OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

All the original AJ III colorways had the red lined tongue with the red lace holes up front which was a way to keep a consistent design language on all four. Dudes all want the OGs, but now complain that they're giving us the OG colorways?  I agree that the blue needs to be lighter, but whining about not be exactly like the original is ridiculous. Nothing's ever like the original.  You just gotta accept that Nike and JB is all about making $$$ not pleasing the purists.

View media item 2125327

at the end of the day, if they don't come out looking like the pics above, then they aren't true to the og and shouldn't be classified as remastered. 88s being the exception. NONE of the true blues, including '01s, have been close to the OGs. ALL aspects make a difference in this matter, including shade of blue, height, shape, and especially the elephant print cut/height and shade. i'm noticing many ppl trying to make light of the elephant issue, but imo that is a MAJOR detail aesthetically and when talking about true to OG.

at present time, i'm not very excited about how these true blues are turning out. imo, they don't even look like '11s, they look like '09s with NA and bright red tongue liner. :smh:

Last edited:
Someone school me on the "Korea Bordeaux"...?

I'm behind on that.
check the thread, there's a posted pair. remember how everyone was like OH IT'S NOT OG CUZ THE GREEN IS DARKER.
well the other ogs actually were that olive green for whatever reason. so JB did it right

at the end of the day, if they don't come out looking like the pics above, then they aren't true to the og and shouldn't be classified as remastered. 88s being the exception. NONE of the true blues, including '01s, have been close to the OGs. ALL aspects make a difference in this matter, including shade of blue, height, shape, and especially the elephant print cut/height and shade. i'm noticing many ppl trying to make light of the elephant issue, but imo that is a MAJOR detail aesthetically and when talking about true to OG.

at present time, i'm not very excited about how these true blues are turning out. imo, they don't even look like '11s, they look like '09s with NA and bright red tongue liner.
mean.gif
Not sure how familiar you are with the manufacturing and production of products. There's no way the bean counters at Nike will justify them spending additional costs on revamping all the molds, templates, etc. to appease a very small percentage of buyers who reminisce about things being exactly how they used to be. It just doesn't make economic sense for them when these  will invariably sell out regardless. 

Believe me, I'd love for them to make them exactly like the OGs. It's not going to happen. Updating colors and materials is something I can see them doing, but dumping the molds that they've been using for the past decade+ and getting all their factories to comply....nope.  People hear them using this "remastered" term thinking its their efforts to make them just like the originals. It's not, it's a ploy to sell more shoes.

at present time, i'm not very excited about how these true blues are turning out. imo, they don't even look like '11s, they look like '09s with NA and bright red tongue liner. :smh:

Not sure how familiar you are with the manufacturing and production of products. There's no way the bean counters at Nike will justify them spending additional costs on revamping all the molds, templates, etc. to appease a very small percentage of buyers who reminisce about things being exactly how they used to be. It just doesn't make economic sense for them when these  will invariably sell out regardless. 

Believe me, I'd love for them to make them exactly like the OGs. It's not going to happen. Updating colors and materials is something I can see them doing, but dumping the molds that they've been using for the past decade+ and getting all their factories to comply....nope.  People hear them using this "remastered" term thinking its their efforts to make them just like the originals. It's not, it's a ploy to sell more shoes.
Who hurt you, b?

If the colors are fixed and the elephant print is thin I'll cop but if not oh well! Not stressing it...237 saved and that regis..is my final answer!

I will say, the red tongue showing from the front throws the shoe off a little bit, but thats how it is on all recent OG III colorways, so ill get used to it. What I dont like and am worried about is the tan looking elephant print. I know these are not official pics, but chickenwops pics have been almost spot on here recently.

This was exactly what I was trying to say it's more than just the color it's damner every aspect

soleaddict33 soleaddict33

i get what ur saying. to that point i can deal with the 88s shape, but they don't have to change the molds t get the color, tongue and EL cut and shade correct.

The extra red lining on the tongue and the really high elephant print makes them look weird, def not OG

Last edited:
That tongue is terrible .. I'm sorry. This is top 5 shoe all time imo and this is a damn travesty!

Saw the same pictures from another seller last night, looked the same but thought everyone was still gonna say they looked like ****

Looks tiny bit better but still garbage like quality. Assuming those are updated fakes or something

They're still fakes but they look better. Remember the metallic 5s had like 4 dif fake variations

The blue is looking better there. I've come to accept that the elephant print is probably always going to be a little too thick now. If the color is like this, I'll cop. If it's navy blue like the other fakes, I won't.

They still fake
But it's getting better
Toebox looked slicker
Blue seems better too

Will wait for IceyHeatSole

The blue is looking better there. I've come to accept that the elephant print is probably always going to be a little too thick now. If the color is like this, I'll cop. If it's navy blue like the other fakes, I won't.
I agree, Very happy the Blue is on point, I can live with everything else. Not sure why they can't hide the red on the tongue like the OG's though. The red showing on the front does through off the look of the shoe , but will still buy. I have come to accept and actually like the EP instead of that little skinny strip on OG's. The color was my biggest concern. It looks like they are going in the right direction.

Waits for pinoe77 to cape for 2muchsol

Isn't dude a member on here too? :nerd: :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom