Oh Snap....Im going to dinner w/ my girls Mom AND her friend..Tips???

First off, my girl is white (im black)...we've been dating for about a year now, and its time to meet her mom and her mothers friend (her mother is in townfor the weekend). At first it was going to be just dinner w/ her mother, but then her friend invited herself...so now its going to be my girl, her mom, andher mothers friend.

I never been nervous about meeting parents before, but im nervous about tonight. Its not even like we are kids (im were both 26), but I hope she doesnt grillme. My girl says her mom is mad cool, but the race thing gives me a little nerves...Im paranoid they are thinking crazy things

How do yall handle these situations?

I'm only 20, but growing up latino in a predominantly black area, I dealt with this a lot. Just aim for common ground. Don't do anything that will setyou apart or cause them to pose any sort of stereotype/bad judgment. That's the first step to establishing a healthy relationship with parents. Show themthat you're perfectly fine for their daughter. Like they say, first impressions mean a lot. You're 26 so I'm sure you know how to act. But in caseyou don't, stay calm. She's not gonna come out swingin' because of your skin color. The worst thing you could do is start buggin' out andexpecting the worst. Instead, use that time to figure out your approach. And try to be more articulate than usual.
smokin.gif

you'll be fine if you can get comfortable early with em

dont say anything outlandish, dont try and control every convo

word 2 retroJtino find that common ground

manners

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Wow...how the Hell did you get in this sitcom like situation?
laugh.gif
you dont even know...I was thinking the same thing
frown.gif

my lady said her moms friend is blunt...her mom said that she will make her behave.

the hell am I walking into? the fact that someone has to tell this lady to behave has me worried....im bout to watch a Obama debate for some inspiration

edit: and to top it off, I havent been able to get to the barbershop in a minute (been sick and busy)...so im rocking the curly fro right now...lookin like imbout to start singing "and im gonna miss everybody, and im gonna miss everybody"

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

edit: and to top it off, I havent been able to get to the barbershop in a minute (been sick and busy)...so im rocking the curly fro right now...lookin like im bout to start singing "and im gonna miss everybody, and im gonna miss everybody"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Wow...how the Hell did you get in this sitcom like situation?
laugh.gif
you dont even know...I was thinking the same thing
frown.gif

my lady said her moms friend is blunt...her mom said that she will make her behave.

the hell am I walking into? the fact that someone has to tell this lady to behave has me worried....im bout to watch a Obama debate for some inspiration

edit: and to top it off, I havent been able to get to the barbershop in a minute (been sick and busy)...so im rocking the curly fro right now...lookin like im bout to start singing "and im gonna miss everybody, and im gonna miss everybody"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

maybe I should just get wasted and act a fool
pimp.gif

whip it out, word to mandingo

but seriously, just be yourself and dont try to bs and be someone youre not. and try not to be nervous, or at least dont show it, it would be awkward if youwere sweating and shaking

Back
Top Bottom