Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I wonder if including ray liotta was some kind of throwback inside joke?
Anybody remember that episode of mtv punk’d where the little kid keeps telling Ray, “oh man, I love you in the Sopranos, you were so good!”

and liotta is like nah fam you got me confused, I think you mean Goodfellas?! Anyways this would be a funny callback to that, by having him on the sopranos finally :lol:
Reminds me of the call back on Sopranos to Goodfellas. When Christopher (Michael Imperioli) shoots the baker in the foot. The baker says"You mutha******, you shot my foot!" And Christopher says "It happens." Referring to him getting shot in the foot in Goodfellas :lol:

Last edited:
The Creepshow TV series (derived from the old movie/EC comic books) is excellent. They nailed the tone perfectly.

Oddly enough, I heard the Are You Afraid of the Dark revival is solid as well. I plan on checking that out next.

Currently

6A419B75-3534-4C19-912E-2E1CC04D3ACB.jpeg

I don't know if it's in the article, but John Connor wearing a Public Enemy shirt insinuating he's Public Enemy #1 for Skynet and Law Enforcement completely went over my head as a kid. I always just assumed he was a Public Enemy fan.

I don't know if it's in the article, but John Connor wearing a Public Enemy shirt insinuating he's Public Enemy #1 for Skynet and Law Enforcement completely went over my head as a kid. I always just assumed he was a Public Enemy fan.
Which also is inline for the character. Gotta fight the system

mans was singing and dancing when the golden ticket showed up, nah all my homies hate grandpa joe

The only mention of it from that article, seems like Furlong was just into PE at that time in his life:

Schwarzenegger: We had a specific screening, it was just for us, the cast, James and myself, and Guns N’ Roses. I think that Axl Rose was extremely impressed. I remember him going to Jim and saying, “I’m in.”

Cooksey: We were just on set and someone had delivered another cassette tape to me. And it was “You Could Be Mine.” And at that point I was pretty much the **** because I had an advance copy of at least one song off the new album, before it was out.

Cameron: I could see John listening to this, even though he’s running around in a Public Enemy shirt.

Furlong: When I was 13, I had no idea what I was ****ing listening to. I liked rock, but then I’d listen to Slick Rick. I’ve come to appreciate Guns N’ Roses.

The only mention of it from that article, seems like Furlong was just into PE at that time in his life:

I found this

The idea to have Connor wear a Public Enemy shirt came from costume designer Marlene Stewart, who was just getting into films after years of outfitting Madonna. "I knew who the group was, but it was more that the symbol made sense," she says. "It was a reflection of the same reason they called themselves Public Enemy. It's the fact that they feel targeted in some sense, whether it's real or imagined."

The choice is also kind of a joke. Throughout the film the viewer can see the group’s stenciled name on the front of Connor’s shirt, but the back of it, which features Public Enemy’s iconic man in crosshairs logo, remains hidden beneath Connor’s green camo jacket. "He literally has a target on his back, and it's camouflaged. It's a double entendre," Stewart says. "It was kind of the perfect literal translation."

Dude is an outright scumbag and I have always felt this way.

Not only did he do this, but when he got to the Factory it was his idea to take a drink of the fizzy lifting soda, which almost got Charlie and himself killed

And when Wonka told them they had to face the consequences of breaking the rules, mans got pissed and was going to selling Wonka's intellectual property to his completion. Which is theft.

Ole boy was an all-round low life

#Cancel Grandpa Joe

Last edited:
Also the “Cheer up, Charlie” song should’ve made us all turn off the movie

Back
Top Bottom