Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

So, I finally saw Parasite last night at the Lincoln Center and honestly, I left the theater speechless, which hasn't happened to me in quite a while. Even now, I'm thinking about certain scenes and how it plays out in amazement. I thoroughly had "The Irishman" as the best film of the year but right now it's neck & neck with Parasite.

It's incredibly rare for a film to pull that off w/o making it cheesy or too on the nose. The way things make a hard left literally out nowhere and transitions smoothly into a completely different genre left me in awe. And as an (aspiring) screenwriter, I felt defeated :lol:

8/8

Believe the hype

Parasite is better and it’s not close for me.

The Irishman is great and functions well as a somber coda for all the gangster films Scorsese has been making the last four decades and his career in general, but Parasite just felt like another level.

A great director reaching a new peak. Some of those sequences were so tightly directed. The script was great with classism social commentary that didn’t try to beat you over the head with its message (unlike Us :D). The finale might be one of my favorite sequences ever.

Last edited:
Y'all dudes talking best movie of the year between The Irishman and Parasite need to go see The Lighthouse and get mind****ed then come back.

Aite, bet.

I've actually had Lighthouse booked like 3 different times on my AMC A-List but something came up each time :lol:

Imma try to go tonight though 8)

I'm pissed I havent been able to find time for Lighthouse or Parasite yet. When I add The Irishman to this list I might quit my job so I have a free day.

How loud? Compared to the Witch and the loud *** music?
Pretty loud. Isn't like I need to walk out loud but it had me feeling like I was by the docks. Movie doesn't have a regular score and has its silent extended moments and that horn man :smh:

You either manage to ignore it or you get immersed in the movie it doesn't bother you as much.

Still need to see The Witch.

Last edited:
I'm pissed I havent been able to find time for Lighthouse or Parasite yet. When I add The Irishman to this list I might quit my job so I have a free day.

Man I’m the exact same way. 3 weekends in a row I had plans on catching one of these and something work related nixed it. This job thing is for the birds. Plus Doctor Sleep is dope I heard. I feel like I’m behind on homework or something what the hell

probably gonna catch a movie tonight. Jojo rabbit or dr sleep?
Both are really good.

Surprisingly if you want to end the night on a happy ending see Dr. Sleep. Its cool and a lot of fun while remaining creepy and homages The Shining without going too far.

If you want a somber end but a movie that is really funny and joyful see Jojo.

Pretty loud. Isn't like I need to walk out loud but it had me feeling like I was by the docks. Movie doesn't have a regular score and has its silent extended moments and that horn man :smh:

You either manage to ignore it or you get immersed in the movie it doesn't bother you as much.

Still need to see The Witch.

I think The VVitch is still on Netflix

Back
Top Bottom