OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

my 01 soles didnt crumble. shoe just fell apart on me when i started using them as beaters. they lasted like 13yrs. take that over cracked paint anyday

Same here. Miss the old days when the soles were dyed instead of being paint brushed.

My 2001's were like tanks, only problem I had to worry about was the cracked heel tabs.

Why do we have to pick between cracking paint or rotten midsoles?  I'm not a chemist, but there's gotta be a way where they can make these so the paint doesnt chip and the midsoles dont crumble, right?

I always kinda assumed it was a planned obsolescence thing like Apple does with the iPhone or iPads, not a matter of the technology not existing to eliminate cracking paint and crumbling midsoles.  They don't want us to have the same pair for 20+ years.  They want us to buy a pair everytime they come out because our old pairs arent as fresh.

Why do we have to pick between cracking paint or rotten midsoles?  I'm not a chemist, but there's gotta be a way where they can make these so the paint doesnt chip and the midsoles dont crumble, right?

I always kinda assumed it was a planned obsolescence thing like Apple does with the iPhone or iPads, not a matter of the technology not existing to eliminate cracking paint and crumbling midsoles.  They don't want us to have the same pair for 20+ years.  They want us to buy a pair everytime they come out because our old pairs arent as fresh.

You answered your own question. I'm sure Jordan himself has a closet of 5s, 6s, and 11s that don't yellow :lol:

They should just use the paint they used on the 2012 white cements. Apparently those didn't peel at all
They do peel, especially the white bit. The 2000 5's and 6's just started to fall apart, and Cool Grey 4's are only now starting to show their age, 12 Years later. My 2010 6's felt like cardboard (hint: they actually had cardboard in them) while the 2K pair had a nice and soft-ish midsole when I had them around. Something in the middle would be welcome, because I have heard of the old PU midsoles crumbling within 6 years in very humid places.

Last edited:

It is planned obsolescence. If you look at the actual soles on most sneakers they are really thin. Even as a kid back in the '90s I could see this. Apart from some rubber sole shoes, the majority of them are not made to last. If you wear the same pair of Jordans everyday the sole would get completely worn down while the upper would still be in good condition. This might have to do with the air/zoom units occupying lots of space, but still they just aren't made to last.

Picture of the upcoming rumored Kobe x Jordan pack

Only bringing this up because there's a fairly decent chance they're using the same 3 mold for the True Blues, minus the jumpman tab and jordan outsole. I'd be cool with this personally.

Basically. If they have a perfect retro what's the need for consumers to continue to buy the next? Its the reality of today. They can make great quality cars, electronics, appliances etc. but more money is to be made when they continue to break down.

Picture of the upcoming rumored Kobe x Jordan pack

View media item 1942056

Only bringing this up because there's a fairly decent chance they're using the same 3 mold for the True Blues, minus the jumpman tab and jordan outsole. I'd be cool with this personally.
I'm fine with that, don't like the thin elephant on the OG print

All this talk about elephant print but few ppl know that the og 2s feature iguana print. IJS

Last edited:
All this talk about elephant print but few ppl know that the og 2s feature iguana print. IJS

Outta all the shoes that deserve a proper retro, an OG 2 would be deeply appreciated. I know it's looked over with all the OG 1, 3-6 hype. I know some don't care about boxes, but that black, white, and grey wings box would look so hard along with a proper Wht/Blk/Red 2. Which we haven't had since 94.

^^^ Pretty much yeah.

An OG 2 is WAY long overdue.
Once they get that Italian leather on there.........then that time will come our way
pimp.gif

Once they get that Italian leather on there.........then that time will come our way :pimp:

^^^^^

This.

The only 2 that ever mattered, IMO.

They might cost $300 with Italian leather though. I'm sure true OG heads won't mind paying it, if the retro is indeed proper.

Any word y'all on when that pack is releasing?

Outta all the shoes that deserve a proper retro, an OG 2 would be deeply appreciated. I know it's looked over with all the OG 1, 3-6 hype. I know some don't care about boxes, but that black, white, and grey wings box would look so hard along with a proper Wht/Blk/Red 2. Which we haven't had since 94.

Rep'd for the wings box... We really need a proper retro..

the wing it pair is proof that they can get it right theyre just trolling as usual.

Dino alluded to a shoe coming out with Italian leather a few weeks back. This was also the day he confirmed that another shoe from Space Jam is dropping besides the 11s and the 9s. Hmmm...

^^^^^

This.

The only 2 that ever mattered, IMO.

They might cost $300 with Italian leather though. I'm sure true OG heads won't mind paying it, if the retro is indeed proper.

Any word y'all on when that pack is releasing?

I may get flack for this, but the italian leather on the OG 2s is overrated. I had a pair of the 1986 white and red 2s a few years ago i got for cheap and the leather was basically what we got on the Chicago and UNC 1s. I have Saint Laurents made in Italy and the leather isnt as buttery as you would expect

Tbh they can use synthetic leather and I'm not trippin as long as it's a decent grade and the shape/aesthetics are on point that's all I care about.

I have Saint Laurents made in Italy and the leather isnt as buttery as you would expect

This is why I haven't bought any SLP for a couple years. The leather doesn't really crease much and holds up well from abuse but is far from comfortable.

Seems like people are ready for the white/red 2s. IM SO READYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom