OLD SKOOL San Francisco/Daly City

^^^ yeah, i've been around a bit. lol

funny to hear dude just mention A&W. i was cruising to my g-pa's 90th b-day dinner on Sunday and just saw the A&W over in Millbrae on El Camino. The one they used to have at Westlake was dope. Me+my boy used to bike over there sometimes for rootbeer floats & onion rings back in the day.

btw, i liked Toto's pizza too.

and if y'all think Matthew's "Top of the Hill" Daly City is taking it way back, what any of you know about Pacific Stereo on Geary St? (something else is there now)

and you can't bring up OG graff/taggers w/out mentioning Jamz. that fool killed EVERYTHING around SF.

HIPPO'S was a good OG grub spot in SF too. their burgers were hella good. one of my aunts used to take me there and then to Northpoint Theater on my b-day. my moms almost flipped out the year she found out my aunt took me to see Flashdance. lol
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

For $ALE: ~Deadstock/Brand NEW~ NIKES+JORDAN Retros Sz 9.5-10 in The Bay

Quote:
and you can't bring up OG graff/taggers w/out mentioning Jamz. that fool killed EVERYTHING around SF.
the A small, the R bigger and then do M's all the way down the side of the bus getting bigger and bigger, man I wish i took more flicks when i was younger of that stuff. for awhile Prod DF, had the front of almost every buss in SF, that guy killed it!!! The good old days when you could just walk into the yards and crush them for hours!!!

How about back in the late 80's when embarcadero was the spot to be for Skaters. Or the half pipe in Hunter's point or the Hunter's Point Dish, that was way before stake parks .
You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

what about dougs on mission. that was the spot for ultra, mini ultras, ink, fat caps etc...
all this talk bout tagging makes me want to get my marker and crush muni :lol:
laugh.gif

im surprised no one mentioned any of my old crews. we used to bomb the city. FY, GF, HNR, RTM, CSC. we used to kill muni among other things.
yo does anyone know where i can get any ultras from? i just want one to put on my shelf for memories.

^^Ultra's are pretty easy to come across, most graff shops and graff internet sites sell them. What is hard to find are Mini's. I've heard that they literially broke the mold and can no longer make these which sucks because Mini's were better then ultras. I still have a few of each of the OG models. The new ultra's are blue, not grey like the old school ones were...

I was just about to bring up Dug's on Mission. I remember going to the back of the store and buying my first ultras and caps.
Don't forget Awol TMC. Besides UB40, I think he was also one of my first recollections of taggers. UB40 STILL got a tag up near Lake Merced/SFSU :rofl:
roll.gif
. Awol JUST got buffed on 19th near Stern Grove a few months back :lol:
laugh.gif
I'll admit, I use to be somewhat of a toy, but I knew who was up and where.
I see you RTM- remember you guys battling STM.
Clubs?! Who remembers Club Mirage over there by the Gift Center? Didn't Glen Aurey use to spin there?

^^^ LMAO I remember the Mirage... LOL How about the Palladium, Johnny Love's, DV8, Pierce St Annex, The X, Raves at 16th and Harrison, The Edge in Palo Alto for $2 tuesdays.... aggghh the good old days!!!!

Talkin about DJ's how about Cameron Paul, dude had a dope *** recording studio in his basement, he used to like 5 houses down from me in Belmont.

Quote:
I see you RTM- remember you guys battling STM
s. then u got 8 or 9 people writing their names and crossing the ones out that they just put up. or better yet, going on late night hypes and just bombing the city. and if u get caught with cans or markers all u have to say to the police was that u were heading to pysco city, and half the time thell let u go :lol:
laugh.gif
i miss those days

Only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the Toys R Us that use to be in S.F that was replaced by bed bath & beyond (I think that may be gone also). I remember going down there to buy a game gear for my birthday but they didn't have any >:
mad.gif
:frown:
frown.gif

I also remember "The Jungle" being in that location also on the top floor.
To lazy to make a new sig

What about Toys R Us in Colma? Damn I always took my nephew to those pokemon leagues! Or when the Power Rangers showed up there, I had to wait with him for 2 hours just to spend money to buy those freakin figures!

THere is one place I hope people can remember and if so please mention it because I can't find anyone that remember this place

DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER in serramonte mall where payless is at right now, that used to be a arcade room. Does anyone remember this, I remember going in there and it was filled with arcades but I don't remember the name I don't even think it had a name it was across the McDOanlds. Well hopefully someone will remember

suprised nobodys mentioned the arcade at the cliff house...

and theres an A&W on el camino?!?! jesus...i know where im going tomorrow...
...word

The Jungle in SF is where I used to have my parties. don;t think it is there anymore. And to whomever who said Discovery Zone, it used to be where Mikasa is now.

Quote:
Classic Bowling Center was just a parking lot for QFI......

Record Factory which is now Drug Barn in Colma......

Launch Pad in Serramonte......as well as Merry-Go-Round, Oaktree, & Dejaiz....who remembers rockin I.O.U. sweaters??? HaHa.....
:lol:
laugh.gif
ebay Auctions To Come...​

Wasn't Record Factory the place where you could open up the cd's and listen to them? My bro told me about this like it was around the DC Library or something. And the Bowling alley was in Westlake Apartments right?
Sports:Sabercats:XVI-XVIII-
NFL 49Ers: XVI,XIX,XXIII,XXIV,XXIX
DC UNITED: 96-97-99-04 Team Mexico Concacaf 65 71 77 93 96 98 03
Pistons: 84 90 04 GSW:75-47-56 SPURS-99-03-05

Quote:
Wasn't Record Factory the place where you could open up the cd's and listen to them

the only store that i know that let u do that is blockbuster music. they were across from sizzler and target in colma or is it dc? i forget what is there now, a art store or something?

quote:

^^Ultra's are pretty easy to come across, most graff shops and graff internet sites sell them. What is hard to find are Mini's. I've heard that they literially broke the mold and can no longer make these which sucks because Mini's were better then ultras. I still have a few of each of the OG models. The new ultra's are blue, not grey like the old school ones were...

--------------------------------

ed, you didn't hear. some of the older cats have been planning on making replicas true to the originals.
www.districtfootwear.com

^^^ Keyword... "planning" LOL I've been hearing about people wanting to make the mini's and ultras for 2-3 years now and have yet to see anyone actually act on it. I was even willing to give one of my mini's up for the cause for the mold but again nothing has happened...

There is a guy on ebay selling mini's and they sell for between $30-$75... I can't believe people will pay that much for them...But then again it is one of the dopest marker ever!!!

Quote:
Xmas carnival on the roof of the OG Emporium on Market St.

i remenber this.My mom would take me every year when i was younger it made xmas better even though we didnt have money for really any gifts.

Im only 18 about to be 19 and i remenber alot of these places.

some stores where i bought my vinyl...

The Record Factory on Market & Church
Soul Disco on 15th & Market ran by OG Bobby G
The Record Finder on Noe & Market
The Record Rack on 18th & Sanchez
Ron's Records...later Vera's Vinyl on Market
Reckless Records on Haight
Star Records in Hayes Valley (the cover of the 1st DJ Shadow shows the inside)
Aquarius Records and Streetlight Records on 24th & Noe
Zebra Records in the Haight
Spundae Records in the Haight
Cue's Record Shop in Daly City
BPM Music in Hayes Valley

Creative Music in the Excelsior

Do It For The Strong,We Do It For The Meek​
Boomin' In Your,Boomin' In Your,Boomin' In Your Jeep...​

Back
Top Bottom