Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States

View media item 203906

Season 1, Episode 1
Episode Synopsis: A review of pivotal but underreported events that shaped America's history over the 20th century begins with an exploration of key strategies that impacted the tide of World War II, and a study of major decision makers, including Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Joseph Stalin and Henry A. Wallace.
Original Air Date: Nov 12, 2012

Season 1, Episode 2
Episode Synopsis: A look at the impact of Harry S. Truman replacing Henry A. Wallace as Franklin D. Roosevelt's vice president during FDR's fourth term. Original Air Date: Nov 19, 2012

Season 1, Episode 3
Episode Synopsis: An exploration of the strategies behind the U.S. atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Original Air Date: Nov 26, 2012

Season 1, Episode 4
Episode Synopsis: As the Cold War intensifies, Winston Churchill makes his Iron Curtain speech, civil war erupts in Greece and the Red Scare ushers in McCarthyism. Original Air Date: Dec 3, 2012

Season 1, Episode 5
Episode Synopsis: Despite Stalin's death, relations with the Soviet Union do not improve and the Cold War turns colder. Also: the H-bomb and the threat of nuclear annihilation are explored; the U.S. policy toward Third World nations is examined; and Eisenhower's impact as president is assessed. Original Air Date: Dec 10, 2012

Season 1, Episode 6
Episode Synopsis: Examining the Bay of Pigs invasion; the early stages of the Vietnam War; John F. Kennedy's efforts to make peace with the Soviet Union; and the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Original Air Date: Dec 17, 2012

Season 1, Episode 7
Episode Synopsis: The war in Vietnam reaches a turning point; President Nixon's involvement in Watergate comes to light. Original Air Date: Dec 24, 2012

Season 1, Episode 8
Episode Synopsis: Ronald Reagan succeeds Jimmy Carter; Reagan and the Soviet Union's Mikhail Gorbachev powwow; and Reagan's legacy is examined. Original Air Date: Dec 31, 2012

Next Episode is tomorrow...........................
Episode Synopsis: Included: George W. Bush and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan; the U.S. economy; the end of the Cold War; and national security in America. Original Air Date: Jan 7, 2013

Real Interesting series on Showtime, might be leftist, but the facts dont lie, thought me more about WWII .......Surprise a thread hasnt been started...........Discuss

None of those topics seem particularly "untold", more like basic elements of US history.

i thought it was gonna show the history of blacks/indians/japanese/basically non-whites history. guess not

If you read outside the school books most of this was talked about. The most interesting stuff was the WWII policies and the decision made back in the 50's and 60's by these president have us in the situation we are in now. It only glance on the japaneese treatment in the U.S. and the blacks. The only guy that could made a u.s. a peaceful nation would have been by vice-president wallace based on oliver stone.

View media item 203906

Real Interesting series on Showtime, might be leftist, but the facts dont lie, thought me more about WWII .......Surprise a thread hasnt been started...........Discuss

Reality has a liberal bias brah

That's a load of crap if I ever heard it. That's garbage that young people say.

How about you calm the F down brah. First off it is a Steven Colbert line I misquoted by accident. It was suppose to be "reality has a well know liberal bias" .He was talking about Bushes approval rating when he said it.

And brah let's keep it 1HUNNA, the biggest problem facing republicans and conservatives right now is how out of touch with reality they really are. Most conservative talking point are based on "information" or "facts" that are simply not true.

Last edited:
Just finished the series on Netflix. Very well done for what it is. We aint ****.

this reminds me of Robert Wuhl's Assume the Position, the history that makes up American and that America Made up
or something like that. Used to come on HBO I think

Back
Top Bottom