Older Niker Talkers 30+

Just turned 44 last week. Been a member for over 5 years but I had been a watcher since the early days of Yuku servers. It's been a fun hobby but I've reached a point that it's time to move a lot of the shoes and have already started. Been selling a bit of my DS shoes that are in the collection. Going to send another 6-10 this week hopefully. Want to get rid of most of my collection but keep my top 50 or so shoes and off the rest. Though I will still go after the particular retro Jordan release (Fire Red 4 coming up and Carmine 6 next year). And anything Agassi will be had. But for the most part, the impulse buying is over.

Just turned 44 last week. Been a member for over 5 years but I had been a watcher since the early days of Yuku servers. It's been a fun hobby but I've reached a point that it's time to move a lot of the shoes and have already started. Been selling a bit of my DS shoes that are in the collection. Going to send another 6-10 this week hopefully. Want to get rid of most of my collection but keep my top 50 or so shoes and off the rest. Though I will still go after the particular retro Jordan release (Fire Red 4 coming up and Carmine 6 next year). And anything Agassi will be had. But for the most part, the impulse buying is over.

What platform are you using to sell your collection? Ebay?

What platform are you using to sell your collection? Ebay?

I'll use Ebay for the ones I've barely worn. For my DS shoes, I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't really have a problem with StockX. Sold a pair of DS AllStar VIs (the chameleon pair) and the money I would clear was fair. I got a few pairs of DS Jordan 1s that I really don't want to sell (Storm Blues, All Star Chameleon 1s, and maybe even Spiderman 1s) but if I did, the $$$ people have already put out there is too good to turn away sometimes.

The barely worn pairs, I'll try GOAT. I got that crappy Jordan 1 Chicago from 2013. Worn 1 time for 2 hours and my feet killed. They cleaned up perfect so maybe I'll post them there. Or maybe I'll email the shop in California. They give good $$ for shoes. Just gotta pay shipping to get them there. But overall, I need to move on.

I'll always love sneakers, and will buy a pair here and there, but I really couldn't keep doing what I was doing. I'd rather have the space in my garage (I have those metal adjustable restaurant shelves in my garage which is half the 1st floor of my townhouse. So temp is regulated and it's dark, so no sun or heat get in) for the cars in there and such. Maybe I'll post a few things here (worn 1x 2001 Cool Grey XI). But things gonna go soon.

I'll use Ebay for the ones I've barely worn. For my DS shoes, I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't really have a problem with StockX. Sold a pair of DS AllStar VIs (the chameleon pair) and the money I would clear was fair. I got a few pairs of DS Jordan 1s that I really don't want to sell (Storm Blues, All Star Chameleon 1s, and maybe even Spiderman 1s) but if I did, the $$$ people have already put out there is too good to turn away sometimes.

The barely worn pairs, I'll try GOAT. I got that crappy Jordan 1 Chicago from 2013. Worn 1 time for 2 hours and my feet killed. They cleaned up perfect so maybe I'll post them there. Or maybe I'll email the shop in California. They give good $$ for shoes. Just gotta pay shipping to get them there. But overall, I need to move on.

I'll always love sneakers, and will buy a pair here and there, but I really couldn't keep doing what I was doing. I'd rather have the space in my garage (I have those metal adjustable restaurant shelves in my garage which is half the 1st floor of my townhouse. So temp is regulated and it's dark, so no sun or heat get in) for the cars in there and such. Maybe I'll post a few things here (worn 1x 2001 Cool Grey XI). But things gonna go soon.

Thanks for the breakdown as I'm looking to unload my collection soon also.

As an essential worker and having to go into the office it's a sad sight seeing how the downtown Seattle area looks these days in Pioneer Square, International District, Westlake etc. with all the homelessness, tent cities and boarded up businesses.

does NT regions still do summits? **** would be low key 🔥 for the old heads ... 😐
Geez....😂

love sneakers but aint meeting up with no dude from a internet forum to hang outside with another grown man over the“love of sneakers” (im aware alotta dudes movingon that time of time on this website though..new found friendships lol ), something went left in life

Geez....😂

love sneakers but aint meeting up with no dude from a internet forum to hang outside with another grown man over the“love of sneakers” (im aware alotta dudes movingon that time of time on this website though..new found friendships lol ), something went left in life

gotta have an open mind bruh. Not a bad thing to meet new people in general. To each his own though .

Geez....😂

I hear you but i don't think its to that extent where its expected that a lifetime relationship is formed. I can see a group of folks with common interests just shootin the ****.

Lets be real, some of us have "known" each other for years or even decades. We have somewhat of an idea of how certain people will be like in real life.

With that being said, im with you on keeping relationships strictly on nt :lol:

Some of yall wear shoes inside houses and dont push back shopping carts.

As an essential worker and having to go into the office it's a sad sight seeing how the downtown Seattle area looks these days in Pioneer Square, International District, Westlake etc. with all the homelessness, tent cities and boarded up businesses.

It’s crazy - was down there for the first time since March and it was eye opening.

:lol: yeah I remember that.

Coming through with the most elaborate sig, avy and custom emojis, but back then they were “emoticons”.

Don't know if it was said, but when Marvel hit and everyone was choosing a hero or villain....someone was making moving gifs for peoples avys. Think it was killing the site so they had to make everyone stop. I was team Villains: Bullseye.

Also, I'm 47 yo....

Back
Top Bottom