OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

My girl copped these for me as an early Christmas gift. Don't see what the big fuss is about quality. These are on par with the 2011's nothing spectacular. Will pick up another pair once these hit the outlets :smokin

Go to 14:15 and listen it's real short.....14.20 is the lowkey bomb drop

View media item 2266409

Also go to 15.20 if u wanna see the real infrared and how it's really pink..most of yall heads know but some don't and down the 2014 and say it's not correct and is 2 pink looking

Last edited:
Take that with a grain of salt. Guy has a wonderful collection but there are many on this board who are more informed.

Last edited:
why the hell would they cancel the order? what reason could they possible give?

None was given, though I suspect the store was going to pick them up at didn't want to sell a pair purchased online at a significant discount. In the end it cost me under 5 dollars more than my original order, but I have my shipping confirmation for my pair at 169 shipped.

Last edited:

I like my pair of TB3's better than I like my pair of SJ XI's. Guess I got lucky with a good pair. 
Hey guys, first time in the thread and a first time AJ3 owner. Before I start talking I'd like to say that I'm not very knowledgable in the 3s.

I'm definitely disappointed on how JB executed the 3s. The cyber mondays costed $30 less and had better quality. I'm honestly thinking about this time around JB is taking advantage of all the hypebeasts and the holidays that's around the corner. When I got my TB's mine was fine IMO. I'm looking up a way to loosen up the leather, if I put oils on it or conditioner will that help?
So wait, TB III's are your first pair or cyber mondays? I'm confused if you are claiming TB III's are your first pair. Second, you can't compare TB III's to Cyber Mondays, two totally different shoes. Can't complain about TB III execution if you are only comparing it to one other shoe that came out in the same year. And these thought processes litter this forum and people run with it 
mean.gif

How do you determine flawless-ness with a single side profile view?
Midsole paint looks good.
Leather paint check
EP print like real good
And Ep cut on point too.
No glue or dark spots

From that side at least it checks out.I seen plenty of TB 3s in stores that couldn't even have a single good angle. I was shocked at how many are so messed up since the first pair I ordered on Nike was pretty much perfect.
Idk but this made me 
laugh.gif
. We checking for flawless pics now

So wait, TB III's are your first pair or cyber mondays? I'm confused if you are claiming TB III's are your first pair. Second, you can't compare TB III's to Cyber Mondays, two totally different shoes. Can't complain about TB III execution if you are only comparing it to one other shoe that came out in the same year. And these thought processes litter this forum and people run with it :smh: .

Idk but this made me :lol: . We checking for flawless pics now

Im just surprised when I see one that looks good and was bought this late. Most in stores right now only have returned pairs and don't even look DS. Plus so many have flaws. This would've been such a great release if the QC was on point.

So wait, TB III's are your first pair or cyber mondays? I'm confused if you are claiming TB III's are your first pair. Second, you can't compare TB III's to Cyber Mondays, two totally different shoes. Can't complain about TB III execution if you are only comparing it to one other shoe that came out in the same year. And these thought processes litter this forum and people run with it 
mean.gif

Idk but this made me 
laugh.gif
. We checking for flawless pics now
Im just surprised when I see one that looks good and was bought this late. Most in stores right now only have returned pairs and don't even look DS. Plus so many have flaws. This would've been such a great release if the QC was on point.
My thing is this, people cry so much about flaws and minute things for what they are paying. When I see that all over this board, all I do is laugh. Why? because quality hasn't been good in over a decade. Prime examples are Fire Red V's and sport blue VI's. The leather on those are awful off the bat, and I can compare that to my white and navy VI's, I don't see a lot of people posting who can draw that parallel between those shoes, or at least they are here and not posting.  I can tell who has been buying for a while vs. newer cats. Things really started getting bad around 05/06 in terms of quality materials and such. So now, I know what I'm paying for. It all boils down to, do you really want the shoe or not? I KNOW I'm not getting my money's worth, it's been like this over a decade plus. Hell, I wasn't getting my money's worth when I was buying at $160, $170, $180, $190, $200 and so on...so why cry foul now? Same flaws existed at each pricing point increment, it's just they are charging more and people want to be fugazi sneaker professors now 
laugh.gif
.  Everyone was so happy with the 88 Cements they overlooked the fact that the bottom said Jordan and not Nike. I know some mentioned it, but imagine if they were as available as these TB III's people would trash the shoe because of it, but since they weren't super GR, people copped and shut the hell up because of the "limited" status. My thought was, I will just wait until nike puts them back out in it's true OG form with the Nike on the bottom. It's just gotten more ridiculous with the picking and choosing of what to argue about on this board. But it's your money and preference, spend it how you will, but spare me the woe is me and the fake outrage while spending that $200, $220 plus tax release after release, you ain't fooling anybody.

LMAO, FNL is such a mess. On this very site I see ads showing the TB3 on sale for $189:

View media item 2266842
When I click the link, this is what shows up at FNL:
View media item 2266843
:rofl:

Saw this too but my friend saw them in store for $189. Walked into finishline today and sure enough, $189. Used a $20 reward too. Came out to $181 after tax. They look good too so I'll be shipping back my Ike pair.

