teams calling to register trade interest in Anthony that they weren't ready to discuss the subject.

But the Nuggets, sources said, have relaxed that stance and are starting to explore how much they might be able to get in return for the high-scoring small forward. To agree to a deal, Denver would expect at least one top-flight young player it can market along with salary-cap relief and multiple future first-round picks.

Trading Anthony, however, is not as simple as merely seeking out the best deal or even recruiting a third team to help facilitate a trade, because of Anthony's ability to become a free agent in July. It's widely assumed in NBA front-office circles that any team trading for Anthony would expect him to commit to a contract extension as part of the deal -- as Kevin Garnett did when Minnesota sent him to Boston in the summer of 2007 -- which gives Anthony some measure of input into his trade destination.

Yet sources say that Denver, after watching LeBron James and Chris Bosh devastate Cleveland and Toronto, respectively, by bolting to Miami in July, is determined to avoid the same fate with Anthony and will ultimately work with him on a trade before the February trading deadline if the alternative is potentially losing him outright in free agency.

Ujiri, in particular, just lived through the Bosh saga as a member of Toronto's front office before taking the Nuggets' job.

By sidestepping questions about his future, Anthony has contributed to the mounting tension in Denver all summer while the Nuggets' three-year extension offer worth $65 million remains unsigned. Around the time of the draft in June, Nuggets officials were quietly optimistic that Anthony was about to sign.

The Nuggets' annual media day is Sept. 27, with training camp scheduled to open the following day.

Marc Stein and Chad Ford are senior NBA writers for ESPN.com.

Back
Top Bottom