Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

so do we have to get in line for these since they drop on saturday i thought they would be easy to walk in and cop but im starting to think otherwise

so do we have to get in line for these since they drop on saturday i thought they would be easy to walk in and cop but im starting to think otherwise

Shocked if lineup is necessary for these. Really shocked... Lets put it this way, I can't see these being more popular or wanted than the SF49ers DT2, so unless they have skyrocketed up the pop charts in the past few months, they should be at least similar to that?? Those were sitting in certain places for quite awhile, and correct me if I am wrong, but still available online even if you look hard enough. Initially, I think these will go quickly to those that have been waiting, but there should be enough to go around if you really put in a little effort. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.. I am awaiting my pair today and will post pics later when I have a moment.

Shocked if lineup is necessary for these. Really shocked... Lets put it this way, I can't see these being more popular or wanted than the SF49ers DT2, so unless they have skyrocketed up the pop charts in the past few months, they should be at least similar to that?? Those were sitting in certain places for quite awhile, and correct me if I am wrong, but still available online even if you look hard enough. Initially, I think these will go quickly to those that have been waiting, but there should be enough to go around if you really put in a little effort. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.. I am awaiting my pair today and will post pics later when I have a moment.

I think he's saying that if he wants to get them on RD, is he going to be stuck lining up for them because he's anticipating a line for the Jordan pack.

I'd say no - just get there a hour after the store opens and the Jordan madness will be done. ...I'd assume you can wait weeks if you wanted even - no need to go there on Sat just to secure your pair, IMO. ...Now, if you just want them that soon, that's a different story.

There probably will be slight uptick in sales because some cats going to grab the Jordans will also pick these up and kill two birds with one stone. But, overall I doubt these will sell out with any quickness, if at all.

I think he's saying that if he wants to get them on RD, is he going to be stuck lining up for them because he's anticipating a line for the Jordan pack.
I'd say no - just get there a hour after the store opens and the Jordan madness will be done. ...I'd assume you can wait weeks if you wanted even - no need to go there on Sat just to secure your pair, IMO. ...Now, if you just want them that soon, that's a different story.
There probably will be slight uptick in sales because some cats going to grab the Jordans will also pick these up and kill two birds with one stone. But, overall I doubt these will sell out with any quickness, if at all.

ok thanks guys

First impressions,

1.As noted previously, a lot of padding is here with the mesh, so I wouldn't think anyone would size .5 down. Either stay true if you like your midfoot snug or size .5 up if you think you need some room around where you lace up.

2. Forgot these have a huarache-like tongue so again, they are more snug than I remember(in fact, I thought I had a pair when I was younger, but I think it was a different turf trainer model)

3. The mesh, the colors, and the material are 8/10. Not quite Trainer SC2 from last year quality, but definitely could be worse.

4. The cut is 5/8-ish- not quite 3/4. Lower and more comfortable than I expected. However, I don't see many people being able to pull the strap excessively and have much strap over the velcro closure a la a trainer 1 classic. If your feet run narrow, expect to close the strap as it would look normally without a foot, but if wide, probably not. Hopefully that makes sense.

5. Overall, I really am glad I got a pair and didn't have to jump through hoops to get 'em. Hopefully the same goes for everyone here who has been waiting. I don't consider this a favorite, but definitely a worthy classic that deserves its due. I will rock 'em once the football season is in full swing with my Retro Mark Duper home jersey.:tongue:

Bryscooplaygrifhold, great info as always.

How close is the aqua on that vintage duper jersey to what we see on these speed turfs? Would they do better to match against the current aqua color on recent apparel? I have a '92 marino white authentic ready to be worn. Having nothing to match my gear since childhood has hurt. So I may just wear them even if they don't match 100%...

nike stores will have these but not sure if it will be first come first served OR twitter rsvp

Finishline tweeted me saying they're not getting them. lol I know they're lying cuz they said this about the Olympics Air More's.

Last edited:
validated with a finishline rep that these are not releasing on the 18th. forgot about the "early" release, a la Olympic Uptempos

Not to scare anyone, but i think these may be on the low side as far as demand is concerned. spoke with a dude in Champs today and he said they only got about 1-2 pairs per size. i'm guessing another shipment will come in before saturday. i hope so at least

shouldve jumped on the opportunity to cop from RCK :smh:

Need to try the black/white pair on so I know what size to cop when the Dolphins drop online. Got a jacked up FootAction rewards code that is "$10 off of any purchase over $50" except the code is taking $50 off instead! lol Plan to grab two pairs of Dolphins for $85 each (have to make two separate orders of course)... would be a nice way to end the summer.

Last edited:
I was going to go TTS on these but I just read a couple of pages and some people said go up a size some say go down, so now I have to go down to the mall and try these beezies on

Talked to a chick from FNL and she said nothing was showing up in their system (even gave her the style code). She went on to say I should check the site on Saturday 8am EST and enter the style code as they "could be available". The only "Air Max" shoes showing up in their system are the Hyperposites.

Back
Top Bottom