Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Today would have been Large Marge’s 84th birthday….if it wasn’t for that wreck!!!
C3E6318E-19AD-47F0-8E95-929E5888C853.jpeg

69F97BF6-1A39-4A12-8517-53C982857F55.gif

Last edited:
Didn’t know Freddie Prinze has been married to Sarah Michelle Gellar for 19 years wellllllll well

What were your thoughts on it?
I liked it. Got real into it. Not sure why some weren't diggin it. I thought Gaga did great. I was engaged the whole 2.5hrs. Story was interesting and I had no prior knowledge to any of it so it all came as a surprise. Ending was shocking. But not as shocking as being towards the end of the movie when out of nowhere I was like, "Jared Leto? Is that you? WTF!?!" :lol: All in all a solid film and worth the watch.

I liked it. Got real into it. Not sure why some weren't diggin it. I thought Gaga did great. I was engaged the whole 2.5hrs. Story was interesting and I had no prior knowledge to any of it so it all came as a surprise. Ending was shocking. But not as shocking as being towards the end of the movie when out of nowhere I was like, "Jared Leto? Is that you? WTF!?!" :lol: All in all a solid film and worth the watch.
Pretty much my thoughts on the movie as well. Though Leto's accent got annoying at times and he was really overacting in many parts. I thought Adam Driver's performance was just above average, Gaga shined and Pacino did his thing as well.

Pretty much my thoughts on the movie as well. Though Leto's accent got annoying at times and he was really overacting in many parts. I thought Adam Driver's performance was just above average, Gaga shined and Pacino did his thing as well.
Leto just got comical after a while. Once I knew who it was, it made it that much funnier:lol:

One of the most entertaining movies of the year.

I can see why some aren't feeling it though. I'm pretty sure a lot of people go in expecting a standard biopic/true crime thriller but Ridley Scott almost made the whole thing a total farce.

Between Lady Gaga and Jared Leto's accents and Al Pacino's overacting ("KONICHIWA!") , this was one of the funniest movies of the year too.

Last edited:

Peeped an early screening of this over the weekend in 70mm. It's a pretty straightforward, nostalgic coming of age movie. Not really what I was expecting from PTA, but i guess he's just at that stage of his career. It'll rank near the bottom of my favorite PTA movies but still probably good enough to be top 3 of 2021.

Bradley Cooper is hilarious in this. He gets maybe 10 min of screentime and im pretty sure he'll cop some best supporting actor nominations

Back
Top Bottom