Older OG kicks durability.

Question, how well would some kicks from 96 hold up? They look pretty much DS and I'd definitely not rock em hard but I would want to rock em. Kicks in question are 96 JKidds.

If you're referring to the Zoom Flights, the should be good to go. As long as the midsole seems responsive to light pressure and doesn't feel like a brick. Sole seperation may be you're only concern. I got 3 pairs of Flight Lite's from '91 that I wear at least once a week. All have been reglued and that's it. They've held up great.

Check the midsole; soft & still relatively spongy, you should be good to go, if they are hard or look really oxidized, tread lightly.

Not sure if pun intended but I was the victim of a shoe disintegration at work years ago... I left a trail of midsole foam as my OG Nike Air Max 2 94 Trainers midsoles' crumbled.

I was not a happy camper that day, kids.

i wear a pair of og 12s & og low 13s and i dont seem to have any problem with them, but my nike morf sneakers all have different problems whether its the air bubbles shattering or the skin cracking. it really depends on the shoe, but i think those kidds should be ok

All depends on midsole material. Phylon most cases you're good, maybe some sole separation which can be glued back. Polyurethane 99.9% it will crumble. I have a pair of huraches from 1991 that I wear with no problem, and I'm not a skinny dude...

Cool deal thanks for the input guys!! I wouldn't ball in em just put em in rotation but definitely not on a day I'd be out and about alot. I wanna pull the trigger especially cuz it still has the 2 piece 96 box, I'll let ya'll know if i cop or not.

i have a similar question

gunna buy these metallic fives from this guy he said they are ds and never been worn. they are from 99 so idk if they would hold up

^Be careful. IV & V's have a rep for cracking and crumbling. Most agree check the air unit to see if it's foggy. If it is then its probably gonna take a dump sooner than later. Check the midsole even if they're unworn, for cracking. Most of my vintage sneakers with a visible air unit have begun to crack. All those without the visible air, are fine. All in all it's on you bro.

so if the air is foggy then it has a greater probability of cracking right??

i really want them but the chance of it crumbling has me hesitant

^Alot of folks go with the hair dryer method. Placing it on low for 5-10 seconds then wait to see if it clears up. I've done it on a pair of '99 Columbia IV's. It didn't work and I wore them anyhow, a week later the air units busted, and the midsole began its decline. If the air unit looks like milk or to the point where you can't see inside, then it's already begun.

i had og flu games and they were good with the exception of minor seperating on the sole but superglue fixed that.

as long as the midsole is soft and does not have a "brick" feel to it, you should be good to rock!! be very careful with old shoes though..made that mistake with my 99 white cement 4s
frown.gif
cracked on me

Back
Top Bottom