One Goal That We All Have To Make This World A Little Greener

Hello NT,

The purpose of this thread is simple: I want to encourage all of us to set a personal goal that we all can realistically do to help make our planet greener one step at a time. So for me, I've been driving to work lately because I've been sleeping in instead of waking up early to take public transportation. Though driving takes an average of 30 minutes, public transportation is double the commute. But I would be saving gas, money and helping the planet be a little greener in the process. So my goal lately has been to wake up 20 minutes earlier so I have an adequate amount of time to get ready for the train. I hope each of you can also be more conscious of ways you can personally help our planet. If you have any ideas or goals you would like to share, post them here! :D

Last edited:
I've made it a real effort to not throw small wrappers/garbage out my car window.. forreal though

I don't know if this counts as "greener" like lowering my carbon footprint. But i want to grow something. I want to have a jalapeno plant or grow some basil. My grandmother used to go out into the garden to make an entire salad when i was a kid (Italian ftw). Came back in with tomatoes and lettuce and would chop onions.

But as far as helping the planet....i turned my air off and opened the window last week since its cooler out now...guess that counts

i have a question.

do you think our little contributions to making the world more green actually will help in the long run?

i have a question.
do you think our little contributions to making the world more green actually will help in the long run?

Yes, I do believe that our little contributions can make a difference in the long run. The rate we humans are running this Earth, there will be very little to no resources for our future generations. And our population is only growing while our resources are declining...

i have a question.

If you can even change how much more reluctant people are to do something, thats a step forward. 

Awareness is the first step. 

Like I will actually hesitate before making certain decisions now. 

Back
Top Bottom