Online gaming discussion Vol. 2010 Fifa WC

Just curious as to how/why pick your teams playing Fifa or any other online sports game... In 2010 Fifa WC, it seems everyone is England, Brazil, Spain, or France (top, 5 star teams). That's cool and all, but it's so easy to win with them, it's not even funny. Me? I run with Nigeria (SUPER EAGLES FTW), a 4 star team that is fast, lethal on attacks, and who doesn't have a best player in the world. I also notice that a lot of people WAIT to see who you will play with before they pick their squad. Me? I run with the Super Eagles every time, regardless of who YOU pick. So I was just wondering you're thoughts about people who always play with top teams in sports games and whether or not you always run with the same squad REGARDLESS of who you play? And no, im not mad, I do just fine with my team!

I feel you. I understand people wanting to win, gets points (in Fifa), etc. But if you're that good, couldn't you just run with an avg. team and get the W? I also understand if people run with a squad and they're form that city, state, country... But in Fifa, almost half the people I play are from the US and run with England. Gimme a break.

WC I run with Uruguay because they aren't as good as the top countries. But they have some explosive players. I used to always pick Sweden when playing with international teams because of Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a beast in fifa games.

I use Liverpool and Bayern Munich for my club teams and the US and Holland as my international. It depends on who the opponent picks.

South Korea FTW! I could care less who I'm playing. I'll still take them out. I'm always South Korea. Just cant go stupid and attack all the way out and leave my midfielders stranded.

Everyone in their mother picks Brazil or England. I haven't seen much of anyone else. I don't think people understand FIFA and international football. There's a national pride issue when it comes to the World Cup. Why bother playing with other countries? I'd rather beat someone with South Korea than use Italy/Brazil/France who are much more powerful and beat someone.

Can't wait, World Cup starts this weekend!

Don't get me wrong, I've experimented with different teams 'til I find my nitch with one. In FIFA 10 it was Roma (Totti = deadly) and in WC it's Nigeria (Mikel, Obasi, Martins are stuppiiddd). And I ALWAYS run with them. I just don't get the point of waiting for someone else to choose a team before I do. For example, why would I switch to a European team like France if someone else picks England (in WC), why not just run with the Nigerians? But people do that all the time.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

South Korea FTW! I could care less who I'm playing. I'll still take them out. I'm always South Korea. Just cant go stupid and attack all the way out and leave my midfielders stranded.

Everyone in their mother picks Brazil or England. I haven't seen much of anyone else. I don't think people understand FIFA and international football. There's a national pride issue when it comes to the World Cup. Why bother playing with other countries? I'd rather beat someone with South Korea than use Italy/Brazil/France who are much more powerful and beat someone.

Can't wait, World Cup starts this weekend!
EXACTLY. You gotta play smart D and not double team or hold turbo + attack the whole time. Just jockey and stay with them... I'll be honest, I am usually humble and if I score, won't watch a replay (unless it's just an unheard of goal). BUT if I play England/Spain/Brazil, bet I am watching EVERY replay of EVERY goal since you (my opponent) and everyone else picks them! And no, im not from Nigeria, but geez-us, have some skill and pick a different team that the same 5 everyone else does!

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

South Korea El Salvador FTW! I could care less who I'm playing. I'll still take them out. I'm always South Korea El Salvador. Just cant go stupid and attack all the way out and leave my midfielders stranded.

...and it's sweet to win with weaker teams (Especially in WC Mode, you get more points in the battle of the Nations thing
pimp.gif
)

I ALWAYS pick weak teams and it's hilarious when you put 3-4 goals past your opponent in the 1st half and then these idiots quit on you. I'll be a 3-star team while these fools pick Spain/Brazil/Argentina/England...I'll use a 5-3-2 formation and kill them on the counter-attack.

One team that I have a lot of trouble playing against is the Ivory Coast...Drogba isnt that big of a problem...the problem is that their wings are so fast that they just walk into my penalty box and I cant do anything about it
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I ALWAYS pick weak teams and it's hilarious when you put 3-4 goals past your opponent in the 1st half and then these idiots quit on you. I'll be a 3-star team while these fools pick Spain/Brazil/Argentina/England...I'll use a 5-3-2 formation and kill them on the counter-attack.

One team that I have a lot of trouble playing against is the Ivory Coast...Drogba isnt that big of a problem...the problem is that their wings are so fast that they just walk into my penalty box and I cant do anything about it
smh.gif

I never understood that. The other day I played someone as Nigeria and had 3 goals by the 23 min. and they quit. Granted, 3 goals is a tough deficit to come back from, but you have ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO COME BACK WITH A 5 * TEAM?! I don't care if I am loosing 9-0, I won't quit; ever. And there is no doubt that the teams in the African league are the most aggressive in the game (Ivory Coast, Cameroon, etc). Except for England, I swear to the man above I can double team Rooney and he can run through two defenders, push them off, have my keeper come out to get the ball, and have a PK against me cause my keeper rushed him (which I didn't control, which happened yesterday!!!)

Back
Top Bottom