Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Horus, Epic of Gilgamesh, apocrypha, 'married Jesus' conspiracies; went over all of this in college. One of my degrees is Advanced Biblical Studies.
Where Billy & I differ is in thinking Jesus taught Eastern religion/mysticism, and that mysticism exists at all... or that Jesus did.
Very interesting.
That explains a lot.
Seems like a degree that is worth it even if it doesn't/didn’t tie you directly to a Job Field.

Very interesting.
That explains a lot.
Seems like a degree that is worth it even if it doesn't/didn’t tie you directly to a Job Field.
At the time, absolutely. I went to college to be a xtian counselor. Double majored. Advanced Biblical Studies, Counseling Psychology, minored in Childhood Development.
The xtian counselor thing... yeah that didn't happen. 😂😬

Saw this in my neighborhood earlier...gotta be on purpose :lol:
1000015226.jpg

Currently first

IMG_4062.jpeg
Awesome.

Just know for context that the guy who plays Killian, the host of the Running Man show, is Richard Dawson, who I only knew at that time as being the host of the Price is Right; not an actor. And he nails that role.

First time last night
1714998111636.jpeg

Trying to decide if I should watch all the Planet of the Apes movies

Old ones, eh.

New ones, yes. The newest trilogy was terrific, and this 4th one this week already looks pretty good. (I didn't even know a 4th was happening til I saw it's first teaser, thought it was just gonna be a trilogy, looks like they jump way ahead time wise, similar to the Jurassic series)

At the time, absolutely. I went to college to be a xtian counselor. Double majored. Advanced Biblical Studies, Counseling Psychology, minored in Childhood Development.
The xtian counselor thing... yeah that didn't happen. 😂😬
Christian Counselor?
Wow.
Was it the courses and information in Advanced Biblical studies that roused you from a career in Christian Counseling?

I recently rewatch the Planet of the Apes trilogy.... They're so good man. I know they're highly reviewed but I think they're wildly underappreciated and discussed. I think it's one of the best trilogies of all time. All three movies are good for different reasons. Even the first one which is the weakest of the three is still a really solid movie

I am furious how the new one is.. I know the early reviews were positive but those aren't official yet but I'm going to see it as soon as I can

I recently rewatch the Planet of the Apes trilogy.... They're so good man. I know they're highly reviewed but I think they're wildly underappreciated and discussed. I think it's one of the best trilogies of all time. All three movies are good for different reasons. Even the first one which is the weakest of the three is still a really solid movie

I am furious how the new one is.. I know the early reviews were positive but those aren't official yet but I'm going to see it as soon as I can

I'm goin Thursday night, I will def review ASAP.

The Matt Reeves ones? Been meaning to check them out.

I’ve only seen the original 60’s one, that one holds up quite well

I truly think you're missing out... The first one is solid.... With some really great moments and setting the stage but also has a lot of Easter eggs and is a cute movie on its own. Dawn really steps it up and takes the series to another level and then War completes a Trilogy that has no right being as good as it does. The CGI and acting performances truly blew me away

Back
Top Bottom