So wait, TB III's are your first pair or cyber mondays? I'm confused if you are claiming TB III's are your first pair. Second, you can't compare TB III's to Cyber Mondays, two totally different shoes. Can't complain about TB III execution if you are only comparing it to one other shoe that came out in the same year. And these thought processes litter this forum and people run with it :smh: .

View media item 2265643 

View media item 2265644
View media item 2265646
Got my pair on December 2nd, but I decided to Unds them yesterday, from what I can observe, my leather got a tiny bit softer. And my pair has tiny flaws like, paint strokes. And there's a small line of glue between the EP and Outsole at the toebox. And it seems that the True Blues vary in leather quality. My left shoes leather is softer than the right (Lef

I'm comparing because TB 3s and Cyber Monday's ARE TWO different shoes but the same silhouette. How can the cyber mondays have higher quality than the TB3s but be $30 cheaper? To add onto that, I already knew what to expect on the TB 3s, but I Atleast wanted to it to have the same leather quality and/or same craftsmanship like the 3s had in the past, I still love the 3s. And the TB 3s are my first pair of AJ3s

Got my pair on December 2nd, but I decided to Unds them yesterday, from what I can observe, my leather got a tiny bit softer. And my pair has tiny flaws like, paint strokes. And there's a small line of glue between the EP and Outsole at the toebox. And it seems that the True Blues vary in leather quality. My left shoes leather is softer than the right (Lef
I'm comparing because TB 3s and Cyber Monday's ARE TWO different shoes but the same silhouette. How can the cyber mondays have higher quality than the TB3s but be $30 cheaper? To add onto that, I already knew what to expect on the TB 3s, but I Atleast wanted to it to have the same leather quality and/or same craftsmanship like the 3s had in the past, I still love the 3s. And the TB 3s are my first pair of AJ3s
1)  Paint strokes...glue stains...NOBODY is running up on you with a magnifying glass saying damn man, you got got paying for those. it's not a contest. They're going to eventually get dirty. Enjoy your shoes man. I mean, unless you bought these with the intention to try and sell these later to cover the cost of another shoe you want and complain about once you get it. Seems that's where we are these days. 

2) This is just part of buying mass produced shoes. I have pairs that have variations of tumbled leather, doesn't bother me. I'm not buying shoes hand crafted from the factory gods. It is what it is. ALL shoes vary in quality.

3) You do realize that different colorways of the same model shoe sometimes use varying materials, even if said shoe is released/retroed within the same calendar year, right? An example of this are the XI mids, Concords, SJ's, Cool Greys, Colombias, and Blk/Red's all have varying materials despite being the same model. IMO, I think it's cool because each cw is distinct. Cyber Mondays seem to be more on the LS order of shoes. They appear to have smooth leather and there is a lack of EP. I haven't held them in hand so I can't give futher details other than what I have seen in pics (so in that regard, I'm at a disadvantage) I think a better comparison of materials etc, would be to an 09 TB III or any comparable retro that used similar materials. Silhouette comparison ok, but it ends there in terms of two different cws of the same shoe.

4) If you know what to expect, then why are we here? You just complaining just to complain man.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to check my pair out. No EP chips and the EP print is the same height on the mudguard and heel. So I'm happy. 8)

1)  Paint strokes...glue stains...NOBODY is running up on you with a magnifying glass saying damn man, you got got paying for those. it's not a contest. They're going to eventually get dirty. Enjoy your shoes man. I mean, unless you bought these with the intention to try and sell these later to cover the cost of another shoe you want and complain about once you get it. Seems that's where we are these days. 

2) This is just part of buying mass produced shoes. I have pairs that have variations of tumbled leather, doesn't bother me. I'm not buying shoes hand crafted from the factory gods. It is what it is. ALL shoes vary in quality.

3) You do realize that different colorways of the same model shoe sometimes use varying materials, even if said shoe is released/retroed within the same calendar year, right? An example of this are the XI mids, Concords, SJ's, Cool Greys, Colombias, and Blk/Red's all have varying materials despite being the same model. IMO, I think it's cool because each cw is distinct. Cyber Mondays seem to be more on the LS order of shoes. They appear to have smooth leather and there is a lack of EP. I haven't held them in hand so I can't give futher details other than what I have seen in pics (so in that regard, I'm at a disadvantage) I think a better comparison of materials etc, would be to an 09 TB III or any comparable retro that used similar materials. Silhouette comparison ok, but it ends there in terms of two different cws of the same shoe.

4) If you know what to expect, then why are we here? You just complaining just to complain man.

I'm not complaining, and I just wore them yesterday (caught you on the email trying to insult me on what I said about them getting softer, but won't get at you because you read the first part). Like I said I was just stating the differences in my shoes like others are, no need to attack me and not them. End of discussion it's not an argument this is child's play. Besides the fact in leather differentiation it's the same way with my other pair of Jordan's also.

I'm pretty sure he's complaining because it's a forum lol

They need to stop playing and mark these down to the $110 range. Accept the fact they were a flop and just liquidate stock

Back
Top Bottom