Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

It gives you insight I'm sure, but you're not gonna magically become a great actor because you drop acid.

If it helps with a performance then it helps an Actor be good.

You can't give the best performance of tripping if you don't know what it is. Method acting has always been huge. And if you are willing to do certain things for your craft it shows a lot of dedication

Getting skinny to an unhealthy point and not sleeping for days at a time helped bale destroy it in the machinist.

But the difference is that Bale is a good actor. Method acting is commendable, dedicating yourself to your craft that deeply is always commendable. But it's not magic. That's all I'm saying.

No doubt it can, sometimes, help bring the good out of someone if utilized with a great director, but as it is, I'm still convinced Shia's a 'meh' actor. Hope he proves me wrong, because he's sure not gonna slow down in # of roles from the looks of it.

Last edited:
just realized melo 5 is the dude w the jewfro from glee that's smashing the girl i was in love w from my improv class in la :lol: can't even hate, that commercial is great.

and the machinist was really dope, i need to watch it again.

Last edited:
I love the idea of what method actors do in order to portray a role, especially dudes who during the weeks of filming don't get out of character even off set.

Has there ever been a movie documentary on actors who take part in it or would that disturb the process too much?

I know I'm super late but I just finished up watching Friday Night Lights a few days ago on Amazon prime. What an amazing show. Coach Eric Taylor is that dude. :pimp: I would've loved to play for a coach like that. Great Finale. That last scene in the locker room:

Coach: You may never know how proud I am of you.
Vince: You changed my life Coach. :frown:

The whole whole cast was great. From Coach Taylor, Tim and Billy Riggins, Smash, Buddy Garrity, and Vince. Michael B. Jordan is one hell of an actor. And the women: Lyla, Julie, Tyra, Mrs. Taylor, Becky and Jess :evil:

Had to name my fantasy team the East Dillon Lions. :pimp: :lol:

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Cant Lose!

Just watched The Perfect Host (came out some time last year) with David Hyde Pierce (dude from Fraiser) and I had a great laugh. If you like dark humor revolving around a conniving bank robber and psychotic police lieutenant "hosting a dinner party" this is a good watch.

I really feel Pierce should be getting more roles with the range he showed in this flick.

Shia drank moonshine on set for Lawless, dropped acid on set for an upcoming role, and will actually have sex on screen in Lars von Trier's newest film. No one has more credibility than him right now.

So then I suppose he knocked someone up and then took her to the clinic to prepare for Indiana Jones 4, is that what you're tellin me?

I dunno why, but I feel like Lt. Dangle stole all of David Hyde Pierce's roles.

I can see that. They do have some similarities - even sound kind of alike. But for some reason I don't seen Niles being all that interested in a lot of the roles Thomas Lennon plays, Jim Dangle included.

On a related note, I know not everyone does, but I think the Reno 911 movie is hilarious. I've watched it multiple times.

Just watched The Perfect Host (came out some time last year) with David Hyde Pierce (dude from Fraiser) and I had a great laugh. If you like dark humor revolving around a conniving bank robber and psychotic police lieutenant "hosting a dinner party" this is a good watch.

I really feel Pierce should be getting more roles with the range he showed in this flick.

I watched this at my brother's house a few months back on Netflix...movie was crazy..One part had me rollin, but I forgot what it was :lol:

I watched this at my brother's house a few months back on Netflix...movie was crazy..One part had me rollin, but I forgot what it was :lol:
The part when he put the bank robber in the bathtub and when he came to with cuts all on his face Warwick is in his robe pretending to bang one of the imaginary chicks? :lol: I was dying cuz they aint even show it the other way when the chick is actually there, dude was literally banging air and pretending to climax :rofl:

I want to see lawless, might go see that soon.

i cant wait for LOOPER for some reason :pimp: :lol:

I'm not sure how good it'll be. Probably a lot of good action but when I seen the commercials where dude says "in the future the mob controls time machines" I could no longer maintain a suspension of disbelief. I mean how reckless is the future if the mob controls time travel? :lol: :smh:

I'm not sure how good it'll be. Probably a lot of good action but when I seen the commercials where dude says "in the future the mob controls time machines" I could no longer maintain a suspension of disbelief. I mean how reckless is the future if the mob controls time travel? :lol: :smh:

:lol: one of the earlier playbacks was that Time Time was only avail on the black market or something to that extent :nerd:

Not sure what the hype is on Jessica Chastain. Average looks, average actress.

tumblr_m49tn7B4lj1qd9vcjo1_400.gif

Good one.

Just got back from seeing it.. and I kept thinking before it started how I really  wanted it to be good, and I worried that would affect my viewing. In short, there was great action and violence, loved the soundtrack, atmosphere, and cinematography, and strong performances by Hardy, Shia (who I tend to dislike), and Pearce (who was amazing). Not enough Oldman, I expected more unfortunately. 

Having said that, it wasn't great. I forget what review or blurb I read that said it's a movie that bridges the gap between the Hollywood summer season and the start of the awards season. It wasn't non-stop action that could be your summer tentpole (and I'm glad for it).. but it also didn't have the nuance and seamlessness you'd expect from a best picture/best of the year caliber movie either. Maybe that's a good thing.. gives you a good amount of both and I think I could see myself watching it all the time when it gets to Blu-Ray and the cable movie channels. 

I need to think about it more.. but overall I really liked it. 7.5/10 for now. It's hard to pinpoint exactly what was missing.. but I just know that something was. 

Also.. Chastain was nude. I change my mind, 10/10

Can't say much about Jessica. Seen only one film she's been in and until I just looked it up I didn't even know it was her. The thing is Take Shelter was revolving and focusing solely on Shannon. Her portrayal was really no different than what Wingham brought to it or the chick from Eastbound & Down. I'm probably never going to watch The Help. Maybe I'll try and see Stolen, Jolene or The Tree of Life.

She's got a short career so far starting off in 04 so no surprise she's in minor or supporting roles.

Looks wise meh.

Last edited:

The part when he put the bank robber in the bathtub and when he came to with cuts all on his face Warwick is in his robe pretending to bang one of the imaginary chicks? :lol: I was dying cuz they aint even show it the other way when the chick is actually there, dude was literally banging air and pretending to climax :rofl:

YES! :rofl:

Finally got around to seeing 127

Overall i liked it :pimp: the scene though when he started to take cut off his arm :x :x

You could sense his heart drop when his got caught in between the rock, not going to lie, my heart sank with him, the scene where hes hosting the radio show on camera :smh: :frown: :\

Back
Top Bottom