[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first step towards recovery is to get over Phil. HE IS NOT GOING TO COACH THE LAKERS. 

The situation with Pau can go three ways.

1. We trade him straight up for two decent players. 

2. We trade him and a few others or draft picks for a semi-star player. 

3. He gets packaged in a 3 team deal or some kind of bundle. 

I'm in favor of trading him for two decent players. 

You guys need to gut the team. Kobe stays but needs to take a paycut. Also, Pau is a valuable role player. Playing with Kobe is hard and not everyone can do it. The fact that Pau has and can still play with him at an all-star/near all-star level shouldn't be undervalued. Nash has to go. He's simply too old to excel. The PG position is extremely deep and too athletic for him to thrive now. Dwight needs out. He is a great player but LA isn't the right fit. Couple that with his immaturity and you have a disastrous situation like this this year. I think you make a sign and trade deal that sends Dwight, draft picks,  and Metta to Brooklyn for Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez and a bench guy (CJ Miles or Marshon Brooks). I think Mo Williams, who will be a FA would be a great pick up to fill Nash's void at the point.  I like Earl Clark and Jordan Hill and Blake as reserves but a defensive stopper and a player with scoring ability is a must add to the bench. I think you gotta go after Nick Young/Ben Gordon and Tony Allen/Deshawn Stevenson. Also D'Antoni gotta go too. He simply is not a championship level coach. Plain and Simple. I wish money wasn't an issue because if it was possible I'd love to see J.R. sign with you guys. He could help carry some of the scoring load until Kobe's back. But I doubt there'd be enough money to pick him up and I'm sure he wants to start. There's no way he could start once Vino is back.

this is stupid for me to say but would you like it if we get nate robinson? lol yeah I know, but he could score. watching him score here is crazy, and yes he does shoot a lot and dumb shots but he could help

I think we could get a better guard through a trade... Best place to improve through Free Agency is SG & SF... SF is much more of a need.

Despite Kobe being out for maybe a month or two.. Long-term (in sense of a season) is to get someone who will play.. A SF.

Last edited:
Last edited:
After having time to sit and reflect on the season I have come to terms to "what could have been" and "what it isn't."

Im pretty sure most of us, if not all of us were looking forward to this season after the acquisitions of Dwight and Nash. Just look at the poll that was on the Official season thread. I'm pretty sure most of the NBA was expecting this team to go all the way. Its just crazy how this season ended up, with us literally fighting the whole season to even get to .500 and stay above it. It was miraculous how we even made it to the 7th seed. Injuries was the biggest problem in the long line of problems this team had. This whole season, we couldn't stay healthy and dudes would drop down like flies. Dwight, Pau, Kobe, Nash, MWP, everyone on the team at one point or another has had to deal with something.

Kobe, I know he will be back, he fights harder and works harder than anyone in the NBA. I'm not trying to take away from other players, but thats just my opinion on the guy. I know this achilles injury won't keep him from fighting. Sure he will lose a some explosiveness and some vertical, but I would rather have Kobe than no Kobe at all. He will be back, I know it.

This season has been a season from hell, theres just no other way to put it. For the offseason, we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of questions to answer starting with Dwight. Will we keep him? I believe we do, I can't see him walking away from that $30 mil on the table. As for the rest of the guys like Pau and MWP. I think MWP will opt out, and resign for less money. For Pau, I really don't know, I think he is likely to be dealt for younger pieces. I really don't know what's going to happen at this point.

Dave McMenamin@mcten 2m

Pau is tearing up while talking about the standing ovation he got with 3 minutes remaining
Pau knows that was his last game in a Laker uniform.

Lakers have to get younger. This was an old team out there this year.

Dwight isn't walking away from 30 mil with all of those kids he has and adidas being in his ear regarding marketing. Just look at their role in Derrick Rose sitting out. This is going to be a long offseason for him because he's going to be reminded of the media that he quit.

They can't make a run at a player like Chris Paul, Josh Smith or Brandon Jennings so who else is out there that they can realistically bring in with Kobe's salary and presumably Dwight's on the books?

Last edited:
Laker hugs to all the faithfuls in this thread.

I expect many Lakers "fans" that were Kobe "stans" bounced on this team when he went out with the injury. For what I remember the longest, its always about the name in front of the jersey, not the back.

In Mitch, I trust.

However, I don't trust little Jimmy and his rustling he might be dishing out this off-season.

View media item 387041View media item 387042View media item 387043

I don't see us trading Pau for anything, really. If the point is to get out of Luxury tax, amnesty is best option. No team is gonna give us draft picks and absorb his contract. Any players that come back from Pau, are gonna have more than a year remaining on their contracts, otherwise we would just keep pau and let him expire.

Who's on your guys's offseason wish list??? 
Jarrett Jack.

I would trade Pau, Nash, Magic's statue, and Essential for Jack.
laugh.gif
 what

I wonder what flipped the switch for Jack. Before last season in NOH, he never looked this good...

sadly, I could actually see that being his value, with his age and contract; I doubt yall get much in return 
tired.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Pau is always appreciated to me. I will never forget the day he donned a Lakers jersey. Those were good times.

Anyone got a link to his interview?

at least we didn't lose by 30 or more pts like the past years we got eliminated from the playoffs :rolleyes

Jack murders us every time we play him.

Did it with Portlamd, New Orleans AND GS. Dude hates us or something.

I know Pau will probably be traded and I can't even be mad at the front office....I just have so many great memories of the guy.

I remember the moment I found out he was traded to the Lakers, and the IMMEDIATE impact he had. Him being a top 3 PF his first 3 Laker years and being great. I'll always have love for Pau, hope he can get us a decent piece or 2 this offseason. Kept waiting for him to get back to his old self, but those days are over.

Regardless Pau is appreciated

Earl saying he wants to be back is one thing.
Him actually staying is another.

He was speaking on emotion right now, but once things settle down everything becomes business.
He has kids and a lot of family to consider, and the truth is if he can get more money he probably will.

This has Ariza 2.0 written all over it.

It's unfortunate too, because if he does leave he'll fade into the oblivion just like Trevor did.

But there really isn't much we can offer.
It would shock me if he stayed, but i wouldn't complain. We'll see.

From Dave McMenamin:
The Lakers will conduct exit interviews Monday and Tuesday. Kobe's not on the schedule that was released ...

MONDAY

10:30 – Chris Duhon
10:45 – Metta World Peace
11:00 – Steve Nash
11:15 – Earl Clark
11:30 – Devin Ebanks
11:45 – Andrew Goudelock
12:00 – Robert Sacre
1:45 – Jodie Meeks
4:00 – Jordan Hill

TUESDAY

11:00 – Pau Gasol
11:30 – Darius Morris
12:00 – Dwight Howard
1:15 – Steve Blake
4:00 – Antawn Jamison

Mitch Kupchak will speak to the media Tuesday afternoon.

Kobe could be added, of course, but he has done his last couple exit interviews with Kupchak near his Newport Beach, Calif. home without doing media afterward.

Mitch is going to waste no time letting Duhon know he is being relieved of his services.
Bright and early first person in the morning :lol:

Earl saying he wants to be back is one thing.
Him actually staying is another.

He was speaking on emotion right now, but once things settle down everything becomes business.
He has kids and a lot of family to consider, and the truth is if he can get more money he probably will.

This has Ariza 2.0 written all over it.

It's unfortunate too, because if he does leave he'll fade into the oblivion just like Trevor did.

But there really isn't much we can offer.
It would shock me if he stayed, but i wouldn't complain. We'll see.

He said the same thing a couple of months ago when he first showed up on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom