OLD TIRES SOLD AS NEW BLOW UP. CHECK YOUR TIRES!

this is basically identical to copping OG DS nikes that becomes too old to wear for daily use, except this has to do with high speed and

potential lives being loss..da worst that can happen when a old sneaker cracks and blows out is a lil embarrassment and walking home barefoot.

:lol: sound comparison i guess

this is basically identical to copping OG DS nikes that becomes too old to wear for daily use, except this has to do with high speed and

potential lives being loss..da worst that can happen when a old sneaker cracks and blows out is a lil embarrassment and walking home barefoot.

not really because when you buy OG DS nikes you already know what you're getting and what year they're from

when you cop new tires you're under the impression they're brand new from 2012 not from 2005 and just have never been used

I was a victim of this. My front-divers side tire literally exploded even though the tires were new. I had just gotten off the highway as well, if I was on the highway when it happened I don't know where I'd be right now

Good stuff. Government need to do their research and if true, need to enforce that old tires have an expiration date. Also, need to make it mandatory that the date be printed on the outside of the tire.

yo put the word out when you can to whoever man. i threw this on fb but it got overlooked easily as another random vid on a newsfeed.

Mine are 0312, discounttire.com is the truth with the $100 rebate with the purchase of 4 was
pimp.gif

Go to your local hood tire shop to get them installed and aligned for under $20.

my mom has 1 tire that is made in 2001 or something...idk why its just one.

my pops' two rear tires are prolly dumb old since the age isn't on the outer sidewall. prolly on the inside and they stopped printing it there years ago.

>D

Last edited:
Interesting some compared tires to sneakers...subconsciously letting us know the truth

Interesting some compared tires to sneakers...subconsciously letting us know the truth

yea i mean Ubiq in philly i know for a fact that they sell vintage sneakers. im talkin shoes that are over 20 or 30 yrs old. But they sell em at vintage prices..same money could be used to by a new xbox. They do say these shoes are not for wearing (key diff from these old tires sold as functionally new), but imo that just makes it a huge waste of money.

not really because when you buy OG DS nikes you already know what you're getting and what year they're from

when you cop new tires you're under the impression they're brand new from 2012 not from 2005 and just have never been used
before da internet blew up sneaker collecting and culture, it wasn't uncommon to go to a sporting goods store thats been

at da same spot for a good 15-20 years and them still have real old kicks just lying around they would sell you.

nike before they cracked down on it, allowed you return nike kicks up to 4 years after you bought them, as long as you had a receipt from da store,

and it didn't even matter if they dropped 4 years ago or not, so every now and then you can imagine ol' gramps throwin on a pair of pegasus he thinks

they're brand new to run in only for them to disintegrate and him demanding a refund or exchange.

http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/...Preparing+for+and+Defending+Tire+Aging+Claims

found sort of an update. gives reasons why the US still hasn't regulated this. NHTSA still hasn't found a test to conclude the exact point of expiration of a tire, and they have been testing for 3yrs now. Damn.

3 yrs tho? and nothing still? 20 yr old sneakers can't be safe to run in for similar reasons u shouldn't drive on 10 yr old tires, in 3 yrs u would think they can come up with some scientific evidence. the video report does call out experiments that heavily suggest that aged tires will have u catching an L on the freeway.

also, BUMP...

But what are they suppose to do with old unused tires? wouldnt they recycle them anyway?

But what are they suppose to do with old unused tires? wouldnt they recycle them anyway?

did a quick search..

The good news is that 80.4 percent of scrap tires in the United States are being reclaimed in various ways. In 2003, the reclamation statistics looked like this:

130 million tires were used as fuel
56 million tires were recycled or used in civil engineering projects
27.5 million tires were recycled into other products or projects; for example, rubber lumber, stall mats for horses, roof pads, sports mats, shower tiles, truck bed mats, and commercial flooring
12 million tires were ground up and used in rubber-modified asphalt for roads and athletic tracks
9 million tires were sent to other countries, where they are used to make retreads (although the United States cannot guarantee they are used in this manner)
In addition to the 290 million scrap tires, 16.5 million used tires are given new temporary life as retreads. Eventually these tires will be disposed of as well.

Why not make new tires from the old? Because of safety issues, new tires must be manufactured primarily from virgin rubber, with recycled rubber making up only 5 to 15 percent of the finished product. That leaves much scrap rubber for other uses, as noted above.

http://www.volunteerguide.org/hours/service-projects/used-tires

Back
Top Bottom