On The Cover of NBA Live 2010 is....

Live sucks ... but so what .

D. HOWARD .
pimp.gif

this is why live 10 will be better than 2k10
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3900151

EA Sports went out and hired the gameplay designer from the NBA 2K team, Mike Wang, a guy known throughout the sports gaming world as one of the brains behind popular concepts like 2K's Signature Style.

Mike Wang: And I wouldn't say that we're not doing new stuff, as there are some exciting innovations in this year's title, but we're really focused on the fundamentals and getting things right. One of the things I always struggled with at 2K was when we were porting up from old gen to now, it's still just a port, and 2K has been covering up a lot of those problems with new animations. But with NBA Live, the foundation with the technology is really special, and what I see here is the potential for something that can be great. I think we're just now starting to realize that potential of what the hardware can give us, and we're capitalizing on that right now.

Originally Posted by poorniko

this is why live 10 will be better than 2k10
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=3900151

EA Sports went out and hired the gameplay designer from the NBA 2K team, Mike Wang, a guy known throughout the sports gaming world as one of the brains behind popular concepts like 2K's Signature Style.
Mike Wang: And I wouldn't say that we're not doing new stuff, as there are some exciting innovations in this year's title, but we're really focused on the fundamentals and getting things right. One of the things I always struggled with at 2K was when we were porting up from old gen to now, it's still just a port, and 2K has been covering up a lot of those problems with new animations. But with NBA Live, the foundation with the technology is really special, and what I see here is the potential for something that can be great. I think we're just now starting to realize that potential of what the hardware can give us, and we're capitalizing on that right now.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that but 2K9 showed that the 2K series is getting very stale. If they don't go hard for 2K10 they might aswell sell 2K Sports because Live will get better as it did in Live 09.

Originally Posted by DottsBaller5

hahha 2k is so much better than live, its not even close.

Not really.....

I've played both and 2k does not blow Live out of the water like most of yall think. Live's Dynasty Mode w/ the team practices (weave drills,scrimmages, offensive/defensive drills) really bring a more realistic side to the Dynasty Mode unlike the Assoc. on 2k which is pretty playing games and makingtrades..... Live's Dynasty mode also has the entire allstar wkend which I always thought was cool.

The controls on Live are alot easier but it has too many animated glitches and sequences. Like you perform the same cross over dribbles every single time downthe floor. But 2k's controls are too complicated. Alotta times you want to do one move but end up doing something totally opposite which takes away anyreal feel to the game.

Both games have are too easy in online play. I traded Live in b/c cats would just pick lebron, wade, or kobe and just dunk all game, but on 2k cats wud do thesame thing with any athletic player (i.e. Josh Smith, Lebron, ect) and dunk all game. Also 2k's single player on the higher difficulties is just
mad.gif
.... It is damn near impossible to win a road game, and Kobewill not miss a shot in the 4th.

Live's EA Servers are alot better and the Live365 murders 2k's roster update. Live365 is amazing for those who haven't played Live yet, and EAreally took a step foward with that feature.

2k's player models and movements crush Live's as their players are so robotic
laugh.gif

Both are good games, 2k is better mainly b/c of in game presentation and gameplay. Live sometimes becomes too repetitive w/ the same, crossovers same arcadefreethrow line windmill dunks and what not
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

24 - 8=16 but Kobe is #1 so

16 + 1 = 17
nerd.gif

What the hell are you talking about?

And why the hell is the Knicks cover even an option? Sure it's a funny joke that Spike had when he revealed Kobe being on the cover, but what if itactually is chosen? Does 2k say, well we couldn't really put this on there because he isn't a Knick... Then why allow us to vote?
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom