* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by JDiddy

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

That might be a little overboard with the exaggeration on poor bball IQ now...lol. Injuries have been bad on him, but when healthy, he does offer a good dose of quick offense off the bench.

No I'm serious.. he's too fast for his own good. 
That is true. But he'll do some damage off the bench if he's healthy.

I get the white screen, but when you refresh your page, and the resend button appears, then you know your post was made because thats what causes all the double posts. If that screen doesnt appear, then tough luck
laugh.gif

During late nights, Yuku somehow unbugs itself. Maybe less amount of traffic?
laugh.gif

According to Marc J. Spears and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo!, AllenIverson is moving close to an agreement with the Turkish team Besiktason a one-year contract that could pay him around $2 million withbonuses.

"We are in very serious negotiations with [Besiktas],

What would Amare need to do to win MVP this season..

What record would the Knicks need, and what stats would he need?

Originally Posted by DubA169

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

what the hell is nike thinking?

I REALLY like these
laugh.gif
The color aint great but it shows me the shoe got potential...

According to Marc J. Spears and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo!, AllenIverson is moving close to an agreement with the Turkish team Besiktason a one-year contract that could pay him around $2 million withbonuses.

"We are in very serious negotiations with [Besiktas],

i'm convinced espn is doing everything they can to cause problems within the heat organization. they already have 2 different articles claiming that the city and team are lebron's.

also one article said that lebron being in miami right now creates a bigger buzz around the city than when pope john paul II visited miami in 1987. the POPE. this season is gonna bring about some funny journalism

i'm convinced espn is doing everything they can to cause problems within the heat organization. they already have 2 different articles claiming that the city and team are lebron's.

also one article said that lebron being in miami right now creates a bigger buzz around the city than when pope john paul II visited miami in 1987. the POPE. this season is gonna bring about some funny journalism

I was there
pimp.gif

[h1]Nuggets guard Smith displaying signs of progress[/h1]
Vows to improve and, yes, defend

By Chris Dempsey
The Denver Post

Posted: 10/10/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

J.R. Smith's focus and determination to improve his game have impressed coach George Karl. (Karl Gehring, The Denver Post )

If you think you've heard this story before, you probably have. It's the story of Nuggets guard J.R. Smith. A new-and-improved J.R. — a J.R. Smith who is running and jumping and shooting at a level that has his team salivating and fans clamoring to see exactly how good he can become.

Heard all of this before? Not quite. This time around there's more.

There is a buzz in the Nuggets' camp surrounding Smith's play this preseason that had never existed. An explosive, erratic, emotional player in past years, Smith is having the best training camp of his career. And there are indications that this new, refocused Smith plans to stay that way throughout the regular season.

"This year is the most I've ever been focused in camp," Smith said.

That mind-set was helped in part by an unexpected source, Louisville coach Rick Pitino, whom Smith originally committed to play for way back in his sophomore year of high school. He later backed out and committed to North Carolina but ended up skipping college altogether when it became apparent he would be a first-round NBA draft pick. New Orleans selected Smith No. 18 overall in the 2004 draft.

Years later another Smith, J.R.'s younger brother Chris, will suit up for Pitino. J.R.'s brother is a junior college transfer walk-on at Louisville this season. Chris Smith's presence on the team led J.R. to Kentucky for a month during the summer, and it was then that he and Pitino reconnected. The two played golf. They talked about Chris. They talked about basketball. They talked about life.

Pitino also put Smith through a series of grueling workouts, in group and one-on- one settings.

"He really surprised me. He actually shocked me with how hard he worked," Pitino said. "Normally the pro guys, they work hard but they go about it at their pace and not at my pace. The workout is very, very difficult. It's about 45 minutes long. And he worked as hard as any of my guys, and probably harder. It was very refreshing to see how much he got after it."

Smith worked on an array of moves — pull-up jumpers off the dribble, shooting off screens, ball handling, catch-and-shoot. And, yes, defense.

"He's such a big defensive guy, and he believes in guys being in tiptop shape," Smith said of Pitino. "So that definitely helped me. He definitely helped elevate my game."

Smith, 25, is perhaps the most tantalizing player on the Nuggets' roster. When he's going well, he's got the look of a keeper, a 6-foot-6 scoring machine from the wing with unlimited range and the ability to be a defensive pest. But poor decisions at times on the court, as well as off the court, have him entering the season without a guarantee

[h1]All Things Nuggets blog[/h1]
Benjamin Hochman and Chris Dempsey post analysis, notes, minutiae on this blog devoted to the Denver Nuggets.
of a contract beyond this year. If he doesn't sign an extension by Oct. 31, he'll be a free agent at season's end. His name has popped up in trade rumors since midsummer.
Smith said he's paid little attention to those rumors. Pitino added that Smith told him he definitely wants to stay in Denver. Pitino believes Smith has all-star potential.

"I tell you, just in an offensive workout, I haven't worked out too many guys better than him," Pitino said. "Obviously, I had Paul (Pierce) with the Celtics. (Smith) makes shots that other people can't make. With the shot clock winding down, being off-balance, he's a great shot-maker. But he also obviously has great size. I think he's an all-star caliber basketball player. That's his next step, to consistently be an all-star, because he definitely is an all-star talent."

Smith is looking to regain the form that nearly earned him the NBA's sixth man of the year award in the 2008-09 season. That season he averaged 15.2 points, 3.7 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game and finished second to Dallas guard Jason Terry.

And while last season his statistics were nearly identical (15.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.4 apg) to the previous season, his shooting percentages took a hit. Smith went from making 44.6 percent of his shots, including 39.7 from 3-point range in 2008-09, to 41.4 percent from the field and 33.8 percent from 3-point range a season ago.

The way he's started camp, however, has most everyone in the organization ready to see just how good he can become. "He seems like he's gotten more focused, more command of what I want," coach George Karl said three days into camp.

Teammates rave about Smith's progress.

"He's letting the game come to him," point guard Ty Lawson said. "Instead of bringing the ball up, he's getting on the wing and it's hard to guard him. He can shoot the ball, jab and do everything else. He's a complete player. When he gets the ball in his comfort zone, instead of already having his dribble down, he's catching it and he can do whatever he wants."

Smith is taking a diplomatic approach toward his play so far. Yes, he's encouraged by what he's been able to do offensively, but he's more concerned with . . . defense.

"I've taken the approach to where it's not so much about offense, it's about us getting better as a whole," Smith said. "And for us to get better as a whole, I have to get better at defense."

Chris Dempsey: 303-954-1279 or [email protected]

contract year ftw
nerd.gif

If the Rangers lose tomorrow, I might have to kill myself off of NikeTalk for awhile...

i don't like loud colors, guess i am just out of touch. the sneakers themselves i give around a 7. i don't understand how MJ had around 16 of the illest shoes ever seen but kobe and lebron combine for 3 nice ones

garnett's sneakers>

Excluding the colorway, I like the design overall except for the 360 degree air pocket. That's a bit much for me makes it look a bit tacky.

A standard colorway would work for me if I was in the market for a pair of playing shoes.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

what the hell is nike thinking?

those are dope. so long as no speckles
I have to cosign. I've been lurking the Nike basketball shoe threads hard for my next on-court shoe purchase and this might be it. I have to figure out how to get these without lining up and no reseller prices 
tired.gif
 We'll see. 

Back
Top Bottom