Old school member needing help: New ball shoes vs. old school

I've been playing in the KD2s for the past year or so, and they're great.  I'm 6'2" 215, and they were fine.  The Kobe V's were too narrow for me, but they might be worth a look as well.

... I don't mean to sound offensive to OP.  But how does someone "leave the game" and come back to it? I tried quitting so many times but coming back to NT and other sneaker sites is like an itch.  Especially going to malls, I have to hit up a sneaker store to see what they got out. 

To say that you've left the game temporarily and coming back and not knowing what's out in the market sounds like you've gone to another country where they don't sell sneakers.  And that you're completely closed out. 

Anyhow to answer your questions:

- sneaker quality is not as durable as it was before
- uptempo 97 and MORE has recently been retroed and you can take a look into those
- Lebron 8's are promising
- should definitely give Kobe V's a try
- Air Jordan 2010 has full length zoom (bottom-loaded) which is unlike previous zoom-cushioned shoes where the zoom is directly under the sockliner.  Bottom-loaded is right underneath the sole of the shoe.  And they're at Nike outlets everywhere. 

... I don't mean to sound offensive to OP.  But how does someone "leave the game" and come back to it? I tried quitting so many times but coming back to NT and other sneaker sites is like an itch.  Especially going to malls, I have to hit up a sneaker store to see what they got out. 

To say that you've left the game temporarily and coming back and not knowing what's out in the market sounds like you've gone to another country where they don't sell sneakers.  And that you're completely closed out. 

Anyhow to answer your questions:

- sneaker quality is not as durable as it was before
- uptempo 97 and MORE has recently been retroed and you can take a look into those
- Lebron 8's are promising
- should definitely give Kobe V's a try
- Air Jordan 2010 has full length zoom (bottom-loaded) which is unlike previous zoom-cushioned shoes where the zoom is directly under the sockliner.  Bottom-loaded is right underneath the sole of the shoe.  And they're at Nike outlets everywhere. 

The Rose's defintitely are a top-tier shoe, on par with any Nike's out right now, and they do have a Nike Alpha-like feel to them with all of the differetn innovaitons and tech tied into them. However, the cushioning is very minimal and may not be enough to take stress off of any bad joints you have (although I have a completely rebuilt ankle and they work for me). Hyperfuses are very nice, even without Zoom in the heel they work wonders, very good fit, forefoot Zoom is some of the most responsive this year, and they are very stable. Check out the CP3.III also. Pretty cheap with the IV coming out and they were a very under-rated shoe last year.

The Rose's defintitely are a top-tier shoe, on par with any Nike's out right now, and they do have a Nike Alpha-like feel to them with all of the differetn innovaitons and tech tied into them. However, the cushioning is very minimal and may not be enough to take stress off of any bad joints you have (although I have a completely rebuilt ankle and they work for me). Hyperfuses are very nice, even without Zoom in the heel they work wonders, very good fit, forefoot Zoom is some of the most responsive this year, and they are very stable. Check out the CP3.III also. Pretty cheap with the IV coming out and they were a very under-rated shoe last year.

I'm 6' 2", 218. I'm like you I love the alpha project.  I play in my Pippen IV's ,"carbon fiber" Alpholution's, Flight lite low's, or the Air Maestro's. Not much difference, I got hairline fractures in both ankles and plantar fasciitis. Beware of all flywire and huaraches, they don't help......On another note, take ibuprofen before you play if you don't already.

I'm 6' 2", 218. I'm like you I love the alpha project.  I play in my Pippen IV's ,"carbon fiber" Alpholution's, Flight lite low's, or the Air Maestro's. Not much difference, I got hairline fractures in both ankles and plantar fasciitis. Beware of all flywire and huaraches, they don't help......On another note, take ibuprofen before you play if you don't already.

Lebron soldier IV's are good solid basketball shoes and from what i have been hearing the 8's are even better. Go to a store and try them out.

Lebron soldier IV's are good solid basketball shoes and from what i have been hearing the 8's are even better. Go to a store and try them out.

Foamposites might be a shot too, I would stick with KD line or Kobes for lightness and stability

Foamposites might be a shot too, I would stick with KD line or Kobes for lightness and stability

Lebro iv are good I had some . full length zoom with foamposite upper. Be aware they run big. They were a little wide for me. Lebro 6 r good to

Lebro iv are good I had some . full length zoom with foamposite upper. Be aware they run big. They were a little wide for me. Lebro 6 r good to

haha...yeah, i def did leave for 7 years. I started racing downhill mountain bikes, which is another extremely expensive sport. My race bike is a bit over 6k, my freeride bike is 4k, and my dirt jumper is 2k. Problem is I just get hurt so badly while biking. It's really the same feeling. Biking and basketball for me are just a calming activity.

Dude! i loved the ultraflights! i remember i wore tested a pair and nearly didn't send them back. Those and vis zoom uptempos were my fav to play in

I think i may actually grab a new pair of kobes and lebrons and give them a try. it just sucks bc living in utah their aren't a ton of good shoe places. i guess when i head back to chicago for the holidays i'll probably have to get a few pairs to bring back.

haha...yeah, i def did leave for 7 years. I started racing downhill mountain bikes, which is another extremely expensive sport. My race bike is a bit over 6k, my freeride bike is 4k, and my dirt jumper is 2k. Problem is I just get hurt so badly while biking. It's really the same feeling. Biking and basketball for me are just a calming activity.

Dude! i loved the ultraflights! i remember i wore tested a pair and nearly didn't send them back. Those and vis zoom uptempos were my fav to play in

I think i may actually grab a new pair of kobes and lebrons and give them a try. it just sucks bc living in utah their aren't a ton of good shoe places. i guess when i head back to chicago for the holidays i'll probably have to get a few pairs to bring back.

The huge knock I always have with Lebron's sig line is that aside from the AZGs-III, they're way too bulky for me. I like a solid shoe but they're way too heavy and bulky for me. That's why I can't play in most Max Air shoes.

The huge knock I always have with Lebron's sig line is that aside from the AZGs-III, they're way too bulky for me. I like a solid shoe but they're way too heavy and bulky for me. That's why I can't play in most Max Air shoes.

^thats weird because I have heard the Hyperfuses are kinda trash.

I think that Kobe is gonna be way too low for you if you need more ankle support than braces.

The Soldier III's are crazy lightweight and have great zoom cushioning.

Good luck!

^thats weird because I have heard the Hyperfuses are kinda trash.

I think that Kobe is gonna be way too low for you if you need more ankle support than braces.

The Soldier III's are crazy lightweight and have great zoom cushioning.

Good luck!

That's funny - I was the Footwear Product Test Coordinator back then, so I was the person sending you shoes and paperwork.
laugh.gif

You should try the Air Zoom MVP.  It's very light and the collar comes right to the ankle bone.  I've been playing in these for several months and I'm 6'7" / 265.

41wLvQ36fSL.jpg

That's funny - I was the Footwear Product Test Coordinator back then, so I was the person sending you shoes and paperwork.
laugh.gif

You should try the Air Zoom MVP.  It's very light and the collar comes right to the ankle bone.  I've been playing in these for several months and I'm 6'7" / 265.

41wLvQ36fSL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom