Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Saw Us last night... it was incredible. Shot well, scored well, great performances from the cast, particularly Lupita, and it just did so many great things.

It gives you so many different elements of horror and I loved how it grew and expanded throughout the movie. First it's one thing, then it's another, until the full scope is revealed.. Funny, creepy, weird, scary, and it took a few minutes of discussion for everything to click and when it did, it made me immediately want to rewatch it.

Looking forward to Nnedi Okorafor's novel, Who Fears Death, to be adapted on HBO. George R. R. Martin is executive producing and Selwyn Seyfu Hinds is screenwriting.

‘Asunda’ Drama Series Based On African Epic Fantasy Comics In The Works At HBO

niobe-sebastian-.jpg

Hyoung Taek Nam/ Tyler Shields

https://deadline.com/2019/03/asunda...tasy-comics-hbo-sebastian-a-jones-1202581186/
This is a differen African fantasy series than the one Michael B. Jordan is executive producing, right?

This is a differen African fantasy series than the one Michael B. Jordan is executive producing, right?

Yeah, thats by somebody else. That was being sold as the black Game of Thrones.

That was Marlon James' Black Leopard, Red Wolf book which is a first in a trilogy.

As it stands, HBO has 3 African centric series based off novels in the works.

think that ones called "black wolf, red lion" or something
Yeah, thats by somebody else. That was being sold as the black Game of Thrones.

That was Marlon James' Black Leopard, Red Wolf book which is a first in a trilogy.

As it stands, HBO has 3 African centric series based off novels in the works.
:pimp:
These shows can be so fire being that it’s HBO behind them & aside from the fact that their programs are still the gold standard of quality television, they can provide the necessary budgets these type of productions need.

Legendary Will Bring Bitter Root Comic To the Big Screen

https://www.superherohype.com/movie...t-comic-to-the-big-screen#q36UeMQaIm4FV88u.99

Last fall, Chuck Brown, David F. Walker, and artist Sanford Greene’s Bitter Root comic made an immediate impact for Image Comics. Now, the series is heading to the big screen courtesy of Legendary Entertainment.

Via Deadline, Brown, Walker, and Brown will all be executive producers of the adaptation of their Image Comics series. Sean Owolo. Jon Silk, and Disney Hall from Big Machine will executive produce the film on behalf of Legendary. Neither a screenwriter nor a director are currently attached to the project.

Bitter Root follows the Sangeryes, an African-American family living in New York City in the 1920s during the height of the Jazz Age. While the Sangeryes were once a force to be reckoned with, the family is deeply divided by their merciful tactics. However, when faced with a supernatural invasion that feeds on prejudice, spite, and bigotry, the Sangeryes will be all that stands in the way.

Prior to BITTER ROOT, Walker and Greene worked together on Marvel’s POWER MAN AND IRON FIST revival series. Walker is also the co-creator and co-writer of DC’s Namoi series. Greene has previously illustrated UNCANNY AVENGERS, BLACK PANTHER, and DEADPOOL among others. Brown’s comic credits include the indie title, TRENCH COATS, CIGARETTES AND SHOTGUNS; as well as BLACK PANTHER and THE PUNISHER stories for Marvel.

Who would you like to see star in the BITTER ROOT movie? And which writers and directors would be the best fit for this project?

IO 4/8. Pretty boring. Pretty whack. Premise didn't really pique interest. Execution wasnt really there. Did not connect to it. The sets were nice and matched the concept well.

Message From the King 5.7/8. I enjoyed when I adjusted my thinking of this basically being T'Challa without the enhancement of the heart shaped herb getting revenge for the murder of Shuri :lol: Whooping some *** and facing some near True Detective level bad guys (TD s1 and a little s2)

Paradox 5.8/8. This was like a watered down Triangle. Still entertaining if you think of this as an original movie for the Syfy channel even though it's an original movie for Netflix. It was fun figuring out who was the mystery person snd who was the killer.

Anon 5.8/8. I enjoyed this as well. The prostitute sex scene was good and the Amanda Seyfried sex scene was really good. I really dug the concept of the movie and the premise. Feel like a series could really go on depth with it. A future where privacy bascially does not exist in this fashion is very interesting.

Last edited:
The Beach Bum 3.5/8 - I laughed a handful of times but there's ultimately nothing there. No iconic performances like Gucci Mane in Spring Breakers. 3 people in the theater at 7PM.

Hello! New to this thread and haven't really caught up with much in here. Didnt even know there was a movie thread until a member in the TAN thread linked me. But I just saw US and Im kinda lost with it and also thought it was boring and annoying. I know there's a lot of hidden messages in it, anyone care to share? Maybe it'll make me appreciate the movie more.

anyone take a chance on the oa season 2?
that first season recalled ended poorly but the new trailer looked good and the rating is high on RT.

Cot damn I feel so old, I remember watching this in theaters and everybody talking about this back in 7th grade. In my personal top 10 and I’ve probably seen it at least over 30 times.

Same. I think I was in the 8th grade when this came out. I remember walking out of the theater with a different outlook on life. Like no joke, this movie changed me man.

Same. I think I was in the 8th grade when this came out. I remember walking out of the theater with a different outlook on life. Like no joke, this movie changed me man.

I feel you man, it came out around the age where we started developing our own tastes and this film was an event. It was the first movie that I started really breaking down and talking about with my friends in ways I never did before with a movie. Also it came out when most people I knew started getting the internet and we were looking up theories and ****.

Hello! New to this thread and haven't really caught up with much in here. Didnt even know there was a movie thread until a member in the TAN thread linked me. But I just saw US and Im kinda lost with it and also thought it was boring and annoying. I know there's a lot of hidden messages in it, anyone care to share? Maybe it'll make me appreciate the movie more.
I saw it over the weekend and enjoyed it, still working through it though and trying to connect some of the dots. I think I have it figured out but after reading some of the theories I am second guessing myself.

Back
Top Bottom