Old washed Supreme Thread vol. LOCK IT UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna know how this is considered ART????

You take a Cross and stick it in piss and snap a pic and that's art???

1st the Snow guy with the Piss tee n Saddam, now this! :smh:
Dash snow also did graffiti. Which is still all over NYC

I think people forget that the end of the day Supreme is still a skate shop and will release whatever they want. To me to be considered art the piece need to provokes thought and discussion and leave an impression on ones self. This piece does that whether or not its a positive one or negative one.

I think people forget that the end of the day Supreme is still a skate shop and will release whatever they want. To me to be considered art the piece need to provokes thought and discussion and leave an impression on ones self. This piece does that whether or not its a positive one or negative one.
What's your take on this piece ?

anything is art..u can crumble a piece of paper and call it art..look at Andy Warhol ..his stuff was complete crap..yet labeled as 'art' worth millions

anything is art..u can crumble a piece of paper and call it art..look at Andy Warhol ..his stuff was complete crap..yet labeled as 'art' worth millions
Andy Warhol made some cool pieces

you can't compare him to this!

art is definitely subjective..and I'm a big fan of classics/old school/abstract/impressionism/etc ..but could never get into that pop art era..idk Warhol just seemed unimaginative or inspired and
was popular..not to sound like I'm hating..his work was extremely flat to me

art is definitely subjective..and I'm a big fan of classics/old school/abstract/impressionism/etc ..but could never get into that pop art era..idk Warhol just seemed unimaginative or inspired and
was popular..not to sound like I'm hating..his work was extremely flat to me
box logos are pop art

It's not even how the items look though. It's strictly the names imo. Before I saw the name of the B and S stuff I thought it was just some funky tie die. Or the cross tee just looked yellow to me but I didn't think piss. Once I see the name and connect it to the image it's all over.

Side note: some one needs to get hydrated and start drinking that agua on a more regular basis cause that's too yellow. :sick::nerd:

Had to spray rust-oleum on my quiet carry; joint started rubbing out after a day :smh:

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/08/arts/review-art-andres-serrano-provocation-and-spirituality.html

Snow's history is so intertwined with Supreme's that the collab wasn't at all surprising. Serrano's body of work is really phenomenal, and while there is an element of provocation to it, I think it engages on a deeper level.

R you a Writer for the NY Times??
Didn't know NT had Art heads in here!!
:nerd:
That's not my review, but I included a link to it to give a sense of how these pieces originally shocked and were received.

And while I'm not on staff at the NY Times, some of my writing and photography have appeared in the paper over the years, primarily that related to books and art, which are probably the two most important things to me.

That's not my review, but I included a link to it to give a sense of how these pieces originally shocked and were received.

And while I'm not on staff at the NY Times, some of my writing and photography have appeared in the paper over the years, primarily that related to books and art, which are probably the two most important things to me.

I can tell, You speak/type it well

Diff choice in words, which most people wouldn't use to describe art

:emoji_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom