Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

there is no "distortion in perspective"
I disagree. We went over the options already though.

Nothing you've said since is really convincing me otherwise. I actually believe it more since your first post that had the question in it.
you seem to think that only your interpretation is "objective"
I've yet to give you an interpretation. You asked a question about the relationship of 2 characters. I answered it. I stated a fact in regards to the relationship. You're either ignoring it or choosing to call it an opinion even though you claimed you understand.

Last edited:
Skeptic about using iPic blankets :x but the seating looks legit. I've been to the AMC Dine-Ins and it's the same exact setup.

I have to go to the theaters for most movies I care about. Or I try as best I can. One thing that sucks about watching a movie at home, is you have so many more distractions and chances to lose interest. Got your phone, your laptop, maybe your kids or animals are being annoying, maybe your significant other is wanting to top you off, maybe your homies want you to stop being lame and go out drinking, maybe you're just to comfy in your blanket fort and want to sleep. Going to a theater typically forces you to watch a whole movie. I hear it so much in here "I didn'T like this Oscar nominated movie and turned it off 20 minutes in and blah blah." Mother ****** maybe you would have watched the whole thing if you were stuck in a theater and you would have gotten to that part where the movie clicks for you.

And then of course there's just the added technical aspect of seeing a film on the big screen. Like I said, it's not always possible of course, but I gotta watch it in the theater whenever I can, otherwise I can rob my self of the true experience the director intended for me to have.

"movie theater experience" is hogwash to me, granted I don't watch a lot of big action, special effects movies

I understand going for the shared viewing experience but I don't find it to be necessary to enjoy a movie

I have to go to the theaters for most movies I care about. Or I try as best I can. One thing that sucks about watching a movie at home, is you have so many more distractions and chances to lose interest. Got your phone, your laptop, maybe your kids or animals are being annoying, maybe your significant other is wanting to top you off, maybe your homies want you to stop being lame and go out drinking, maybe you're just to comfy in your blanket fort and want to sleep. Going to a theater typically forces you to watch a whole movie. I hear it so much in here "I didn'T like this Oscar nominated movie and turned it off 20 minutes in and blah blah." Mother ****** maybe you would have watched the whole thing if you were stuck in a theater and you would have gotten to that part where the movie clicks for you.

And then of course there's just the added technical aspect of seeing a film on the big screen. Like I said, it's not always possible of course, but I gotta watch it in the theater whenever I can, otherwise I can rob my self of the true experience the director intended for me to have.

That's probably the biggest difference between theater and home watching. Theater you're completely focused on the film but at home you might be distracted. Especially if there's other ppl at home that aren't watching the movie.

Last edited:
Skeptic about using iPic blankets
sick.gif
but the seating looks legit. I've been to the AMC Dine-Ins and it's the same exact setup.
do you go to hotels?

if you are in that mindset that's far worse.

****** aint ******* at ipic. 
this isn't beating the theater experience.  

Last edited:
Still prefer theaters over the home experience. Can't have distractions while watching movies that require a lot of attention.

Last edited:
Get Out is very dope. I had high expectations since watching the first trailer and they were met.

Theater crowd was hype during a couple scenes and when the lights came on, turns out majority were white lol. Go figure

We don't have an ipic nearby, but we have a Cinetopia which sounds very similar. Lounge seating, reserved seats, food served etc. Wife and I have gone a couple times, but it's rare.
Cinetopia is the **** :pimp: Love that place, but too expensive to go very often.

Sadly, I left my long time job this month, and with that, my movie hook up is now gone. :frown: No more seein every damn thing I wanted at home with a flash drive. :smh: I'm gonna miss it a helluva lot more than I planned for.
Damn man for real? Why'd you leave? Better be for a better opportunity. No creep, but when you sent me some movie script a while back I'm pretty sure it was from your work email, so I know you were at a damn good spot.

Yeah, it was rough. 12 years and I was a rock star there but they wouldn't promote me to a job I was already doing.

