one of the best goals ive ever seen vol stoke v wigan

WOW. this is not your run of the mill 50 yard goal, the trajectory on that ball was insane. wish i could hit it like this...

Originally Posted by mmagic1

It was a great goal. Please no more Gabby Logan on MoTD though.

haha dudes like even you can understand that gabby! clearly she is there for eye candy only. she got that british cougar look going
Gabby-Logan-328x453-24kb-media-1337-media-96735-1112891110.jpg

he stepped up so nonchalantly too, like dont mind me im just gonna ping this one 50 yards over your keepers head perfectly into the back of the net

The crazy thing is, he hit it so perfectly that it might have gotten by the keeper even if he was in good/better position. And the manager made an interestingpoint: that it's much more impressive to do this off a free kick because you look like more of an idiot if it doesn't go in, whereas in the flow ofplay you can just call it a cheeky attempt.

lol. reminds me of what marvin harrison did against the broncos a few years back. dudes just stood there and he got up and ran for a td.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

didn't Beckham do something like this last year???
That was an open goal. He bounced it in from beyond the half line. Any half decent player could do that.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

didn't Beckham do something like this last year???
That was an open goal. He bounced it in from beyond the half line. Any half decent player could do that.

Yeah. The more impressive Beckham half-field goal happened when he was starting at ManU and caught the keeper off his line. Not nearly as good as this one, butmuch better than his MLS kick.

yeaah the thing is this wasnt just this guy catching the keep off the line. as someone already pointed out, that shot would've definitely challenged thekeeper even if he was in prime position. that was a 50 yard lazer beam.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

�^Yep I agree...

The ManU one was more impressive than I remembered- almost grazed the crossbar on the way in-, and the MLS one was even crappier than I remembered. It wouldhave been more embarrassing if he missed than impressive if he made.

As a former keeper, these shots were my worst nightmare. The more time I had to think about a shot, the worse the result usually was. I much rather have tomake a save out of instinct than wait for a ball to come to me so I could make a play on it.

What a shot though.

Originally Posted by JCH3

As a former keeper, these shots were my worst nightmare. The more time I had to think about a shot, the worse the result usually was. I much rather have to make a save out of instinct than wait for a ball to come to me so I could make a play on it.

What a shot though.
The reason I moved to striker
laugh.gif
So much easier to kick theball than stop it.

I was in the stadium for that Beckham goal. Pretty dope seeing it live.

This was a great goal though. Must suck to be the goalie.

Back
Top Bottom