OK...lets talk about the age of consent. What is considered, "underaged?"

sillyputty

Banned
So apparently there is a documentary that this guy made that might challenge some of what we think of as a "accepted" doctrine or socially "preferred" rules when it comes to relationships under the age of 18.

I thought the conversation was interesting...

What do you all think about the topic?

Should the age be raised or lowered? Would lowering it encourage more sex abuse? Should it be based on biological limits or based on hardline legal limits?

For example, a lot of researchshows that drinking alcohol before 18/21 can cause problems with neurological development...so there is some science behind it.

I know its taboo but how do you feel about it?

5d32517e4ab2c3a799ef214cd9401b049a2c47c.gif

I don't think it should be lowered but there should be at least some sort of exception like if you're 18 with a 17 year old.

I consider it 18 regardless of what the video said. Personally, if I'm interested in a female and find out she's younger than 18, I lose nearly all interest.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

what do you think?

I can't think of a reason to LOWER the age... Thats for damn sure.
I just think its crazy that kids can go to jail over it though.

I think the problem is with our approach to sex education...not the hardline age of consent itself.

I also wish it was more streamlined. Different states have different ages of consent for different things. 

some people in here are going to get a knock on their door tomorrow.
da feds b watchin
nerd.gif

16+ so i can take this slim chick with a phatty from her man.

i think if you're within 3-4 years over the age of say 16 they should just chalk it up to a light slap on the wrists and nothing more.

it can ruin lives but thena gain I only mess with people my age.

also: old enough to cross the street. old enough to get hit.

Anybody seen the The Dancing Boys Of Afghanistan documentary? It's like a present day Rome with the Men and young boys. Sad.

I was developed at like 11 knew girls that had video vixen bodies since they were 10. Just cuz you look ready doesn't mean you're mentally/emotionally ready.

I do see the confusion tho when maybe a senior in HS is dating a sophmore in HS. Of course they are at different maturity levels but at the same time they aren't THAT much different. Stat. rape is such a sticky situation.

I was developed at like 11 knew girls that had video vixen bodies since they were 10. Just cuz you look ready doesn't mean you're mentally/emotionally ready.

I do see the confusion tho when maybe a senior in HS is dating a sophmore in HS. Of course they are at different maturity levels but at the same time they aren't THAT much different. Stat. rape is such a sticky situation.

My feelings on the matter are this:

I agree with the age of consent being set at 16 and up (it's 16 in Minnesota.) I feel like at that age you know whether or not you want to have sex. I think that where people get messed up are with sexual education (the lack thereof,) and not knowing how to choose their partners wisely. I think it's insane that there is a definite realization that teens are engaging in sex, and yet, we as a society allow this "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy when it comes to sexual education. By the time you've reached that age, you've made a decision about sex, and learning how to properly put on a condom is not going to change that (but that's another topic for another time...)

My only gripe with the current law is that a lot of guys get caught up when it's not even their fault. They go to the club or something, meet a girl that they think are of age (Not considering the possibility of a fake ID,) smash, and then get caught up because the girl lied about her age. Someone I know got knocked for that. Now he's a registered sex offender for getting topped off by a 15 year old with a fake ID who told him that she was 19.
indifferent.gif
I know it's hard to regulate something like that, but I can't help but think that the system needs some reform in that regard.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

I was developed at like 11 
Proof? 
glasses.gif

i'm sorry i don't have any pics of me at 11 available at the moment...

Originally Posted by Yeah

My feelings on the matter are this:

I agree with the age of consent being set at 16 and up (it's 16 in Minnesota.) I feel like at that age you know whether or not you want to have sex. I think that where people get messed up are with sexual education (the lack thereof,) and not knowing how to choose their partners wisely. I think it's insane that there is a definite realization that teens are engaging in sex, and yet, we as a society allow this "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy when it comes to sexual education. By the time you've reached that age, you've made a decision about sex, and learning how to properly put on a condom is not going to change that (but that's another topic for another time...)

My only gripe with the current law is that a lot of guys get caught up when it's not even their fault. They go to the club or something, meet a girl that they think are of age (Not considering the possibility of a fake ID,) smash, and then get caught up because the girl lied about her age. Someone I know got knocked for that. Now he's a registered sex offender for getting topped off by a 15 year old with a fake ID who told him that she was 19.
indifferent.gif
I know it's hard to regulate something like that, but I can't help but think that the system needs some reform in that regard.

one of my brothers friends got  hit w/this at the beginning of the year...very unfortunate and I'm glad my brother wasn't w/him...hopefully everything works in dudes favor...

if there is proof shorty lied about her age all charges should be dropped immediately and she should be fined...you don't play w/people's lives like that

Originally Posted by cap1229

Anybody seen the The Dancing Boys Of Afghanistan documentary? It's like a present day Rome with the Men and young boys. Sad.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Looks like you don't know what Rome was like.

Back
Top Bottom