Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Bradley Cooper's not really in GotG though :lol: When I think of the movie he isn't even really the main or big draw. I guess he's the biggest name attached to this but aint like dude is that revered.

Voice acting has to be such a great gig. If I was an actor and not that good at it, I'd honestly just do a couple movies to get my name out there and just live in that cgi/animated character corner and make bank. Living in studios alone, repeating lines.
As someone who has done Voiceover work trust me voice actors are really talented its harder to book voice work then on-screen I know from experience [emoji]128514[/emoji]

As someone who has done Voiceover work trust me voice actors are really talented its harder to book voice work then on-screen I know from experience [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Have you ever done VO work?

I get the feeling that Guardians of the Galaxy is going to flop.

Just watched the Grand Budapest Hotel.

5/5

The colors in that movie were a pleasure to look at.

This movie was hilarious in ways that didn't seem intentional, but most likely were.

Again the colors were a delight.

Just look at the hotel,

The-Grand-Budapest-Hotel-Still.jpg

Pretty much how I felt, the cinematography was so good in that movie.. as is the case with most Anderson flicks.

Have you ever done VO work?

I get the feeling that Guardians of the Galaxy is going to flop.
yeah I've done a couple commercials & what's called "scraps" when you record lines for a movie so that the animators a have something to animate to "they replace you're voice with the celebrity later" it's a fun gig but they don't always pay aswell usually you just get the minimum sag rate

Grand Budapest better win something come awards season. Still the best film I've seen this year.

Caught 22 Jumpstreet lastnight. Loved it, will watch again. It was self aware in a Mel Brooks way, which always gets good marks from me. The jokes hit, Ice Cube was hilarious. It kept you guessing. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are on the cusp of being legit stars, not just 'the Superbad kid' or 'the money mike guy' but legit stars.

That's the biggest concern. Wouldn't mind knowing release dates if the last ten winners. To see if when a movie is released affects it's award chances.

86th academy awards. Aired March 2nd, 12 Years dropped November 8.
85th academy awards. Aired February 24. Argo dropped October 12.
84th academy awards. Aired February 26. The Artist dropped November 23.
83rd academy awards. Aired February 27. The Kings Speech dropped September 6.
82nd academy awards. Aired March 7. The Hurt Locker dropped June 26th.

4/5 films from the last 5 years. You need that late 3rd quarter, early 4th quarter drop.

Last edited:

4/5 films from the last 5 years. You need that late 3rd quarter, early 4th quarter drop.

What's up then, I'm pushing for Grand Budapest to re-release in Nov. I'd hate to see a good movie lose because of release logistics.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind came out March 19, 2004 and won best original screenplay.

I think when something's not just good, but different and singular enough, people will remember.

....maybe. :lol:

I watched A Million Ways to Die in the West... this movie is straight up ***.  the jokes were sooooo hacky it was unbelieveable

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind came out March 19, 2004 and won best original screenplay.

I think when something's not just good, but different and singular enough, people will remember.

....maybe.
laugh.gif
Grand Budapest has that is in spades. I mean, it's like the rest of his films, but...different. I'm not saying it needs to win, but some damn nominations are in order. Best Screenplay, Lead Actor, Supporting Actor, Cinematography, Costume design...I never depend on the academy to do things right, but I'll be damned if they don't get nominated for something.

What's up then, I'm pushing for Grand Budapest to re-release in Nov. I'd hate to see a good movie lose because of release logistics.

Above all else, I just hope Fiennes gets nominated for his performance in GBH. He was brilliant.

*obligatory Lego Movie appreciation post, after picking it up yesterday and rewatching it w/ son and gf, and laughing hysterically again*

laugh.gif

"Just... act like a cowboy."

"Howdy, y'all! I'm a cowboy! Bang, bang, shoot, shoot, pow, pow."

*all Legos stop and stare*

"Nevermind. Just don't say a word."

roll.gif

Grand Budapest has that is in spades. I mean, it's like the rest of his films, but...different. I'm not saying it needs to win, but some damn nominations are in order. Best Screenplay, Lead Actor, Supporting Actor, Cinematography, Costume design...I never depend on the academy to do things right, but I'll be damned if they don't get nominated for something.
Agreed. I'm a bit of Wes Anderson newb and did not expect GBH to be as funny as it was. Ralph Fiennes was awesome.

Obscure Kevin recommendation: The Dirties.

Indie black comedy mockumentary about high school violence. It surprised me. Original, smart, funny, chilling, real. I caught it on some Showtime channel, and there are plenty of airings scheduled in the next two weeks. Quick, powerful/entertaining watch. Give it a record.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom