Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Another one for tonight (AMC+)…the unofficial Creepshow 3

1728257663343.jpeg
1728338344692.png

this tale still haunts me. poor guy

It’s crazy to me that A Star is Born has been made 4 separate times (1937, 1954, 1976 and 2018). Each version is a little different, but same basic premise.

I wonder what the 2038 version will be like?
Hollywood has been running out of ideas for 150 years

I kind of liked Joker 2 for that reason tho.

Now, certainly it wasn't a "perfect" film or anything like that, I clearly loved the first one much much more, but I did like the closure/follow up of this one from the sense of he was telling us the whole time that nobody would even look at him on the street, or care about him as they walked by, but when he became Joker, when he was Joker, they worshipped and adored him, when really, he was just a regular sick man. They all wanted him to do what they couldn't.

I admit, I was kind of guilty myself, I wanted to see him and Harley go out and just WREAK HAVOC on Gotham, but why? Why do I want that? Why am I rooting for that? Similar to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, everyone was eagerly waiting what was going to happen to Sharon Tate, and QT zigged where we expected zagged. What did that say about us that we were all eagerly awaiting seeing how he was going to have her murder filmed?

This Joker was the same, imo. It had some wonderfully shot scenes, and some beautiful moments here and there, but I'm not sure if that's what we all wanted, fair or not. I assume everyone wanted to see Joker brutality rather than Joker mentality.

And I know some didn't like the close, I actually did like it. It makes sense in going with the nobody knows the true origin of who or where The Joker came from, doing what they did there would certainly keep audiences guessing as to current identity, similar to The Following, and how the killer(s) kept changing from episode to episode and you couldn't keep track of the network of homicidal maniacs following the good Dr.

Ummm because that's what Joker does and who he is. The backlash from the incels was a pretty poor reason to do what Phillips decided to do with this film. Honestly it was so loosely connected to the Batman lore in the first place with the first film. This one basically had zero ties even in an elsewhere universe, which made the ending even more insulting with him trying to tie it to the Nolan universe.

Back
Top Bottom