On Campus chain restaurants FTL...

$2.39 Double cheeseburgers at BK?
$1.89 whoppers jrs?

why don't on campus fastfood joints not have the same price as the same one 1 mile down the road? 
ohwell.gif

Same reason theme parks don't. They know you'll pay for the convenience. You don't want to lose that parking spot, do you?

Originally Posted by eight2one

because they know your gonna still pay for it...

however, the quizno's here still has regular prices which is nice- but they dont take coupons

One of the best scams going. Universities and colleges should do more to prevent this from happening. They think they're doing you a favor by letting you use your meal plan to purchase fast food but all they're doing is helping you throw money away. There should be a national mandate for standard prices on college campuses. I'm all for capitalism but this seems more like opportunism.At my school (St. John's Law) a Vitamin Water is like $2.50 in the caf but $1.50 in the bookstore
smh.gif
Chartwell's are a bunch of thieves.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

One of the best scams going. Universities and colleges should do more to prevent this from happening. They think they're doing you a favor by letting you use your meal plan to purchase fast food but all they're doing is helping you throw money away. There should be a national mandate for standard prices on college campuses. I'm all for capitalism but this seems more like opportunism.At my school (St. John's Law) a Vitamin Water is like $2.50 in the caf but $1.50 in the bookstore
smh.gif

My school uses chartewells too, but they run their own dining service for the meal Plan. We get two meals a day asr residents (breakfast and dinner)

We get "flex" dollars for lunch, $200(which we probably payed for through fees already, aint nothing free 
laugh.gif
) of it per semester, to use at a seperate cafeteria that contains BK, Mcdonalds, and some other not so well known chains.

Over $2 for a double cheeseburger/// 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Hizzle

Same reason theme parks don't. They know you'll pay for the convenience. You don't want to lose that parking spot, do you?

QFT. That's also a reason why I pack my lunch. School food prices are robbery.

Value menu at Wendy's on campus - $1.49 for everything

1. that defeats the purpose of only having a dollar with that random price 2. there's no value in that

i disappoint

You don't want to lose that parking spot, do you?

This is why. I'd rather pay $.89 more than lose my spot, and take the time to drive down the street. I only went off campus to get better food, I think it was Pollo Loco or something on US 1 off the UMiami campus.....
smh.gif
shouldn't have messed that up....UM FTW. 70% girls, and most of them FINE.

Chartwells FTL, I hated eating on campus. One of the few perks about living off campus is being able to make food that I wouldn't be able to eat if I lived on campus.

Same reason the deli in my apartment building charges more. and I'll gladly pay it, I love being able to walk down 3 flights of stairs when I need grub or a dutch. Convenience $$#!@

My colleges has similar prices, but its not even namebrand food.

$4.00 for some lukewarm cafeteria cheeseburger
indifferent.gif

SOME of the locals that work these spots FTL. some of them are mad nice and look out. The other bums stay starin in your face or actig like they aren't at @#++@%* work. Prices are OD too. I just paid 3 and some change for an 8 piece from chik fil a

Originally Posted by AJ Kickz

You don't want to lose that parking spot, do you?

This is why. I'd rather pay $.89 more than lose my spot, and take the time to drive down the street. I only went off campus to get better food, I think it was Pollo Loco or something on US 1 off the UMiami campus.....
smh.gif
shouldn't have messed that up....UM FTW. 70% girls, and most of them FINE.

You go to UM? Me too, whats your major?

And yeah a first floor spot in Pavia = Gold
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

smh.gif

word? 4.00$ vitamin water here..

Damn some of yall are gettin ripppped off

Here at Colorado State we got Carl Jr's, Taco Bell, Panda Express, Subway, Sbarro etc all for normal prices including dollar menus and 5$ Footlongs

Panda Express Orange Chicken FTW
smokin.gif

When I did my undergrad at Cal State LA, the first two years we didn't really have places to eat (Student Union was being built) except for a King Taco that was overpriced.

When the SU got built, the prices were reasonable.  A couple of independently owned spots a Carls Jr and a Pollo Loco.  It was about .20 cents more, that's not much.  Plus, it was a commuter school, so I would just finish class and bounce most of the time.

@ USC the food is pretty expensive on Campus (the Lot
sick.gif
) and it taste stale.  However, you're only a short bike ride away from the Figueroa Corridor (Fast Food Heaven
laugh.gif
) or the Chipotle/Quizno's at Tuscany or the Yoshinoya/Subway/Wendy's at University Village....
smokin.gif
  I have only ate at EVK (Where kids use their meal plans) once and it was alright, haven't tried IRC (Where international kids use their meal plans)

Back
Top Bottom