Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

Can't believe these are dropping. Going to be a great 2012 year for Nike. Just need to put the volt air bag on the blk/wht cw and we are good.

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Originally Posted by Modus47

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Of course the kids on the other site question whther these are basketball shoes or not...
That must have been me then...
tongue.gif
smokin.gif
yeah I didn't know and yeah I don't see why I couldn't ask that
Shoes looked familiar but back when they released I wasn't into shoes like these at all... Now I like them though

And yes I'm older than 30

I do remember John Wallace wearing these when he played for Syracuse
pimp.gif
Well, as I live in Holland that doesn't really ring a bell and besides, I doubt if these ever released here... Nike wasn't as big then as they are now...
Still, great shoe though, especially that white/blue cw.

nike thinks next year is the end of the world with all these awesome releases comng up, man imma be soooo broke!

Im excited to see these finally being released. the acquisition and releases like this really are a sign of greater things to come. Even doing predominant CWs. i.e. Air Barrages

Will definitely cop the Dan Marino colorway of these joints. Never had them as a kid, but I remember them well.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Of course the kids on the other site question whther these are basketball shoes or not...
tongue.gif
smokin.gif
Shoes looked familiar but back when they released I wasn't into shoes like these at all... Now I like them though

pimp.gif

Ahhh...., can someone school me
whether John Wallece wore them on the basketball court
or he did try playing Football also while still in college and wore them or something?
I only remember him as a basketball player and thus,
just can't think of him wearing this one tho.....
Or, was there other John Wallace played for Syracuse at the time these were out?

Originally Posted by ta2and0

tongue.gif
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

or he did try playing Football also while still in college and wore them or something?
Or, was there other John Wallace played for Syracuse at the time these were out?
He played College Basketball in these.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Was this NT influenced? I have seen threads pop up for years and years about these guys... The time has come?

First of all..... HELL YES!

Now that that's out of the way. Colors better be right or its all for nothing

We need that darker aqua. I don't want "miami beach blue". They might as well make the orange pink, if that's the case.
3881980764_deb74b6c60.jpg

and brighter VOLT like airbag
269345867.jpg

The retro is dying for some POP of color somewhere.. OGs had it.

Sample photos have continually been wrong. So the wait begins to see the real deal.

Those green ones remind me of a Reggie White air pro streak PE he wore for GB in 96', but these take me back to his Eagle days 4 years before that... Like a combination of 3 things here
With Nike taking over the NFL contract, expect to start seeing a lot more focus on Training, including Training from NSW going forward...

As for these two colorways...as far as color goes...they appear very much to be true to the original in person, including the Volt airbag on the Black/White...

JM

^ Thanks JM that makes alot of sense now why many of these models are dropping.

HYPED for the Marino's and DT2s.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Was this NT influenced? I have seen threads pop up for years and years about these guys... The time has come?

We need that darker aqua. I don't want "miami beach blue". They might as well make the orange pink, if that's the case.

Sample photos have continually been wrong. So the wait begins to see the real deal.

Those green ones remind me of a Reggie White air pro streak PE he wore for GB in 96', but these take me back to his Eagle days 4 years before that... Like a combination of 3 things here
With Nike taking over the NFL contract, expect to start seeing a lot more focus on Training, including Training from NSW going forward...

As for these two colorways...as far as color goes...they appear very much to be true to the original in person, including the Volt airbag on the Black/White...

JM
I never thought of that NFL angle. That is some great news.

Maybe a re-retro of the barry sanders zoom turfs?
Maybe the brett favre turf jets?
eek.gif

Air Missions... Pro Streaks? Air Bus? Maybe a new breed performance high top turf trainer? Everything now is really low cut or mid cut.

I just hope they dont forget the origins of cross trainers.. 2012 marks the 25th anniversary of the at1s. I sat at home a few nights ago performing surgery on almost every one of my 2000 at1 chlorophylls. They've all be relegated to casual use only.

It's kind of funny how I rambled on about how these likely dont have the correct outsole for court usage, and then we had John Wallace defy all odds (much like that Arizona player in the Griffey Fury Maxes)
238268.jpg

Originally Posted by ta2and0

pimp.gif

He played College Basketball in these.

Thanks, GL!! Never knew that.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

JM

Is there any chance that Nike starts to make sig shoes for some of the star NFL players. I think its long over due
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom