Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The Spectacular Now starring Shailene Woodley & Miles Teller was a good coming of age flick also...

I'm really stoked about seeing Teller in Whiplash. Heard lots of great things about the flick. Looking forward to seeing a trailer for it come out soon. He's rumored to be playing John Belushi in a bio pic too...

Just finished watching this and it was a great film. So many feels all throughout.

I feel like my emotions were toyed with by the ending. You can't just end the film right there without them saying a word. Did they rekindle? Did she curse him out? I'm sure she just hugged him and forgave him again but I would have enjoyed seeing it rather than having to infer it

Man in real life, she probably would give him a side eye and tell him how she got loose during Orientation Week trying to forget him. :lol:

I
The Spectacular Now starring Shailene Woodley & Miles Teller was a good coming of age flick also...

Just finished watching this and it was a great film. So many feels all throughout.

I feel like my emotions were toyed with by the ending. You can't just end the film right there without them saying a word. Did they rekindle? Did she curse him out? I'm sure she just hugged him and forgave him again but I would have enjoyed seeing it rather than having to infer it

Man in real life, she probably would give him a side eye and tell him how she got loose during Orientation Week trying to forget him. :lol:

My wife & I didn't mind the open ending. We thought it was tastefully done. Viewers could end it however they wanted to. We chose to end it by him getting back with her...

That scene though when ol' girl got hit by the car had my wife & I like whoa...

Repped when my reps reset ^

I just watched Blind Fury with Rutger Hauer and John Locke! That film was terrible :rofl:

Last edited:
^ Linklater's flick looks interesting. It's funny, when the kid's mother (Patricia Arquette) asked if he'd been drinking, he made a face just like Mitch from Dazed & Confused... Repped as always venom lyrix venom lyrix .

Last edited:
It's going to be a film that's impossible to ignore. It's truly a visionary tale.

To have the patience and vision for a film like that takes serious balls. I'm glad Linklater made it happen. It truly looks amazing. I think we can chalk up a screenplay nomination at the very least.

I can already tell I'm going to love Boyhood

It's an incredibly bold and clever idea in the first place.. then you add Linklater to it and it could be really special

I didnt know A Haunted House did 60 mill on a 2.5 million budget. Marlon Wayans is making a killing as a writer and producer of the films.

The sequel is off to a hot start as well. Props to that dude

I didnt know A Haunted House did 60 mill on a 2.5 million budget. Marlon Wayans is making a killing as a writer and producer of the films.

The sequel is off to a hot start as well. Props to that dude

I'm not a huge fan of the parody genre but those movies make a killing relative to their budget. Can't knock the hustle

I'm watching out of time...watching Denzel made me see what 'good' acting is. Idk if its him or if he's just that good, but he makes you 'feel' like you're watching something actually happen..for that split second it becomes real. There's not many people that do that, a lot of people just make you believe the fantasy, but few actors make the fantasy a reality.

I get it, I've seen a 'ridiculous' amount of movies, I've been told; these aren't necessarily my favorite actors, but I think they are great actors that, at least for a second, made me believe the fantasy was a reality; they weren't acting, they were just that character in that situation

Tom Hanks
Leo
Denzel
Robin Wright (**** Jenny, see Tom Hanks)
Pacino
Brando
Dustin Hoffman
Brad Pitt
Liz Taylor
Edward Norton
Johnny Depp
Phillip Seymore Hoffman
Pryor
Whoopi Goldberg
Bill Murray
Daniel Day Lewis
Audrey Hepburn
Gregory Peck
Meryl Streep

Tv
Martin Lawrence
Seinfeld
Julia Louis Dreyfus

Idk short list, doesn't mean other actors are bad, hell I'd even choose an Eddie Murphy movie over a Leo x Denzel movie without hesitation or reservation; but theseactors have turned in performances where for a second I believed it was really happening to that person.

Watched That Awkward Moment tonight....

Initially, when the trailer came out forever ago, I thought it could be a fun film. I know it got bombed by critics, but it had 4 strong leads.

But this film while had a few good laughs, is such a waste of talent and such a color-by-numbers story. I mean it honestly offers NOTHING new to the rom com genre...it's a film we have seen 10000 times before. Beyond predictable.

Teller and Jordan really wasted their time...

Just finished watching The Way Way Back. I liked it alot.. Just not the actor playing the main character. He was almost TOO awkward.

I would have liked to see the kid who played the main character in Perks of a wallflower playing the main role in this instead.

Last edited:
Yo for everybody that loved Nathan For You you gotta check out Review on comedy central :rofl:

It is hilarious! From getting a divorce to reviewing having sex with a celeb. Son out here having a smash off with Rafi then a **** off in an orgy :lol:

I don't know when was the last time I laughed so much to tears about a damn poop joke, from the underwear dry cleaning delivery to the bag of **** and what follows then to the **** explosion :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: TEARS

"There-all-is-aching" :rofl:

CC hit gold again with another one. The finale is next week Thurs but you can catch up on demand or on their site.

Yo for everybody that loved Nathan For You you gotta check out Review on comedy central
roll.gif

It is hilarious! From getting a divorce to reviewing having sex with a celeb. Son out here having a smash off with Rafi then a **** off in an orgy
laugh.gif

I don't know when was the last time I laughed so much to tears about a damn poop joke, from the underwear dry cleaning delivery to the bag of **** and what follows then to the **** explosion
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
TEARS

"There-all-is-aching"
roll.gif

CC hit gold again with another one. The finale is next week Thurs but you can catch up on demand or on their site.
Better yet, CC put all of the episodes up on their YouTube channel.

Just watched The Internship, this movie is really good to me.

That Indian girl is really doing it for me too lawd

Misfits Season 1 is ******* amazing.

The storylines were very well. I want to see another network do the same

I can already tell I'm going to love Boyhood

It's an incredibly bold and clever idea in the first place.. then you add Linklater to it and it could be really special

Yeah, I'm really intrigued based off the trailer. That's as deep as character development you can get.

Just watched The Internship, this movie is really good to me.

That Indian girl is really doing it for me too lawd

I didn't hate it, but I did find it funny at times. I guess I'm a fan of Vince Vaughn's shtick; he's good for a few memorable quotes.

What are your guys' strategies to giving up on movies?

Right now I'm about to give up on man of steel and world war z.

Back
Top Bottom