On the rise: Gas prices, Food prices, CRIME TIPSTERS?!

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That's right[/color]
laugh.gif

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/us/18crimestopper.html?no_interstitial
Calls to the Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers hot line in the first quarter of this year were up 30 percent over last year. San Antonio had a 44 percent increase. Cities and towns from Detroit to Omaha to Beaufort County, N.C., all report increases of 25 percent or more in the first quarter, with tipsters telling operators they need the money for rent, light bills or baby formula.
eek.gif

On Friday, a woman called the Regional Crime Stoppers line in Macon, Ga., to find out when she could pick up her reward money for a recent tip. She was irritated to learn that she would have to wait until Monday.

"I'm in a bind, I'm really in a bind," she told the hot-line operator. "There's a lot of stuff I know, but I didn't open my mouth. If I weren't in a bind, I wouldn't open my mouth."
When she learned the money was not available, she said she would call back with the whereabouts of another suspect whom she had just seen "going down the road."
roll.gif
roll.gif
For tips that bring results, programs in most places pay $50 to $1,000, with some jurisdictions giving bonuses for help solving the most serious crimes, or an extra "gun bounty" if a weapon is recovered. In Sussex County, the average payment for a tip that results in an arrest is $400, Sergeant Beller said.

"Usually you deliver the money in an unmarked car and meet them somewhere," he said. "But these people come right to the office and walk right through the front door."
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Even bravery is on the rise
eek.gif

[/color]
"We're getting a lot more calls related to wanted persons," said Sgt. Tommi Bridgeman, who coordinates the Beaufort County Crime Stoppers program. "People who know that these people have warrants out for their arrest are calling to turn them in."

Last week, the Crime Stoppers coordinator there, Trish Routte, got a call from a man reporting drug activity, a tip that paid him $450. It was his second call in a week, said Ms. Routte, who recognized the caller's voice.

"He told me he really didn't want to call but he just had a new grandbaby and he needed the money," Ms. Routte said.

tired.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Our economy really needs to pull together[/color]

- Cats start gettin' wild desperate when they can't break bread together on our knees.
mad.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
im dying over here. I need to get on that hustle, ill be watching LAs most wanted on the fox11 newscast tonight and see if i spot someone i know
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Damn, I wish they had that here. I got people selling drugs across the street as we speak. I could be gettin' paid!

smh.gif
CincoSeisDos wrote:
eek.gif
roll.gif
im dying over here. I need to get on that hustle, ill be watching LAs most wanted on the fox11 newscast tonight and see if i spot someone i know
eek.gif
smokin.gif

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

On Friday, a woman called the Regional Crime Stoppers line in Macon, Ga., to find out when she could pick up her reward money for a recent tip. She wasirritated to learn that she would have to wait until Monday.

When she learned the money was not available, she said she would call back with the whereabouts of another suspect whom she had just seen "going down theroad."

"Usually you deliver the money in an unmarked car and meet them somewhere," he said. "But these people come right to the office and walk rightthrough the front door."

^Hilarious quotables

Sad...

Hard times, NT. Am I the only one whose not so sure he's gonna make it? (Not sayin I'd snitch, I'd make more money doin the opposite)

people gotta put food on the table somehow.. i know no-one respects a snitch but its better than robbing a bank

Its only going to get worse ya'll....@%$% applications sent in for food stamps went up 28% in Broward County. 19% more using them statewide.

I wouldnt tell on friends and stuff. But if it was someone i didn't know and i needed money, dude going down. I could easily sell drugs and make a lot ofextra cash. But i think its wrong. Not wrong because i don't like drugs but wrong because you can get jail time.

The "stop snitching" mindset is irrational but I'm almost certain that a large number of these 'tips" are total bull **@!.

The large number of 'tips" isn't only because the economy is poor. Here in NYC there are large banner ads on the sides of buses that encouragepeople to snitch to fight the 'war on terror".
laugh.gif

Then you have police chiefs across the country coming out and stating that crime is terrorism. You have teachers at some schools asking kids to snitch ontheir own parents if they have firearms or smoke weed.

Welcome to the New America... which resembles the Soviet Union.

Back
Top Bottom