Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Both Kingsman movies were stupidly good pop corn action flicks. Just stupid escapist fun... The absurdity of Elton John in it... It made my wife & son laugh several times. I wish they made Channing Tatum the turn coat instead of Pedro Pascal doe.
if you are saying this because you wanted the whip guy to stick around i said the exact same thing. that guy was a bad *** with the electric whip. he was the colin firth of the statesmen. i wish he would have stuck around. he had a good brief backstory

i also wish mark strong survived and colin firth didnt

tatums character was the worst part of the movie because it was so brief

i still liked part 1 better but 2 was fun

Last edited:
agreed, Tatum was severely under, they basically introduced him then put him to sleep for the rest of the movie
if they are gonna make a statesmen spinoff they need another actor to buddy up with tatum. dont think tatum and halle gon get the job done

I don't care I don't care I don't care, Romeo+Juliet is GOAT.

I have always loved this film. Was made to watch it and report on it in Junior English class in 96'.
I was salty because I hated the books we read in High School English and found the dialogue itself absurd, but a group of us went and all the girls cried and us dudes RAVED about how dope it was.

Claire Daines was so cute and so sweet.
I've Loved her since.
Always in my heart :smile:

Fell in love with Kate Winslet in a similar way for her part as Rose in Titanic. I still remember Jack(Leo) drawing her as she lay naked on the couch :pimp:

They can do no wrong in my eyes, though they do mostly good work worthy of salutes, both super talented and have turned out many praise worthy performances. Like Kate in The Reader, which is also memorable for me for the scene in which she was bathing the kid and stripped nude and had the monster full bush.

Come to think of it, I believe that's where my craving for a natural Woman comes from.

Last edited:
I really like how True Detective S3 is rounding out. The casting of Carmen Ejogo & Mahershala Ali is flames.

Saw 'Shape of Water' last night. Was not feeling it AT ALL. I don't know. Not my cup of tea I guess. Michael Shannon was dope, though. Loved his performance. Other than that. :stoneface:

4/8.

Den of Thieves was dope. Saw a screening yesterday.

No spoilers, but I liked the ending, just felt the reveal was a bit rushed, but being at 2hr. and 20 mins, I guess it was about time to wrap it up. I liked the "surprise" ending a bit familiar like Usual Suspects. I will watch again.

Gerry Butler can be a good actor but he’s done such crap films & it has ¢50 in it... Can’t take that seriously at all. Has the feels of a straight to redbox movie...

Proud Mary 4.8/8

Eh, I didn't like the story much at all. Taraji's range isn't being stretched here.

I find it to be some pure bull **** that she cares about this kid so much and he reciprocated even after certain reveals. So that for me set up a lot of forced emotional scenes that simply weren't earned by the acting or the writing. I just didnt like it.

The one thing I really liked was touching on the theme of ppl in positions of power thinking they can literally own ppl and then the look at the lives of these ppl (2 characters) living under that situation and what happens when one rebels.

Action was good but by the #s and some of the stuff in the 3rd act that was suppose to be impressive were laughable. Taraji did look good moving in a fight and gun fight but this was just a popcorn action flick you can catch at home. Nothing in the vein of John Wick or Atomic Blond.

Not much to say about Glover's performance but he sure did nail being a scumbag when a scene called for it or that other black guy with the muscles. The kid I feel I saw in something else, he was okay.

I assume that one person wasn't killed in hopes for a sequel. Otherwise the 3rd act wasn't thought out much.

In the end, Proud Mary was just okay.

Going to the movies was spur of the moment today but I should've said **** it and gone in to the city to see I, Tonya.

Strangely enough, I ended up liking this trailer and wanting to see the movie

The idea of a mother taking on a group of home invaders/criminals/killers to save her kids and succeeding by killing, beating, and outright outsmarting them is hilarious but some of this made it look dope :lol:

Got Gabrielle clutching/crawling/hanging off the side of the staircase like she Jackie Chan.

Last edited:
Saw 'Shape of Water' last night. Was not feeling it AT ALL. I don't know. Not my cup of tea I guess. Michael Shannon was dope, though. Loved his performance. Other than that. :stoneface:

4/8.

So the lady was doing sex 'rituals' with the eggs which she would then feed to this monster, her 'god'. Which she eventually became one with, reaching 'enlightenment' or gaining a power thru sexual energy/ ritual. Sounds like left hand path, tantric stuff. Or am i crazy?

Proud Mary 4.8/8

Eh, I didn't like the story much at all. Taraji's range isn't being stretched here.

I find it to be some pure bull **** that she cares about this kid so much and he reciprocated even after certain reveals. So that for me set up a lot of forced emotional scenes that simply weren't earned by the acting or the writing. I just didnt like it.

The one thing I really liked was touching on the theme of ppl in positions of power thinking they can literally own ppl and then the look at the lives of these ppl (2 characters) living under that situation and what happens when one rebels.

Action was good but by the #s and some of the stuff in the 3rd act that was suppose to be impressive were laughable. Taraji did look good moving in a fight and gun fight but this was just a popcorn action flick you can catch at home. Nothing in the vein of John Wick or Atomic Blond.

Not much to say about Glover's performance but he sure did nail being a scumbag when a scene called for it or that other black guy with the muscles. The kid I feel I saw in something else, he was okay.

I assume that one person wasn't killed in hopes for a sequel. Otherwise the 3rd act wasn't thought out much.

In the end, Proud Mary was just okay.

Going to the movies was spur of the moment today but I should've said **** it and gone in to the city to see I, Tonya.

Strangely enough, I ended up liking this trailer and wanting to see the movie

The idea of a mother taking on a group of home invaders/criminals/killers to save her kids and succeeding by killing, beating, and outright outsmarting them is hilarious but some of this made it look dope :lol:

Got Gabrielle clutching/crawling/hanging off the side of the staircase like she Jackie Chan.

Proud Mary is traaaaaash!!! So many missed opportunities.

I’m so sad that Blade Runner did so poorly at the box office. I love the flick. One of the things I appreciate so much about the flick is like Chris Nolan, Villeneuve relies more on real sets & vehicles rather then green screen.

This movie also sounds gorgeous on my surrround sound (Yammy receiver & B&W speakers).

I fell in love with Ana de Armas on screen the same way I did with Adele Exarchopoulos from Blue Is The Warmest Color.

Edit - Holy s**t this movie sounds great. OMG...

Last edited:
Just saw 3 billboards, good flick.

Just didn't catch the ending.

What was your interpretation on the ending?

I just don't understand how the dude came into town to see old girl then come again to brag about his doings with a friend and still not be him. Them they going to Idaho to kill him for ????

Back
Top Bottom