Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

any good movies on the European Colonization?
the last king of scotland

Suggestions I found:

The Mission (1986) http://imdb.com/title/tt0091530/  about the Portuges in colonial Brazil/South America ca. 1700.

Out of Africa (1985) http://imdb.com/title/tt0089755/  about 20th century Europeans (Danish and Dutch) in Africa

Gandhi (1982) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083987/  about Gandhi and the end of British imperialism in India/formation of Pakistan.

The Color Purple (1985) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088939/  
Most of the movie takes place in Georgia, but the parts with Celie's sister Nettie take place with an African tribe that is being destroyed by European imperialists.

Cry the Beloved Country (1995- remake of a much older movie)http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112749/  is about Apartheid in South Africa, which was completely a result of Dutch imperialism.

Also I still don't see the hype of the Bats / Supes film.

Superman sucks for starters and following TDKR would be stupid because they've never established their relationship in any of the films. If they just started fighting each other randomly, they'd both come off as massive jerks. Warner Bros. need to chill and learn how to make a decent Superman flick before they try to create a crossover film

threw on shawshank. them feels guys, them feels.
Check out Cast Away. 

It's kind of similar to shawshank. There's not a lot of dialogue.

Without spoiling anything; you should like the ending.

But that depends on whether you liked how shawshank ended.

Just got through watching Spring Breakers and I'm not sure what to think of it 0]
I most certainly did not like it.
I however liked:

Vanessa Hudgens being BAD and..
LOVED
Selena Gomez's role.

Wish she had more play time

I felt super uncomfortable when

James Franco kept touching her .

and :rofl: at James's "AYO!" part.
:lol:

The ending is beyond powerful. No lie, I almost shed a tear of joy the first time I saw it.

Debating on watching another movie tonight now.

Last edited:
Check out Cast Away. 

It's kind of similar to shawshank. There's not a lot of dialogue.

Without spoiling anything; you should like the ending.

But that depends on whether you liked how shawshank ended.
ive seen cast away. great movie as well. wilson b, wilson
frown.gif

Superman sucks for starters and following TDKR would be stupid because they've never established their relationship in any of the films. If they just started fighting each other randomly, they'd both come off as massive jerks. Warner Bros. need to chill and learn how to make a decent Superman flick before they try to create a crossover film

Unreal. :smh:

just finished orange is the new black. show is legit. despite a few cheesy spots

never knew how much that girl from that 70's show looks like a dude

:lol: what in my assessment seemed unreal to you?

I still don't see the hype of the Bats / Supes film.

Superman sucks for starters

following TDKR would be stupid because they've never established their relationship in any of the films

If they just started fighting each other randomly, they'd both come off as massive jerks

Warner Bros. need to chill and learn how to make a decent Superman flick before they try to create a crossover film

All of that, unreal.

You don't see the hype, for a movie that fans have been talking about, wishing for, for decades? Now it's coming, and you don't see the hype?

I assumed you meant MOS sucked, which is whatever, that's your opinion, but plenty disagree with you, including me.

Never established a relationship..............WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS MOVIE WILL DO!!!!!!!!?????????????? THAT'S THE IDEA, to establish a relationship. To connect the dots, like the Wayne Enterprises satelite in the sky that was destroyed in MOS.

Yes, the movie will begin with Superman and Batman trading haymakers. That was my first thought as well.......... :smh:
You can introduce two characters in a movie without just having them fight during the opening credits, I've seen movies pull it off before. I mean, how on earth can we introduce Joker into The Dark Knight, how will this ever work out on film??????

Warner Bros just made the best Superman film that's ever been made. (6th attempt at one) I'm positive they're ready to move on. And now they will be adding a very key individual into Supes world. After fighting Zod, it would be fairly hard to get a mainstream advesary to match what Zod could do. Lex Luther is a genius, but he isn't trading gloves with Supes, Batman will be able to come up with some ways, not to mention whatever villian (likely Lex as well) are involved.

So yes, all that nonsense you typed was unreal. I get you don't like MOS, but your reasoning for being down on this announcement needs a lot of work.

I still don't see the hype of the Bats / Supes film.

Superman sucks for starters

following TDKR would be stupid because they've never established their relationship in any of the films

If they just started fighting each other randomly, they'd both come off as massive jerks

Warner Bros. need to chill and learn how to make a decent Superman flick before they try to create a crossover film

All of that, unreal.

You don't see the hype, for a movie that fans have been talking about, wishing for, for decades? Now it's coming, and you don't see the hype?

I assumed you meant MOS sucked, which is whatever, that's your opinion, but plenty disagree with you, including me.

Never established a relationship..............WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS MOVIE WILL DO!!!!!!!!?????????????? THAT'S THE IDEA, to establish a relationship. To connect the dots, like the Wayne Enterprises satelite in the sky that was destroyed in MOS.

Yes, the movie will begin with Superman and Batman trading haymakers. That was my first thought as well.......... :smh:
You can introduce two characters in a movie without just having them fight during the opening credits, I've seen movies pull it off before. I mean, how on earth can we introduce Joker into The Dark Knight, how will this ever work out on film??????

Warner Bros just made the best Superman film that's ever been made. (6th attempt at one) I'm positive they're ready to move on. And now they will be adding a very key individual into Supes world. After fighting Zod, it would be fairly hard to get a mainstream advesary to match what Zod could do. Lex Luther is a genius, but he isn't trading gloves with Supes, Batman will be able to come up with some ways, not to mention whatever villian (likely Lex as well) are involved.

So yes, all that nonsense you typed was unreal. I get you don't like MOS, but your reasoning for being down on this announcement needs a lot of work.

I've said it before on this board that I DO NOT like Superman at all. I feel like no matter what WB does with him, it will never work. Don't get me started on him fighting Batman, because no matter how many literary devices or deus ex machina the writer throws in, that story will always be stupid.

I could understand the hype if the film was going to be great and did justice to both characters, but I feel like WB is desperate for a hit and mimicking Marvel isn't the right way to go about it. Throwing Bats into a Superman movie is NOT going to help at this point. Instead of establishing two great characters (regardless of my personal feelings on Supes, I still think fans deserve a good film series and most fans liked MOS so I can't say much about that) they're gonna chuck them together straight away and ruin everything that they're trying to build towards! Where's the logic in that?

Maybe if they forced Nolan to throw in some subtle touches in the Dark Knight Trilogy (was Metropolis ever mentioned at all???), it would seem more expected, but at this stage I foresee A LOT of problems. Number one on the list is who will play Batman? If they can't get Bale back then they've messed it up from the get go. If they go a different route and completely ignore the Nolan trilogy, then that's an even worse idea.

In closing, I do want them to succeed, because competition between them and Marvel will help both parties out.

I think they need to chill and build their film universe up just a little bit more before they go all in though, otherwise in 5 to 10 years time they'll be starting the whole process again :smh: If they didn't completely screw the pooch on Green Lantern then things might've been different, now they're just putting all their eggs in one basket and the basket's about to hit the ground.

I definitely don't feel like arguing about this, especially on an internet message board :lol:., so let's agree to disagree if we both have nothing else to say about the matter :smokin

Back
Top Bottom