Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^ Tales from the Crypt is nostalgic for me but it's almost forgotten. I don't remember enough in detail to be mad.

I'd be tight if some bum *** creator was redoing the Twilight Zone though.

Saw 50 Shades of Black the other day. The Wayan's bros. sure have fell offf :smh: it was great to see ol girl's tittay though. 3.5/8

Dragon Blade was fun. Should've watched it sooner. Wasn't the best but it immersed me enough in the period where include really dig it. Jackie Chan always kills it with the fight choreography. 6/8.

Last edited:
Still watching it and despite him being the only non-british (I think) on an english show he does play it really good. well deserved

Still watching it and despite him being the only non-british (I think) on an english show he does play it really good. well deserved
I just finished it. I tell you what, I've watched a lot of period pieces done on Royalty and I've never seen one approached quite this way on a subject still living and so Royal. I don't know if you've seen Downton Abbey but the thing that I liked about it was how naked it was. I mean, it puts you up close and personal not only with how things go in UpperClass living but you feel like you are seeing things through the eyes of the characters.
The Crown does an excellent job of inviting you in to what feels like a Sacred Family, a Sacred life, Godlike beings as they see themselves and that is not only shown but you feel like you've been allowed to see something that is otherwise forbidden. Royal families are f'ed up man. They simply live by a different set of, not rules, but, I don't know a different I guess persepective is the word I'm looking for, they call it being Soverign. Delusions of Grandeur was quite possibly coined from situations such as these. They, the Houses, the Royal British, they simply are on a whole different level, and that's not neccesarily meant in a good or bad way but whatever the case, this is incredibly well done. NETFLIX killed it.

Last edited:
Miss Sloane. 7.1/8

I was enjoying the movie throughout just fine but then that ending. Such a masterful stroke :pimp: A notch below the Usual Suspect and Primal Fear twists. I didn't see it coming. You can assume she would win but even with the chekov's gun surveillance I did not put together how she would win.

The ending just made me feel good.

This movie is ALL Jessica Chastain :evil: :smokin

Watched Suicide Squad.....holy **** was it terrible. Complete abomination.
TRASH!

Did the random music for the first 40 min zone you out like it did me? 
laugh.gif

Watched Suicide Squad.....holy **** was it terrible. Complete abomination.

TRASH!

Did the random music for the first 40 min zone you out like it did me? :lol:

Whoever directed it tried to make it edgy/cool, but it was the opposite.

Also, for all the hype Leto got as the Joker, he was easily the worst one out of all the Batman movies I've seen. There was literally nothing good about this film.

Probably would have been better served focusing a film on the characters alone. A movie about Deadshot...a movie about Quinn/Joker...etc. etc. WAY too much going on and it felt rushed.

Watched Moonlight last night.

Stellar acting, but I'll be real honest - and maybe because I was watching late night - but I don't understand why Ali is getting the highest of praises. He's been my dude since Place Beyond the Pines, but to only be in Moonlight for X amount of time that he was, I'm having a hard time understanding where his "empowerment" came from.

Granted he did take in Chiron in an attempt to ensure him he can freely be gay/different, but he didn't do ALL that much else. Besides go off on his mom?

Ali's character is who Chi used as a reference point to being a man. Once he grew up, he basically modeled himself after him and became tough drug dealer.

"Who is you?"

Watched Moonlight last night. Pretty well done film, I enjoyed it.

That's not my personal battle, but I'm glad they told that story. Hopefully the message reached someone struggling with their own personal acceptance. Masculinity and homosexuality in the black community is an extremely sensitive topic.

No they didn't say but keep in mind it was a threat for the heptapods not humans.
So it will be a threat to the aliens and they gave the "gift" to the humans in order to help them in the future? Sorry its been a few months since I've seen it. 
Yeah pretty much. Humans learn the language and then help/save the Heptapods way in the future.

Also, for all the hype Leto got as the Joker, he was easily the worst one out of all the Batman movies I've seen. There was literally nothing good about this film.

Probably would have been better served focusing a film on the characters alone. A movie about Deadshot...a movie about Quinn/Joker...etc. etc. WAY too much going on and it felt rushed.
Whatever the soldiers name on there, he was the most stereotypical soldier I have ever seen in a movie. Every line that he said was generic as hell and he didn't know how to convey emotions correctly. Characters were cool though, especially that Hispanic guy, it's just the execution and the whole plot sucked.

Whatever the soldiers name on there, he was the most stereotypical soldier I have ever seen in a movie. Every line that he said was generic as hell and he didn't know how to convey emotions correctly. Characters were cool though, especially that Hispanic guy, it's just the execution and the whole plot sucked.

You talking about Scott Eastwood or the other guy?

Sucked sooooo bad. The thing is, you can kinda tell there might have been a good movie in there. Like they had enough footage to film 5 or 6 different versions of the film. But they edited it historically poor, and cut out too much content for any type of cohesion at all. I wish a fan would go back and just re-edit all the scenes to make it somewhat more watchable. Like the one fan did with Star Wars episode I where they edited out all of Jar-Jar binks's lines and trimmed down some other stupid parts.

you would still have to somehow edit out the epically corny soundtrack, and there's nothing you could do about the god awful dialogue, but I believe somehow there's a good movie in there.

Like what was the point of casting Common in the movie at all? And...... Actually, never mind, I do this every time. I'm gonna stop myself here. I hated the movie. That is all.

i didn't think suicide squad was absolutely horrible at the beginning but towards the last half it got pretty bad....ummm actually really bad. i also didn't think leto was that bad. it's just difficult for anyone playing the joker to compare to heath ledger.

my wife took us to one of the fancy theaters yesterday to watch lego batman. they really enjoyed the movie. i had to work early so by the time we got in the theater, i was really tired and slept through about 20 mins. that's the drawback of having really comfortable seats. it was a pretty funny movie though.

Only good part of Suicide Squad was Margot Robbie. The rest of it ranged from bad to horrible.

'Met' Jake Gyllenhaal Sunday night. By met I mean I said hello to him when he left the theater for his play :lol: which I saw with my girl and he was awesome in it. Had no clue he could sing. Seemed nice and was willing to take pics/autographs for everyone waiting.

Watched Nocturnal Animals last night.

I totally get the ending, but I still wanted something different :smh: . I thought Michael Shannon killed it and was waiting for him to heel turn. Unless he did by not coming back to help Tony take out Ray?

Last edited:
I did not see a heel turn coming with Shannon's character at all.

If he did not come back on purpose it was so Jake's character could sack up. He explained why he was helping and his situation made it all make sense. Had he screwed him over story would've been too dark for me :lol:

man just went to IMDB and noticed they closed down their message boards yesterday. I never posted there but I always enjoyed going  the boards for a show, actor, movies etc just to see what conversation was being had

Last edited:

man just went to IMBD and noticed they closed down their message boards yesterday. I never posted there but I always enjoyed going  the boards for a show, actor, movies etc just to see what conversation was being had
Absolutely stupid idea on their part.

Those message boards were goldmines of information/discussion.

man just went to IMDB and noticed they closed down their message boards yesterday. I never posted there but I always enjoyed going  the boards for a show, actor, movies etc just to see what conversation was being had

Seriously??!!

Back
Top Bottom