My former boss and co-worker both left for a diff job and they put in word for me. So I did get raise but man it hurt leavin. I had family at my job, people who will be with me til death. But the top bosses wouldn't pony up. :smh:

2 weeks after I left, they had to get someone from another department to cover me.......The department I was asking for. :lol:

Bright side, they paid out my 290 hours of PTO on my final paycheck. :pimp:

God damn god damn. Get Out was SO DOPE! So so so dope. One of the best movie experiences in a long time.

I can't remember the last film I saw where the whole theater cheered the way they did at the end of this. Movie is gonna make so much God damn money. [/spolier]

I wasn't in the least bit interested until I saw Marnie in one of the previews.

I've checked IMDB  randomly since first seeing her in GIRLS, looking for a project she was in.

I was going to see this but wasn't like, Super Excited. 

These comments in here though, got me ready

Last edited:
Kinda random but I'm in the Get Out comment section on youtube and there's a youtuber who argues eerily like Zik. :lol: Had me wondering if I was on NT for a second. :rofl:

Anyway, I'm definitely going to see Get Out pretty soon. I should've watched it tonight. I didn't do anything.

Last edited:
Kinda random but I'm in the Get Out comment section on youtube and there's a youtuber who argues eerily like Zik.
laugh.gif
Had me wondering if I was on NT for a second.
roll.gif

Anyway, I'm definitely going to see Get Out pretty soon. I should've watched it tonight. I didn't do anything.
I couldn't even imagine reading a Youtube comment section on anything.

Those posters are usually 13 and understand the best troll or way to pop drama is to just say the N word. 

I mean read a section after say, a JayZ video, Why Flouride is Bad video, How to make Taco Shells, is GOD real video,  ' is Adidas or NIKE the GOAT' video(basically any video, content therein matters none) and you will see some N word comment and then arguing etc etc etc

Youtube comment sections are a real waste of time.( to me anyways)

Last edited:
get out was dope.

it felt like the whole theater had the exact same reactions simultaneously throughout the crowd haha

it was really funny too.

great movie.  highly recommend you go see it in the theaters.

Kinda random but I'm in the Get Out comment section on youtube and there's a youtuber who argues eerily like Zik. :lol: Had me wondering if I was on NT for a second. :rofl:

The first 3 comments of a YouTube comment section usually easily gets me to bail :lol:

Link me though, he's not arguing like me unless he's calling ppl dumbasses for having poorly thought out opinions or accusing of them of spreading bull **** :lol:

:nerd:

Was suppose to catch John Wick 2 but now Get Out got me wondering as well.

I don't get the "Peele byke" posts.

Keanu was mad good. Everything else was Television and also cooking pretty decent.

The first 3 comments of a YouTube comment section usually easily gets me to bail :lol:

Link me though, he's not arguing like me unless he's calling ppl dumbasses for having poorly thought out opinions or accusing of them of spreading bull **** :lol:

:nerd:

Was suppose to catch John Wick 2 but now Get Out got me wondering as well.

Actually he did. He even broke up a big post into a bunch of little quotes and responded to each one too. I'll see if I can find it later.

I always wondered how no matter what the video is on YouTube it has a thumb down. You could accidentally upload some **** with no title and no video and instead of just moving on some weirdo will still neg it.

Last edited:

I couldn't even imagine reading a Youtube comment section on anything.

Those posters are usually 13 and understand the best troll or way to pop drama is to just say the N word. 

I mean read a section after say, a JayZ video, Why Flouride is Bad video, How to make Taco Shells, is GOD real video,  ' is Adidas or NIKE the GOAT' video(basically any video, content therein matters none) and you will see some N word comment and then arguing etc etc etc

Youtube comment sections are a real waste of time.( to me anyways)

It is a guilty pleasure of mine to read YouTube comments.

Went ahead and caught The Killer Inside this morning.

It was okay.

The music was a little too much but the Film wasn't bad at all.

Definitely wasn't near the litness of Unthinkable.

Back
Top Bottom