Older Niker Talkers 30+

turned 32 this past April. Crazy how fast time flies...

I remember stumbling on NT via air-jordans.com. anyone else remember that site? one of the first sites you could see every colorway of every model? the pictures were horrible though. i also remember the background of the site being blue.

Im on my 3rd Sn... been here since " 99 inna 2000"

31 btw... NT has changed over the past few years, i used to be on here all the time but now i just come on once or twice a day... most of the OG dudes are gone..

30 here. Time's have definitely changed since I first joined NT. Back then we had a forum just for XI's lol.

Yall still browsin on netscape or using those free aol disks?

Youre tellin me there is something newer than AOL dial up? So i dont have to wait for it sign on anymore and get disconnected when someone else in the house picks up the phone :nerd:

Maybe thats why im never able to snag the new releases on Saturday morning

NEXT youll be telling me that they have smaller cellular phones than this:

View media item 1217759

Last edited:
I thought prodigy was still the cutting edge internet software..
laugh.gif

33 here haven't been here that long, I think I had an older sn on the other boards but lost all that info. Realized man age yesterday when I saw the nike.com restock and looked at the shoes and actually got a pair I wanted in my cart and was ready to pay for it. Calculated the cost and if I really needed them. Looked at the screen for 3 min and just shut down my browser, my younger days I would have bought them with no hesitation or thought about it. I'd rather spend that money on my 4 year old son now.

Last edited:
31--joined in 2006, lurked since 2004 I believe.

Still have a decent sized collection, 200+ pairs, but most of them are just sitting in boxes collecting dust or crumbling due to age.

Been meaning to re-up on my eBay sales, just haven't found the time.

Haven't copped a new release in ages. To be honest, I can't even properly identify real or fake Jordan's anymore because I don't know anything about what has been rereleased and what new weird color ways they are using these days.

Still got the passion, but mainly for older joints. My favorite kicks get rocked all the time, not sure if 'beat heat' is a term that is still used, but I always copped to rock and love wearing my favorite pairs out and about. They get creases and get dirty and get worn out, but all of that occurs with use and is okay with me.

I need to holler @ some of these cats doing sneaker cleaning/restorations, got a grip of joints that need the soles reglued or midsoles swapped out. I would much rather pay for restoring pairs I own, love, and most importantly rock....than copping something newer that is just okay and would probably never see the light of day. Copped a bunch of stuff in my life I just sort of liked and a lot of them joints never got rocked. Flipped a bunch, still need to flip others.

I used to visit the various shoe forums on NT, I even used to buy and sell on here. However, nowadays I am solely lurking in General, finding some lulz and some interesting posts every now and then.

Priorities change with age, but I still get excited when I see someone rocking OG heat. Had some older heads talk to me this past weekend while I was rocking my yellowed and faded OG I's. We talked about when the dunk contest meant something and how MJ and Dominique used to dazzle back in they days of short shorts and landlines.

Much respect to the other older cats still here. The youth can have all these new releases, while we take comfort and pride in our shoes that have stories and meanings that go along with them.

Back
Top Bottom