Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

O contrare bonjour! I would rather watch Do The Right Thing or Higher Learning for the first time. Mystic River will get another chance if it’s on cable or HBO and I happen to see it goin by.

It's on HBO Max if you have it.

O contrare bonjour! I would rather watch Do The Right Thing or Higher Learning for the first time. Mystic River will get another chance if it’s on cable or HBO and I happen to see it goin by.
You haven't seen Do The Right Thing or Higher Learning yet?
tenor (4).gif

Lucky tbh. Wish I could watch both for the first time again. Movies are fire. Do The Right Thing is beyond good.

Yeah you should prob watch Do the Right Thing.

Higher Learning is okay, but pretty flawed. Still worth a watch.

Not in the same company as Mystic River or DTRT though.

'Malcolm & Marie' was kinda decent. Zendaya and JDW got heavy into their, dramatic acting bag. Those were some intense monologues. I seen a little bit of Denzel in JDW's performance too.

I liked how they touched on film critique, perspective, narcissism, and egotistical relationships.

However, I think it would have been more digestible as a short film. Watching 2 people fight using SAT words, for an entire movie becomes exhausting.

^^^ I have to give Zendaya her due. From what I saw of her Disney Channel show when my son used to watch it, I wouldn’t not have predicted her as becoming an A-list actress. Good for her.

Side note - I also would not have predicted Bella Thorne, who was in the Disney show with Zenday, would go on to direct a pron video. But that happened too.

^^^ I have to give Zendaya her due. From what I saw of her Disney Channel show when my son used to watch it, I wouldn’t not have predicted her as becoming an A-list actress. Good for her.

Side note - I also would not have predicted Bella Thorne, who was in the Disney show with Zenday, would go on to direct a pron video. But that happened too.
Hell, while we're on the subject... it was kinda weird seeing her (Zendaya) getting her cakes munched on in that movie :lol:

She's a beautiful girl, but I still see her as the Disney Channel kid.

Back
Top Bottom