Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

For my next pick...i select the steal of the draft, cannot believe it lasted this long:
up-in-the-air-poster.jpg

I freakin LOVED this movie, I was such a great balance of emotion, humor, and reality all in one without ever becoming cliche or corny.

4db35e0de5d0c52fc7030ab7e7a7ca35a4af841_r.gif

utility please 
happy.gif

For my next pick...i select the steal of the draft, cannot believe it lasted this long:
up-in-the-air-poster.jpg

I freakin LOVED this movie, I was such a great balance of emotion, humor, and reality all in one without ever becoming cliche or corny.

utility please 
happy.gif

Up In The Air was actually on my Utility wish list. I love Jason Reitman's work.
BTW, I can't believe that Total Recall is getting a reboot. No one is going to replace how incredibly hot Sharon Stone was in the original.

Up In The Air was actually on my Utility wish list. I love Jason Reitman's work.
BTW, I can't believe that Total Recall is getting a reboot. No one is going to replace how incredibly hot Sharon Stone was in the original.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Neither can I. That movie will fail. Even if Farrel and Cranston are in it, I see no way the writing is good enough to make it a justifiable remake.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Neither can I. That movie will fail. Even if Farrel and Cranston are in it, I see no way the writing is good enough to make it a justifiable remake.

I tried reading Up in the Air, but I got put off by the 2nd person POV. Maybe I'll just watch the movie.

Anyway, with my last two picks of the 2000-2010 Niketalk Cinema Draft, I am selecting two beautifully made independent films that define art:

Spoiler [+]
Tarsem Singh's epic - The Fall
And my favorite James Franco movie of all time about my favorite poet of all time - Howl

Both will be slotted as Utilities.

Highly recommend y'all check both of those flicks out if you already haven't.

I tried reading Up in the Air, but I got put off by the 2nd person POV. Maybe I'll just watch the movie.

Anyway, with my last two picks of the 2000-2010 Niketalk Cinema Draft, I am selecting two beautifully made independent films that define art:

Spoiler [+]
Tarsem Singh's epic - The Fall
And my favorite James Franco movie of all time about my favorite poet of all time - Howl

Both will be slotted as Utilities.

Highly recommend y'all check both of those flicks out if you already haven't.

That movie failed for me the second the 'weapon' was the Bible
30t6p3b.gif
I mean, it's a good story and Denzel put in his usual great performance, Oldman with his over-the-top-ness was awesome as usual, but a bible? Come on. At least make it some sort of weapon stockpile location or something dangerous to humanity. Protecting the bible like it's the only hope for humanity
eyes.gif

Still was a good movie overall, though.

That movie failed for me the second the 'weapon' was the Bible
30t6p3b.gif
I mean, it's a good story and Denzel put in his usual great performance, Oldman with his over-the-top-ness was awesome as usual, but a bible? Come on. At least make it some sort of weapon stockpile location or something dangerous to humanity. Protecting the bible like it's the only hope for humanity
eyes.gif

Still was a good movie overall, though.

Dude picks Book of Eli and yall start posting in the future. I
nerd.gif
yall.
Book was a good flick though, I liked Vera Farmiga's ******* Up In The Air too.

Is Howl kinda like Factotum?

Dude picks Book of Eli and yall start posting in the future. I
nerd.gif
yall.
Book was a good flick though, I liked Vera Farmiga's ******* Up In The Air too.

Is Howl kinda like Factotum?

I loved it, I found the message in the film so powerful, and I'm not even a little bit religious, just a great story. Plus I love Denzel, Mila and Oldman.

For my last pick...here is my western...

The Legend of Zorro

I loved it, I found the message in the film so powerful, and I'm not even a little bit religious, just a great story. Plus I love Denzel, Mila and Oldman.

For my last pick...here is my western...

The Legend of Zorro

I've never seen Factotum, but from reading the description I don't think so. The entire film is essentially broken up in 4 parts:

James Franco reading Howl, which is accompanied by an animation sequence (some people hated it, but I really loved it)
James Franco being interviewed about his (Ginsberg) influences, personal life, stuff about the poem etc.
James Franco enacting some of the aforementioned stuff
The obscenity trial that resulted from the poem's publication

It's a bit artsy, but a really awesome film and James Franco did an unbelievable job in it; dare I say a better performance than 127 Hours?

Plus I love Denzel, Mila and Oldman.
Be careful what you say.

I've never seen Factotum, but from reading the description I don't think so. The entire film is essentially broken up in 4 parts:

James Franco reading Howl, which is accompanied by an animation sequence (some people hated it, but I really loved it)
James Franco being interviewed about his (Ginsberg) influences, personal life, stuff about the poem etc.
James Franco enacting some of the aforementioned stuff
The obscenity trial that resulted from the poem's publication

It's a bit artsy, but a really awesome film and James Franco did an unbelievable job in it; dare I say a better performance than 127 Hours?

Plus I love Denzel, Mila and Oldman.
Be careful what you say.

Back
Top Bottom