Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Damn, could have sworn that I’d seen The Amazing Spider Man2.
I saw a clip of Gwen falling and snapping her back on Monday, and couldn’t remember that part, so I decided to rewatch…..

Man I haven’t seen one second of this film.
Nothing. Atleast this far.
I’m an 36minutes in.
Not one scene so far, is one that I’ve seen.
I don’t get how I thought I’d seen it.
I remeber Electro, or so I thought I did.
Guess we’ll see.
Good too see this ain't just me! I'll swear I've seen something before, start watching 'again' with friends or a chick or my son. 20 minutes in I'm thinking "Ummmm, I definitely haven't seen this. I coulda SWORE..."

🤣🙃🤦‍♂️

-foe

Begins seemed like the same Batman Origin?
Nothing about Begins made you feel…….

Mind blown.
Batman Begins was the only Comic Book turned Movie that actually felt real, to me… ack when I’d seen it.
Immediately I knew it was something different.
I felt like that FILM upped all the stakes when it came to Comic Book Film.

Film is in a League of its Own based on that alone.
Nothing about it was mind blowing at all to me.

It was pretty much by the numbers.

Hindsight, lets me see how Ra's and his league circle back and factor in to the third movie but I think he was not a good choice as the second villain. Not to mention how it ends for him. I get Nolan wanted to stay grounded but he should've used somebody else whose main thing is resurrecting from the dead.

Should've kept it to Gotham's crime world along with Scarecrow.

This whole league of its own talk is not what I get when I watch Begins. It was like any other good Batman movie. It had some take aways like the trash Batman voice.

Tend to look at ppl crazy when they say its the best Nolan Bat movie or that its better than TDK.

jrp44 jrp44 I recommend Arrival.
It’s a perfect FILM.
8/8
My favorite FILM of all time.
The Sound and Editing is next level. It actually won an OSCAR for that.
8 OSCAR NOMS total, robbed of 2 others(Best Adapted Screenplay and Movie of the Year)
At least they got it right on the Sound.

Amazing Spider Man2 was good.
I definitely hadn’t seen it.
Shame Shailene Woodley scenes were cut.
Garfield should have got the 3rd film, maybe he would’ve had Woodley been introduced. Nah, probably still would have been scrapped

I think you're a lil harsh on Begins, Zik.

TDK is the better film imo. I don't get too upset over the either/or.

But Begins was great. The story of him challenging Marconi, the cast, the dialogue with Liam, the ninja-esque training, even the humor was well timed.

Freeman, Caine, Rutger, Bale, Oldman, Liam, Scarecrow, Marconi, just an elite group of talent for a comic book film more based in "realism" than most.

Holy ****.
Lakers have a Series based on Magic Johnson that’s about to hit HBO?
You’ll never guess who the Director is either…..I’ll be God Damned

The Martian is excellent. And also one of the rare times when the movie was better than the book.

TDK is better. Begins is really good, but I feel like it's lowkey a take to say Begins is better just going against the grain. The Dark Knight is a masterpiece

Batman Begins was the only Comic Book turned Movie that actually felt real, to me… ack when I’d seen it.

we always give batman on the whole way too much credit

but the most realistic was probably ironman 1

TDK is better. Begins is really good, but I feel like it's lowkey a take to say Begins is better just going against the grain. The Dark Knight is a masterpiece

Don't do that :lol:

It's a lot more common than you think. It really comes down to different strokes for different folks.

TDK story is just too convoluted for me, to the point where Batman is essentially a side piece in his own film. It's the story in Begins that really puts it over the top for me though. Batman/Bruce Wayne both have better arcs, and that's important for a Batman movie.

And I preferred the noir/gothic setting in Begins. Gave more character to Gotham. Dark Knight was cool too but it was more of that gritty/urban setting that seemed to take place in any American city. Begins Gotham back drop had more style reminiscent of the comics.

Dark Knight was good, really good but it was more of a crime film than it was a comic adaptation. And I read those old Legends of the Dark Knight DC comics from the late 80's early 90's. Still have a few.

This might rustle some jimmies, but a lot of people say Heath jacked Brad Dourif's performance from Death Machine.

It's a lot more common than you think. It really comes down to different strokes for different folks.

TDK story is just too convoluted for me, to the point where Batman is essentially a side piece in his own film. It's the story in Begins that really puts it over the top for me though. Batman/Bruce Wayne both have better arcs, and that's important for a Batman movie.

And I preferred the noir/gothic setting in Begins. Gave more character to Gotham. Dark Knight was cool too but it was more of that gritty/urban setting that seemed to take place in any American city. Begins Gotham back drop had more style reminiscent of the comics.

Dark Knight was good, really good but it was more of a crime film than it was a comic adaptation. And I read those old Legends of the Dark Knight DC comics from the late 80's early 90's. Still have a few.

This might rustle some jimmies, but a lot of people say Heath jacked Brad Dourif's performance from Death Machine.

batman should always kinda be a side piece in his movies

granted I would love to see fincher do a batman movie and go full
detective

But there are obviously certain stories where he should be in the forefront or there are stories where he’s sharing the spotlight.. but a decent amount where you’re giving legit backstory or shine to the rogues gallery

perfect examples are winter soldier and civil war.. they’re technically cap films.. but cap is sharing time in winter soldier and not really the driver of any of the story.. and civil war is really zemo and t’challa’s story

The Martian is excellent. And also one of the rare times when the movie was better than the book.

This is why I personally say that I enjoy Begins more than TDK, but don’t say it’s a better film.

No way!!!!!!!!

B3EBC06D-732E-4D53-93A0-36C82200D7B5.jpeg

I think you're a lil harsh on Begins, Zik.

TDK is the better film imo. I don't get too upset over the either/or.

But Begins was great. The story of him challenging Marconi, the cast, the dialogue with Liam, the ninja-esque training, even the humor was well timed.

Freeman, Caine, Rutger, Bale, Oldman, Liam, Scarecrow, Marconi, just an elite group of talent for a comic book film more based in "realism" than most.
2005 was great. We were left with a bad taste in our mouth with “Batman & Robin” and were given this treat. Talk about a 180. 🔥

Does anybody have the Critereon Channel streaming service? My gf got me a 3 month subscription for Christmas, and the first thing I wanted to do was add Memories of Murder to the watchlist. Turns out, it's not on there. Neither is any Bong Joon Ho film except Parasite, which we've seen at least 3 times. Then I start browsing what is available... I am SUPER let down. So many iconic films missing that have been given the Critereon treatment. Hopefully they start adding movies en masse because I'm not going to re up at this rate.

This is why I personally say that I enjoy Begins more than TDK, but don’t say it’s a better film.
This thought process happens a lot for me in film. For example, Casablanca is “better” than a lot of films that I enjoy, but ultimately I’m going to want to watch the film I enjoy more often than the so called “better” film.

Back
Top Bottom