Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I can’t be the only one who thinks the writing in Saturday Night Live is not that funny, can I? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I respect the show’s iconic status and the cool guests but for the most part, the humor just doesn’t do it for me. No disrespect to anyone who likes the show.

I can’t be the only one who thinks the writing in Saturday Night Live is not that funny, can I? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I respect the show’s iconic status and the cool guests but for the most part, the humor just doesn’t do it for me. No disrespect to anyone who likes the show.

I haven’t watched it regularly since the 90s.
I’ve see newer SNL stuff posted on-line occasionally that I thought was funny, but not enough to make me want to out of my way to watch a whole episode.

I haven’t watched it regularly since the 90s.
I’ve see newer SNL stuff posted on-line occasionally that I thought was funny, but not enough to make me want to out of my way to watch a whole episode.
People who are older than me have told me that it used to be funnier back in the day

You can’t be Ad-Free with ads, are they high with this Ultimate Ad-Free nonsense

I believe the difference between Ad-Free and Ultimate Ad-Free is that Ad-Free only allows two concurrent streams and up to 30 offline downloaded movies/episodes while Ultimate allows four concurrent streams and up to 100 offline downloaded movies/episodes. The Ultimate tier will also have an expanded catalog of content available in 4K UHD.

I have HBO Max through my HBO subscription with Comcast so I am not really sure what this means for me

People who are older than me have told me that it used to be funnier back in the day
I'm sure, but its been that way as long as I can remember. People older than me swear by the OG 1970s cast and said the 90s group with Sandler, Spade, Rock, Farley, etc. wasn't funny. And so on.

But everyone seems to agree that SNL in the 80s wasn't very good, except for Eddie Murphy.

Sooooo same exact content, just new tiered options?
8704D2B3-BBCC-4610-B378-E26751F14E8D.png

Max w/ Ads and Max Ad-Free is the same content at the same price and both have two concurrent streams.

Ultimate gives you two additional concurrent streams (4 total), more offline downloads (100 up from 30) but one of the bigger draws is the additional 4KUHD content for some of their premiere franchies (GOT, LOTR, The Last of Us, Harry Potter, Dark Knight Trilogy, etc.)

So I'll probably still have Max Ad-Free but, for example, Ultimate may be worth the additional dollars for me because I have never watched an episode of GOT so it would be dope to watch in 4kUHD which I could only do with Ultimate.

Difference will be when they infuse all the discovery and reality TV stuff and cut the budgets of HBO originals content

It'll probably look the same for now but might not down the road and not for the better but we'll see

Man Damn, BEEF is A24?
God Damn.
Of course.
Which one of the unhinged *** is going to jail first?
They are on some other level rage.
Too real: Lee Sung Jin spoke for a lot of people with this project.
Every time they do something I think that’s as bad as it’ll get,…and start another episode.

either because the jokes are now heavily scrutinized (no racist jokes, sexual jokes, etc....) or the writers don't have any good materials anymore.
on the otherhand, I miss this a lot.....

el presidente el presidente and I keep saying like horror movie alcoholics we need to start waiting til spooky szn to get to our next horror movies, and we never do. It’s all talk, our actions define us :lol:

There haven't been many updates on Jonathan Majors since the first weekend of March Madness... here's what seems to be the latest (April 6):

According to reports, Marvel met with the actor’s representatives but has yet to decide his fate. Whispers indicate Marvel is “discussing options” regarding Majors’ MCU future. Insider Jeff Sneider spoke about the issue on the Hot Mic podcast, saying Majors’ reps are in contact with Marvel and are ironing out the details. “I’ve heard that Marvel hasn’t made any decisions regarding Jonathan Majors but they’ve met with or spoken to his agent to discuss potential options going forward,” Sneider said.

Link: https://www.joblo.com/jonathan-majors-kang-recast/

Yeah, my personal Marvel fatigue has fully set in. The first Guardians of the Galaxy is probably one of my favorite Marvel movies, but I'm seeing the commercials for GOTG 3 and am like, "eh. I guess".

Only thing I'm aware of from them in the future that I'm really interested in is the new Blade, if it ever happens.

Back
Top Bottom